Mafia Job Roles

Deft

Description:

I know this is being suggested after Proggy's third gang suggestion, so I might be riding his coattails here, this is a suggestion I had for a while (mostly from joking about SopranosRP). But hear me out, the amount of "gangs" on the server are mostly limited to street gangs, and those character models are mostly ripped from GTA gangs. Now not to knock GTA or anything, but there is quite an abundance of GTA models (Crips, Bloods, Michael, CJ, Trevor, Franklin). The Mafia class could be a more sophisticated gang job that could introduce low level players with a higher level players to get a feel for the server.

Some ideas in terms of jobs:

Soldier:

Description: The low man on the pole. Equipped with a knife, the soldier will carry out orders by the Don, or a Captain if there is no Don. The soldier's main task is to mug, steal, and defend the higher ranks.
Level Needed: 10
Loadout: Bayonette Knife

Classes Available: 4

Costumes Available: 4

spacer.png

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111122529&searchtext=Mobster

Captain:

Description: Second in command, the captain carries out more sophisticated tasks such as drug trade and arms deals. Acts as the captain if there is no Don, if there is, the Captain must take orders from the Don.
Level Needed: 34
Loadout: Keypad Cracker, Lockpick, M92 Beretta
Classes Available: 2

Costumes Available: 1

spacer.png

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1560670657&searchtext=Mafia

The Don:

Description: The leader of the mafia. Orders over the mafia and can orchestrate raids.
Level Needed: 50
Loadout: Pro Keypad Cracker*, Pro Lockpick*, AK47,
Classes Available: 1

Costumes Available: 1

(I think having a pro lockpick/keypad is fair for The Don to have, as he is restricted to only being aligned with other mafia members, as well as there only being one class)

spacer.png

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=283211438&searchtext=m

Scarface:

Description: A more advanced soldier with VIP perks.
Level Needed: 20 (VIP EXCLUSIVE)
Loadout: Pro Keypad Cracker, Pro Lockpick, M16

Classes Available: 2
Costumes Available: 5

spacer.png

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=527998421&searchtext=Scarface

Mafia Rules:

-Can raid.
-Can megabase (same restrictions as Crips and Bloods [i.e. cannot block the street])
-Members of the Mafia MUST only base with other Mafia members.
-Captain+ can do business with drug dealers.
-Can own printers.
-Can counter.

Reasoning:
I personally think this would benefit the server as having some sort of level unity in the server. The Crips and Bloods' highest class is set to Level 10, which is a relatively low class and more likely to get walloped by other raiding classes. The Mafia would be a way to have players as low as Level 10 to be in vicinity with players that have more experience (Level 50+) and I think it would allow for lower level classes to learn from players that have a much stronger knowledge of the game.

Additional Information: 
-Photos and links are listed above.
-Total file size for all addons is 14.858MB.

• Agree 1

I see people run RP mafia all the time and having an established mafia player class/faction would be awesome!

But this is the reason that's provided when I tried adding Metrocop to Police so I don't think it will be added:
6inathq.png

Honestly I think this would be a pretty great addition. I'm not crazy on all of the models but I think just adding even a Don would be a pretty decent addition, with no limit on the criminals he can have in his mafia. Maybe an exception to allow hitmen to base with him? I don't know.

I'll say Neutral because I'd like to wait for Proggy's suggestion to get an official response and I also think this suggestion is a bit busy, although I know it's all just loose suggestions and done so that it isn't a blank and uninteresting page (which is a good idea).

If his gets added I'll +1 this to be next on the radar for new factions. But as it stands, new 'factions' are technically still against the rules; although Proggy's suggestion could create a "supreme court ruling" of sorts.

Edited by ShankNinja
  • Informative 1
  • 2 months later...
Guest proggy

Denied
Not enough community support to add this in.
Personally I think there's currently plenty of criminal classes. Adding a fourth gang faction wouldn't do much to the server except clutter the f4 menu and give people a few more models.

I could see us adding a mafia gang at some point, but the suggestion would need much more support!