DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

*NEW MAP* MilitaryRP Update [8/31/2018]

6 hours ago, Garnet said:

Town

41326e75336ba542429f01e37cd67d72.jpg

6 hours ago, Garnet said:

Construction

51a014aef708055767fea92151bbf903.jpg

I agree on the sentiment that the middles of Town Center and Construction look a bit empty. With the snow map, the roads were more obvious and the mountains made an empty center of an objective more viable. With a more flat map like this, and the floor texture, it looks like there's just something missing there. Either add some trees (which may look weird), bushes (which I think is the best option for Construction at least), or fallen cars/vehicles (which would work pretty well on both). I get the point of having an open section so that people rotating can easily be sniped, but I feel there's better ways to accomplish that and yield the same game play without looking so empty.

• Like 2

as the snow melts grass arises and begins to grow the air is crisp and a soft cool breeze comes across as you see "COMMSGOD" arise from the dust @Dillan

btw im super hyped for Obstacle Course to come back, it brings back so many memories 

Edited by Goldy
  • The Garnut
11 hours ago, Not Cool said:

But seriously now, I like the map, very bright, I like the trees around comms, they will give cover instead of trying to run directly into comms and get shot by sniper and yay obstacle course is back. For the town, it looks a bit... empty, maybe add destroyed cars in the middle of the road in the town, or get inspiration from this map on insurgency, i dont remember how it's called, but there's a long road in the middle of a town exactly like that, and look how they made cover maybe to get some inspiration. Also those sidewalk looks t h i c c af, or maybe it's just because of the angle from where you took the screenshot. Other than that the rest is perfect

Naw I actually took the screenshot from the most flattering angle 😞

Construction and Town always gave people shit FPS with a busy server, so I took the majority of the detail out of these locations (IE: prop buses, overlay roads) to hopefully boost FPS by a bit.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
5 hours ago, Catfisher said:

I feel there's better ways to accomplish that and yield the same game play without looking so empty.

Read my above comment. We already had propped busses, an oil rig, and bushes/trees there before. I intentionally took them out of town and construction

13 hours ago, Winks said:

I like the look of the map it really makes me want to get money so I can donate and get Ghillie and a M-60. Also could you post a bird's eye view of the map showing where everything is. Mainly the Obstacle Course.

It is in front of construction.