BatHulkSmash - Moderator Application

BatHulkSmash

In-game name: BatHulkSmash (shortened to BatHulk for simplicity)

SteamID : STEAM_0:1:121227289

Warns: n/a

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: | CO HEOD CBM 2LT 1620 BatHulk has played for 437:2:34. (updated)

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): None

Past experiences as staff: Admin rank on GGs MRP (back when 'T' and 'Head' ranks didn't exist), then again a year or 2 later as H-Mod. Honorary Mod on GG DRP for a short time.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I am a long-time member of the community, having been around for about 5-6 years (since 2016), so I am pretty familiar with most of the server operations. I have been staff twice on GG's MRP server as well as honorary Mod on DRP for a short time. That being said, I have staffing experience that could be of use. I have led several factions on GG servers, most notably COL of Spetsnaz GRU on MRP and CDR of 91st Mobile Corps on SWRP, and have sufficient leadership experience from my time in those positions.

My age and maturity give me an innate sense of logic and common sense that I have used to troubleshoot and problem solve issues both in game as well as in life and will continue to use these skills within this position. I feel that I would fit well within the staff team as I already know most of them from previous experiences or have gotten to know them through RP.

I have a combined total of 2,896 hours in Gmod, most of which is in GG servers. I am also what I like to think, a well-known name in certain parts of the community. It always makes me smile when I log into a server after some time away and immediately get hello messages from old friends I haven't spoken to in a long time.

Some interesting facts about me: I've got a Jeep Wrangler, it's orange, and it's great. It was my dream car that I was able to get about a year ago, and I look forward to upgrading it. I also work at Amazon, specifically the damages department. I process items that have been damaged at some point in the building and determine whether they can be sold at a discount, trashed, or donated to one of the several non-profit charities we partner with. Last but not least, I have Tourettes syndrome, so I perform actions and make noises at random, so if I make weird sounds or nonsensical movements during your interactions with me, that would be the reason.

I'm typically online during the evening during peak times throughout the back half of the week, and I'm usually on during dead hours after most of the staff/gm team are offline on my weekends.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, include details: once in 2016 for acc. mass

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have not made any applications for this position for this server.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I'm typically online by 6:30/7pm most nights and i usually get off by midnight (Wed-Sat). My weekends are usually Sun-Tues (though can be just Sun & Mon due to work scheduling) and I'm typically on most of the day and usually very early in the morning. So in short 4ish hours most days, more on my weekends.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? usually just some other games like Modern warfare, when its not broke to shit, and i like to attend Jeep events when my work schedule allows for it.

Did you read the staff rules?: BatHulkSmash

Edited by BatHulkSmash
updated playtime
  • Friendly 1
  • Agree 1

+1

You have prior experience as a staff member, you're mature and levelheaded, and you've been active in contributing to the server as a Battalion lead. While we don't have a ton of players overnight when you and I play, having another person who can be available is always helpful. I think you would make a great addition to the staff team!

• Like 1