Change pd aos lines

Description: Allow police department to arrest people who go past the line and upon the stairs

Reasoning: The stairs is the way to the mayors office, there is no reason people should be allowed up on the stairs while the doors next to the stairs is AOS 
inside. They both connect to the jail cells and the stairs connect to the mayors office even faster then the below route. 
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

There's already a rule which allows that but only the Mayor or Police Chief can place it down. That being said, I do agree that it should be automatic.

+1

• Only the Mayor can create the KOS sign for the PD, if there is no mayor, then the Police Chief, if there is no Police Chief or Mayor, you may not have a KOS sign.
15 minutes ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Neutral

If you have one of those -----AOS/KOS----- lines you can enforce it on the stairs, so making an official rule wouldn't make too much sense considering it's already possible

In garnet gaming TTT discord, I personally asked @Shin_Tsukimi as I was told that rule by a staff member, and he comfirmed that arresting on stairs is not allowed. (#general)

• Informative 2
  • Agree 1

I personally don't see a problem. I mean, the stairs are part of the lobby which isn't restricted access. I can see people abusing this heavily.
At least when it comes down to the rule where "Aos/kos past second doors", if the door is locked then we have lockpicking logs and such to prove they were valid for arrest.

Plus, there are two sets of double doors which acts as sort of an air lock. If the police are paying attention then no one should even be able to get to that point before getting arrested/killed. 
I believe this would just allow for more RDA reports and officers being petty or mingy with the arrests. I especially see hobos or DJ's just hanging out on the steps to stay out of peoples way when the lobby is full, I wouldn't see it fair to arrest them.

If anything, just keep it as KOS/AOS past the second doors or picking the doors. It's simple, you know where the line is, the lobby is public space and past the second doors is police only.

I know this goes against most of the group here but it just doesn't make any sense to me to extend it or make it any more strict than it already is. 

1 hour ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Regardless I support having one set rule that states exactly where AOS/KOS can be enforced

There is, it's past the second doors is AOS. Even without an AOS sign. All that changes is that a mayor or police chief can make it KOS.

8 hours ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

Neutral

If you have one of those -----AOS/KOS----- lines you can enforce it on the stairs, so making an official rule wouldn't make too much sense considering it's already possible

Regardless I support having one set rule that states exactly where AOS/KOS can be enforced

8 hours ago, FestiveCowZilla said:

In garnet gaming TTT discord, I personally asked @Shin_Tsukimi as I was told that rule by a staff member, and he comfirmed that arresting on stairs is not allowed. (#general)

Can back him up on that, it has to be past the double doors.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

It makes some sense but I don't think change is necessary. In order to get past the double-doors mentioned, you have to lockpick it (assuming PD is doing their job) which is already AOS. After that door, there's another door that must be lockpicked. If everyone is following the rules, the raider who is lockpicking would advert raid and it is then up to the PD to respond to the threat within the police department.

As such, I think a change such as this would just negatively impact new players who already have a hard time knowing where they can and can't be arrested/killed at will. Standing on the steps isn't malicious, and until someone's attempting to perform a crime - it's totally harmless for them to be there. If the Mayor is hiding out in his office (which I haven't seen but one time since CPs lost prop ability) then the cops should be able to react to this threat long before the doors are all breached.

9 hours ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

8 hours ago, MisterShankie said:

There is, it's past the second doors is AOS. Even without an AOS sign. All that changes is that a mayor or police chief can make it KOS.

@MisterShankie can you quote this rule? I've never heard of it - and I can't find it in the rules list.
To Aidan's point, I think that "The lobby of PD must be accessible at all times" is a pretty solid rule, assuming you know that the lobby is everything before the doors (including the stairs).

• Agree 3
2 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

Can back him up on that, it has to be past the double doors.

@ShankNinja It isn't officially written. It's one of the many "Common knowledge" rules we have on the server since the rules are rarely ever updated.
It is just known that only a mayor or police chief could put a KOS sign on the PD. That is actually in the rules.

Unless that KOS sign is down, then it cannot be enforced. It is ONLY AOS past the second doors unless a valid KOS sign is placed by the designated roles.

This is why the rule below says "KOS sign" and not "AOS/KOS sign" because it is referring to the doors already being AOS but not KOS without a valid sign.

• Only the Mayor can create the KOS sign for the PD, if there is no mayor, then the Police Chief, if there is no Police Chief or Mayor, you may not have a KOS sign.