DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Base Faction Class Additions

Fetn

+1 This was done in the past giving base faction players the ability to play which ever play style fit them the most without forcing  to tryout for a SOC faction. I also completely agree that this will not ruin anyones drive to join a SOC faction, most new players will join a SOC because they look cool not necessarily always looking for which faction has the best weapon. 

• Like 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
On 11/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, Fetn said:

US Army Demolition - garnet_xm1014 garnet_p226 

Is this a suggestion to only rename the US Army : Breacher [T1] class, or is it suggesting the class be no longer [T1]

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Theos said:

Is this a suggestion to only rename the US Army : Breacher [T1] class, or is it suggesting the class be no longer [T1]

Suggesting the class to no longer be T1 and renamed.

The tier 1 class can be renamed and given a different weapon. 

Again I love the idea but like I said on bishops suggestion, if you will be giving the L115 to army then can we find a replacement for rangers, as of right now the L115 is supposed to be one of the reason to join rangers since we are a “recon/long distance/sniper” faction how ever you wanna put it, if you give the L115 to army then you’re taking one of the reasons to join it, I suggested giving rangers the Barret .50 and just make sure the stats are updated, if that’s done then I can support this 100%

• Toxic 1
  • Friendly 1
1 minute ago, Harris said:

I suggested giving rangers the Barret .50

I'm sure something like this could be sorted out with just an addition to this suggestion or creating a suggestion of your own, but again I don't think it is really needed.

2 minutes ago, Harris said:

if you give the L115 to army then you’re taking one of the reasons to join it

As already stated before, the guns are a minor factor as to why someone would join a faction. As incoming enlisted are joining the server they generally are looking the "Coolest" faction that they can find. 

6 minutes ago, Harris said:

L115 is supposed to be one of the reason to join rangers since we are a “recon/long distance/sniper” faction

Honestly you could look at this from a different angle. If Army enlisted are trying out for Army sniper then you can start trainings for those enlisted teaching them how to properly use while also recruiting from the group the attends those trainings. Along with that if Rangers are supporting the Army enlisted and training them how to use the L115 and being involved with them, then they will feel more "wanted" which in turn will make them want to join Rangers. Not purely because of the gun but rather the fact that a Ranger is teaching them how to play and win wars, in the end they will want to join you.

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Harris said:

Again I love the idea but like I said on bishops suggestion, if you will be giving the L115 to army then can we find a replacement for rangers, as of right now the L115 is supposed to be one of the reason to join rangers since we are a “recon/long distance/sniper” faction how ever you wanna put it, if you give the L115 to army then you’re taking one of the reasons to join it, I suggested giving rangers the Barret .50 and just make sure the stats are updated, if that’s done then I can support this 100%

You join SOC for the people and models, how rangers should act is that they should train the army on how to use the L115 properly making them want to join the faction. Personally you have your priorities and every other ranger that thinks like this has their priorities wrong. Overall you should fix up your priorities this lone suggestion will not kill off the people wanting to join Rangers. Like remake explained I agree with him a lot. 

• Cringe 2
  • Toxic 1
8 hours ago, Harris said:

replacement for rangers

Having checked the Snipers available on the server at the moment, all are in use except for the De Lisle which would need a major fire rate nerf if it was being added to a class. So chances are there'd be a repeat of a sniper, if this is accepted.

7 hours ago, Fetn said:

You join SOC for the people and models, how rangers should act is that they should train the army on how to use the L115 properly making them want to join the faction. Personally you have your priorities and every other ranger that thinks like this has their priorities wrong. Overall you should fix up your priorities this lone suggestion will not kill off the people wanting to join Rangers. Like remake explained I agree with him a lot. 

I said that’s one of the reasons, not the only reason, there have been a good number that joined or have tried to join because of the L115, and I never said I’m completely against the idea or anything I was just saying it would be nice if we could get something different as a replacement because going from 11B/A to a T2 faction you generally expect a change or upgrade in equipment, sorry that my suggestion and opinion  offended you it seems. And I know exactly how rangers should act, you don’t need to tell me.

• Like 1

+1

On 11/20/2021 at 4:29 PM, Remake said:

This was done in the past giving base faction players the ability to play which ever play style fit them the most without forcing  to tryout for a SOC faction. I also completely agree that this will not ruin anyones drive to join a SOC faction, most new players will join a SOC because they look cool not necessarily always looking for which faction has the best weapon. 

I agree with remake. We shouldnt be forcing players to join a soc or spend money to play a certain way. Like Tali not having a sniper. 

I do think some weapon changes do need to be made.

For grenadier the class should get a primary weapon with the smoke. Most new players don't have donors and we should punish players for wanting to play a more supportive role.

Tali Demolition shotgun would need to be changed for something else. xm1014 is a semi-auto shotgun that is pretty insane while the toz is a pump and pretty ass. Toz should be replaced with the mp-153. This would put both Demolitions on the same playing field as both guns would be semi-auto and usable. 

5 minutes ago, jas0n said:

Tali Demolition shotgun would need to be changed for something else. xm1014 is a semi-auto shotgun that is pretty insane while the toz is a pump and pretty ass. Toz should be replaced with the mp-153. This would put both Demolitions on the same playing field as both guns would be semi-auto and usable. 

The TOZ when I used it as a GM absolutely slapped cqc no matter what, but also the MP-153 would work too

And the reason grenadier doesnt get a primary is because i just copied the 2017 classes from marines

• 3 weeks later...

Accepted

The overall premise of this suggestion, and class changes/additions to base factions, has been accepted (sorry for the delay)

This suggestion will be moved to 'In Progress' whilst specific classes/weapons are being considered.

Please note this is means what is introduced may not be an identical match to what this suggestion has proposed, however the overall suggestion provided should be present when implemented.

• Agree 1