In-game name: 11B WO1 Chaser
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:91421129
Warns: None (Only Verbal)
Timezone: US Eastern Standard Time
Playtime?: 332 Hours and 28 Minutes
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
Referral(s): [What gamemaster recommended you to apply?] Staiic
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None but I have assisted in some of the Events
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I am active more than other members and will be able to plan more events for the players of the server.  The guys on the server are bored a lot and we have too few events. I would bring more events to them and be able to add a  more RP leaning experience. I want to have more people get into their character and get more into the immersion. The way people turn away from the RP experience is kind of disheartening. The 11B don't have much to do with the Other SOCs. I will try to focus on getting 11B more involved and the lower class PVTs as well because I want to keep them on the server. They are our Lifeblood and they keep us going without them we will falter and fail. 

I have seen to many people leave the server for being too bored, and I want to bring them more fun. More RP out of the PVTs will be good for them and will give them some joy.  This will be able to have them be on more to be there more engaging with the community. This will allow the Players to have more fun and want to stay on more.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details 
I was 12 and was banned on a Military RP server for being a minge but that was 6 years ago.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

The Majority of my time I am in between college right now. So I will be on a good amount of time. The Majority of my time most likely.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:

Providing a good experience and Roleplay in-between war that can give people a good RP experience. Being able to keep people engaged

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: 
I have always had a strive towards RP and try to bring out as much as possible during events and I want to bring it more.

Please list and explain 3 unique event ideas designed for only your faction to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]
A buyout deal gone wrong. The US Military is about to purchase some additional arms from a Buyer in the desert. They confront the buyer and he says The deal has changed and he was payed to rat out the Military and the area is now surrounded by Enemies and they have to fight out of it and then kill the dealer.

The US has to extract some info from Tali from their food supplier so they raid the Supplier in a covert Ops Mission after fighting through the Guards the US will interrogate the food Supplier for questions and then the Tali will get word of it from one of their patrols and they will attack and try to get him back if they do they win the Sim and keep their food supply. If they lose him they will have to find another supplier.

The US is under attack from a Special Tali force and they have stolen our info we have to get it back by attacking the holding point (mosque) and extract it as it has top secret files. We will have to fight through the hordes of enemies and secure the intel and then bring it back to base. 

Please list and explain 1 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

A rebel force from a neighboring province has invaded and is trying to take it over. The Tali and the US will have to call a temporary truth to counter this massive threat. Other players will be switched to the Rebel side and have a huge fight across the map with NPCs fighting to. They will have to push towards the the city center (Factory) and fight through it and confront the rebels and then Interrogate them and then High Command takes them away in a Helicopter for further questioning.

Edited by Chaserwing
Title change
  • Disagree 1

+1 I can't comment on your activity or demeanor in game, but I think your ideas and general mindset would only be helpful to the current GMs.

1 hour ago, Chaserwing said:

I would bring more events to them and be able to add a  more RP leaning experience.

While the GM team has moved more towards the direction of PvP events. You go on to list these events.

1 hour ago, Chaserwing said:

A buyout deal gone wrong. The US Military is about to purchase some additional arms from a Buyer in the desert. They confront the buyer and he says The deal has changed and he was payed to rat out the Military and the area is now surrounded by Enemies and they have to fight out of it and then kill the dealer.

The US has to extract some info from Tali from their food supplier so they raid the Supplier in a covert Ops Mission after fighting through the Guards the US will interrogate the food Supplier for questions and then the Tali will get word of it from one of their patrols and they will attack and try to get him back if they do they win the Sim and keep their food supply. If they lose him they will have to find another supplier.

The US is under attack from a Special Tali force and they have stolen our info we have to get it back by attacking the holding point (mosque) and extract it as it has top secret files. We will have to fight through the hordes of enemies and secure the intel and then bring it back to base. 

These are very simple PvP events that I believe are in like with what the GM team is looking for (obviously I can't speak for them). If you can apply your RP "learning experience" idea to these events, adding a little bit of RP and keeping it PvP, then you will be extremely successful. If you can keep in line with the PvP nature of events while incorporating a small amount of RP for new players to learn, I will be impressed.

My tip to you: Don't forget this idea while you GM, make sure to always listen to player feedback, and do your best to make fun events for the people :).

From what I have read on this application it seems well thought out and pretty descriptive. The only problem with this is its not very original, I've seen many GM applications in the past for many things (including my own at one point), I just don't see any real original ideas. If I saw that I would consider possibly a +1 but that isn't the only complaint I have. When it comes to your activity on the server while yes your are active, the way you present yourself on the server is not ideal. Quite a few of the interactions I have had with you have been rather unprofessional, and while I know this is just a game it does not give you the ability to think you are better than other people purely based on the letters in your name. I do believe that you have a chance in the future but at the current point the evidence that I have presented here proves to me that you are not yet mature enough on the server to gain access to the GM role, get more involved with the community, talk to more of us older players and let us get to know you more that will help you a lot. As well as that try to be more chill and relaxed that is one thing a lot of people look for in someone they can respect and trust and it will go a long way in helping you to become well known, like, and respected on the server. As someone who has made plenty of mistakes in the past (more than I can count) it takes much more than time and effort to become a GM it takes respect from the community and visible passion and originality. I can promise you we hate cookie cutter events and some GMs do them and its annoying. Listen to the community and gather some ideas from your peers. Then once you have that you can create some pretty cool original ideas. To finish this off you seem like a good kid with good intentions, I'm just not sure you able to properly express those yet but I do believe in the future you can achieve them. Until that time though I unfortunately have to give you a thumbs down bro.

Good luck, 

Astolfo

-1 Reason being is that ive seen how you've acted within the warrant officer ranks and from what i see you're controlling and power hungry. i personally feel that if you were to end up getting Game Master , you'd use it to act better than and control other players. the only advice i can give at this time is to work on your approach with people. With that being said best of luck with this, if you get the position i expect to see good behavior and maturity.  

Good Luck , Dennis

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Astolfo said:

From what I have read on this application it seems well thought out and pretty descriptive. The only problem with this is its not very original, I've seen many GM applications in the past for many things (including my own at one point), I just don't see any real original ideas. If I saw that I would consider possibly a +1 but that isn't the only complaint I have. When it comes to your activity on the server while yes your are active, the way you present yourself on the server is not ideal. Quite a few of the interactions I have had with you have been rather unprofessional, and while I know this is just a game it does not give you the ability to think you are better than other people purely based on the letters in your name. I do believe that you have a chance in the future but at the current point the evidence that I have presented here proves to me that you are not yet mature enough on the server to gain access to the GM role, get more involved with the community, talk to more of us older players and let us get to know you more that will help you a lot. As well as that try to be more chill and relaxed that is one thing a lot of people look for in someone they can respect and trust and it will go a long way in helping you to become well known, like, and respected on the server. As someone who has made plenty of mistakes in the past (more than I can count) it takes much more than time and effort to become a GM it takes respect from the community and visible passion and originality. I can promise you we hate cookie cutter events and some GMs do them and its annoying. Listen to the community and gather some ideas from your peers. Then once you have that you can create some pretty cool original ideas. To finish this off you seem like a good kid with good intentions, I'm just not sure you able to properly express those yet but I do believe in the future you can achieve them. Until that time though I unfortunately have to give you a thumbs down bro.

Good luck, 

Astolfo

Edited by Chaserwing
6 hours ago, DennyB said:

-1 Reason being is that ive seen how you've acted within the warrant officer ranks and from what i see you're controlling and power hungry. i personally feel that if you were to end up getting Game Master , you'd use it to act better than and control other players. the only advice i can give at this time is to work on your approach with people. With that being said best of luck with this, if you get the position i expect to see good behavior and maturity.  

Good Luck , Dennis

Dennis I have no idea what you are talking about. What signs have i given that I am controlling and power hungry?

-1 you are worse than astolfo at time hehe, but yeah your attitude needs to improve so much before becoming a GM like what had happened with me my attitude improved and I became one but I believe if you think of better ideas and your attitude changes you might get on the team but its a -1 for me.

• Agree 1

-1 You seem like a great kid at heart but the way you act on the server sometimes makes me uncomfortable with you becoming staff. You seem to be power hungry and want nothing but control over people, when you were enlisted you constantly tried to order people around for things you couldn't or shouldn't be ordering like telling lower enlisted to go train when you yourself could've trained.

• Agree 1

I am neutral on this one you are a very dedicated player with a interesting personality, and from what it seems you are always trying to keep your faction doing things and always asking for events when people are bored and want to do something.  However as a GM you need to focus on keeping the entire server active and having something to do. Not just your faction although 11B tends to be an easier group to host RP events and large events for as they are a large group you have to make sure you are focused on trying to bring everyone together as a community. I like your events but they are a little lack luster and have been seen before on the server. I suggest that you take some time to build a name in the community and figure out what it means to be a GM if you can do that this will change to a fat plus one! 

Denied

You seem like a great person but at the same time your reaction from astolfos comment makes me not comfortable with adding you on to the team.

You should also try an make a name for yourself within the community it would help.

Also I suggest to reapply you seem like a decent fit but you should improve on some ways you talk and interact with others

You may reapply after 72 hours  

@Theos lock and move 

• Agree 5