DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

XL D - Moderator Application

Anmol

In-game name: TALI BMII XL D

SteamID STEAM_0:1:93535599

Warns: maybe 1 when I first started on the server, don’t remember tho.

Timezone: CDT

Playtime?: IDFA BMI XL D has played for 619:20:02. 

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A, but looking forward to get to know everyone on the server.

Past experiences as staff: I was a trial mod on a police rp server

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

I should be chosen over other applicants because personally I have experience, I have played on the server for a long time, I know all the rules, sometimes people break those rules and nothing is done about it so I want to be that change. I’m usually on the server during the evening time and that’s the time new people hop on the server so I would love to help those people out, Even though I have no referrals I think I would be a great fit for a entry mod position. I want to be able to help current the staff team and allow them to get some free time of there own. I want to help make sure that the server can stay in line at all times and make sure that the community can have fun with little to no problems.  The staff team needs more people during the night time on to help keep the server in line. Now that i am getting back into gmod and plan to play this over any other server or game. I think I would be a great fit. 

I also Believe that I would be perfect for this position because I’m very observant, and I pay attention too my surroundings, and would make sure everybody is having a Good time, and not breaking the Rules of the server. When I will accept a ticket I will always listen to both sides of the story, and not just listen to the one guy that says something, then Ban the other Person. I have seen this done by other admins on other servers multiple times, they will hear something from one guy and make a decision, I think that is very wrong because everyone has a voice and deserve a chance to prove their innocence. Of course I understand that new a player will probably make mistakes, and as a staff I would make sure to inform them about it, and not just ban or say nothing about what they have done. Whenever you get a ticket, you should never give that worst punishment you can give, because it may happen that the person in front of you, is uninformed, or even mislead by other players. Thank you for considering my application.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: yes back in the day on a random dark rp server as my friends and I were messing around.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: not on this server, but the police rp server I used to play years back, I did submit one for them.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I can contribute most of my time to this role, as I’m finished mid terms and now have a lot of free time.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?

Outside of garrys mod I like to play basketball, I’m also in the Canadian navy.

Edited by Anmol
Updating my app
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

+1

I've seen XL on almost every day. He's been consistently giving IDFA tryouts to further themselves within the faction and become loyal members of the community. His warleading/debriefs focus on teamwork and he rewards people for their efforts. I disagree with those saying that they don't see him active. He tends to be on in the later parts of the day and I feel that others judging his activity due to their respective playtimes is unfair. He's active and has good intentions. Application parameters aside, its a heavy +1 from me.

Edit : I've seen Zed on the server (obviously) but have never seen any of the other commenters on in my 1,000 hours... I understand they may have differing names from server to forum but I have no recollection of any of them on the server at any point.

Edited by Milky
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

+1

XL D is consistently active on IDFA and has one of the best outlooks towards his faction shown by his actions when he's warleading and his debriefs afterwards making the enlisted feel like they belong where they're at.

The only other thing I would say is to beef your paragraphs to the best you can and stay consistently active. Good Luck on your application!

• Like 1
On 10/20/2021 at 2:15 AM, Milky said:

Edit : I've seen Zed on the server (obviously) but have never seen any of the other commenters on in my 1,000 hours... I understand they may have differing names from server to forum but I have no recollection of any of them on the server at any point.

Just for clarification, this app was originally posted in the DarkRP section (on accident). Most of those people were from DarkRP, the replies have been hidden since. I don’t really have an opinion towards your app XL D, but best of luck!

Edited by acer
  • Like 1
  • Informative 2
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

At the moment I don't feel you're ready for staff yet. In my opinion you should spend some more involved time on the server and Teamspeak. Also from my experience with you on the day of this reply I'm not too confident in you representing the staff team in sits and on the server in general. In the future I may change my mind to supporting you becoming Staff, but from what I've seen of you on the server I can't honestly +1 the app.

• Like 1

First: sir smity, 6 other people have been able to read the app. So you could just turn your brightness up and read it, and I’m getting known in the community slowly.

Second: my paragraphs have been edited and I them beefed up more.

Third: I’m AFG main so me not knowing a lot of the members of US main should not be interfering with my app as I do not play on US, but I wanted to get into staff so I can get to know all of those people on US main as well

I made a previous post with my opinion that was hidden with the drp staff posts that stated a -1  because your text being unreadable.

Also I've only seen you once ever on the server so afaik, you're not even that well known on AFG

You could have also responded to smity a bit more respectfully

Edited by Salmon
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Lmaooo and it was removed because you not being able to read it is not a valid -1 and what I said was not disrespectful it was just facts. Also I’m on everyday so maybe you’ve only been on once since you’ve seen me only one time.

Edited by Anmol
11 minutes ago, Anmol said:

Lmaooo and it was removed because you not being able to read it is not a valid -1

No it was removed because I had quoted and mentioned all the drp staff who were saying your app wasn't up to standars.

You're doing a great job looking professional on your own staff app btw

49 minutes ago, Anmol said:

Thank you for recognizing my professionalism. It’s the same kind of professionalism I’m getting back? Thanks.

(I can’t even read it) SO PROFESSIONAL.

Regardless of what somebody says to you, you should act professionally. You’ve effectively gotten your staff app denied through your responses. 

• Agree 1