DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

DarkRP is stale and making the excuse of "its vanilla" isnt helping

First of all let me start off by saying i've been playing Garnet DarkRP since like 2018 (which isn't that long compared to some) but longer than most of the current managers, and long enough to see how stale the server is becoming. 20% of the server is alts (which makes the server run like ass) and the economy has been fucked up ever since Rohan was manager and spawned a bunch of meth and other shit in. DarkRP barely receives any attention from garnet and milrp and swrp updates outnumber DarkRP 4 times over. This makes no sense, DarkRP was the server that made garnet gaming GARNET GAMING but now it is forgotten about. Theres no events in DRP anymore, theres no grind because alts are in the server and its just stale. I love this server and community but god damn, it makes no sense.

• The Garnut

DarkRP really doesn't need that many updates, and yes, we are targeting a more vanilla-esque type gameplay, but what i don't understand is.. instead of making a whine thread, why not make a helpful suggestion of what you would want different?

Are you trying to generate a discussion? because I don't think this has been successful in moving people to start a discussion or suggest ideas to make DarkRP more fun.

PS

the only reason i'm reading this in the first place is because i'm working on a DRP update and thought you might have some helpful information, but nope 😕 

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 2

Bro what are you on about? I've been around since like 2020 and have no clue what you're talking about. Economy? Do you have any idea how easy it is to get money? I will admit this server could use some events besides the artifact (does anyone even look for that thing?) or the occasional lockdown (which requires other players to make interesting). I also agree saying "It's Vanilla" isn't a good argument. But do you have any actual suggestions? Also the alts are pretty much encouraged by the server, since the server itself tells you that you can idle for credits

Don't just whine man, give suggestions.

1 hour ago, Salmon said:

Just an idea but maybe a map change for DRP? Obviously to be discussed with DRP mains but I've seen some pretty cool DRP maps out there, I just don't know if they could fit a population as big as GG DRP

Okay.  Salmon your great , but this ain’t it chief, 

not to be rude but the darkrp server has been staple for multiple years. it’s been on it’s up and downs. This is just such a over reaction. Especially when the past couple days when the server is maxing at 90+. I would appreciate if you knew the history before you make an asinine suggestion like this. If you even looked you would see probably about 75% of the top servers are on the map that we use. 

Edited by OpTic Gunner
  • Cringe 4
10 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Okay.  Salmon your great , but this ain’t it chief, 

not to be rude but the darkrp server has been staple for multiple years. it’s been on it’s up and downs. This is just such a over reaction. Especially when the past couple days when the server is maxing at 90+. I would appreciate if you knew the history before you make an asinine suggestion like this. If you even looked you would see probably about 75% of the top servers are on the map that we use. 

Optic Gunner the player count will always be high on garnet because it’s garnet, but for old players this shit is getting old tbh. it’s just farming money printers with alts all day until you get bored lmfao occasionally doing meth and also getting bored asf. Pretty much the reason the “ richest players” Don’t play anymore. Not to mention the updates on mrp and cwrp outnumber DarkRP FOUR FOLD I just don’t get why they couldn’t add some more rping systems that are actually engaging and not just printing for hours when nobody can raid you cuz of your pixel peeks😭

3 hours ago, Meme_Dealer said:

Bro what are you on about? I've been around since like 2020 and have no clue what you're talking about. Economy? Do you have any idea how easy it is to get money? I will admit this server could use some events besides the artifact (does anyone even look for that thing?) or the occasional lockdown (which requires other players to make interesting). I also agree saying "It's Vanilla" isn't a good argument. But do you have any actual suggestions? Also the alts are pretty much encouraged by the server, since the server itself tells you that you can idle for credits

Don't just whine man, give suggestions.

Suggestions barely get implemented lol

1 minute ago, Reverend said:

Not to mention the updates on mrp and cwrp outnumber DarkRP FOUR FOLD I just don’t get why they couldn’t add some more rping systems that are actually engaging

Your answer here:

7 hours ago, Nutter said:

DarkRP really doesn't need that many updates, and yes, we are targeting a more vanilla-esque type gameplay

1 minute ago, Reverend said:

not just printing for hours when nobody can raid you cuz of your pixel peeks😭

Do you want more content or for more interesting raids? Legitimate question because you're saying the server is stale and essentially pointing to "everything" but not providing potential solutions or suggestions on to what you feel would be better.

19 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

You started the paragraph claiming you weren't trying to be rude, but the rest of your language says otherwise. This isn't even close to passive aggressive, in my opinion. Aside from that, the map does seem to play an important role in convincing players to join as seen more than a few times in the past.

7 minutes ago, Reverend said:

Optic Gunner the player count will always be high on garnet because it’s garnet

???

7 minutes ago, Reverend said:

it’s just farming money printers with alts all day until you get bored lmfao occasionally doing meth and also getting bored asf. Pretty much the reason the “ richest players” Don’t play anymore.

Not sure what you expected. This is the literal essence of DarkRP (as a gamemode) and has been for the last 5+ years. This is also the direction the general community had wanted to continue down (with more semi-serious roleplay attempts basically failing).

13 hours ago, Reverend said:

Theres no events in DRP anymore, theres no grind because alts are in the server and its just stale. I love this server and community but god damn, it makes no sense.

What types of events do you want? There isn't a grind but you're complaining that the "most interesting content" on the server is farming printers in unraidable bases?

• Cringe 1
  • Agree 2
8 minutes ago, Lex_ said:

Your answer here:

Do you want more content or for more interesting raids? Legitimate question because you're saying the server is stale and essentially pointing to "everything" but not providing potential solutions or suggestions on to what you feel would be better.

You started the paragraph claiming you weren't trying to be rude, but the rest of your language says otherwise. This isn't even close to passive aggressive, in my opinion. Aside from that, the map does seem to play an important role in convincing players to join as seen more than a few times in the past.

???

Not sure what you expected. This is the literal essence of DarkRP (as a gamemode) and has been for the last 5+ years. This is also the direction the general community had wanted to continue down (with more semi-serious roleplay attempts basically failing).

What types of events do you want? There isn't a grind but you're complaining that the "most interesting content" on the server is farming printers in unraidable bases?

Why did you reply like that lmao. 

Garnet can say whatever he wants, but everybody can agree DarkRP needs a new spark either rule wise or gameplay/mechanic wise to actually make old players want to actually play the game again and keep it going. 

Well I mean clearly we're doing something right since y'all still max out the server pop. Also you could create your own RP, especially older players with hundreds of hours of non stop grinding of printers, y'all don't do anything to contribute to the server aside from sitting in your unraidable bases. This is less of a Development issue, and more of players being lazy and not doing much.

1 hour ago, Reverend said:

Garnet can say whatever he wants, but everybody can agree DarkRP needs a new spark either rule wise or gameplay/mechanic wise to actually make old players want to actually play the game again and keep it going. 

Ok great, awesome, what do you have in mind. Garnet literally responded to you and asked you to give a specific example of what DRP needs in order for it to be 'reinvigorated' (even tho it has good pop compared to servers that get constant updates like MRP and SWRP).

2 hours ago, Reverend said:

the player count will always be high on garnet because it’s garnet

Elaborate.

it’s just farming money printers with alts all day until you get bored

Then do something o.O, it doesn't take much effort to get some friends together and make scenarios. RP like you're some thief guild and mob people, incite some chaos or some shit, what you want done to the server can easily be done if you just took the time. I guarantee that there are people that would engage with your RP and go along with it if you actually gave RP some effort. 'Old players' just limiting themselves to printers does not mean the server is stale.

Suggestions barely get implemented lol

Doesn't mean you cannot make them, if you truly cared about the server you'd make suggestions, incite CONSTRUCTIVE discussion, and get some movement going. Do something about it.

why they couldn’t add some more rping systems that are actually engaging and not just printing for hours when nobody can raid you cuz of your pixel peek

THEN MAKE A SUGGESTION. Again, you are complaining without actually doing anything yourself. Garnet requires feedback if he is to make updates, it is nearly impossible for him to dedicate time and effort to DRP and make changes without the other 16 or so servers being neglected. The players are his eyes and ears, and if y'all are just too lazy, then he can't get shit done.

Keep it constructive btw boys, this is a discussion, not an epic rap battle of history. And on a side note, the initiative to do something is not only limited to old players, literally any player in the world can do it, you just have to put in effort, but for old players it would be easier as they can make scenarios that are in accordance to the rules, and have influence in the happenings of DRP.

• Agree 2

I am one of those "richest players" who contributes to this wildly inaccurate "20%" alt count you mentioned. As I type this, DRP has 29 players on, and I highly doubt 20% of that is alts, now aside from that, I haven't farmed in easily over a month, because I got bored of the game. You seem to have made this post because you too are bored of the game, and that is perfectly fine. Don't play the game! No one is forcing you to play it and coming on to the forums to make another empty complaint that will lead to nothing does not change a single thing. People take breaks from this community all the time, and honestly it's probably what keeps them coming back. The server can only fit 120 players at a time, which means not everyone will be on at the same time, and not everyone will even be interested in the game at once. People take breaks from the game. It is natural. If you don't like the game then take a break. Don't just come on to the forums and make another one of these "rich players.......alts......boring....." posts with absolutely no suggestions at all. You were so desperate to even come up with a paragraph length that you mentioned rohan, who hasn't been staff since I WAS STAFF, so long ago, like you mentioned, before most of the managers we have today even got their 10K starting money. Now to touch on adding something to the game, I would like to see evocity. Why? Well it's a bigger map for less densely populated areas, and everyone will be forced to build a new base and we won't have so many of these pesky "unraidable" bases. The only thing that makes a base "unraidable" is the mf inside guarding it, no single base is undeniably "unraidable".

TLDR: If you don't like the game, don't play it, instead of making an empty complaint post like this, mentioning inaccurate information, and mentioning shit that quite literally happened last decade that hasn't been relevant since then. 

As my contribution to this "suggestion" thread, I personally would like to see evocity*

*Yes I know it's not going to happen, but I had to at least leave something 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Winner 1
18 minutes ago, Pluto_ said:

I am one of those "richest players" who contributes to this wildly inaccurate "20%" alt count you mentioned. As I type this, DRP has 29 players on, and I highly doubt 20% of that is alts, now aside from that, I haven't farmed in easily over a month, because I got bored of the game. You seem to have made this post because you too are bored of the game, and that is perfectly fine. Don't play the game! No one is forcing you to play it and coming on to the forums to make another empty complaint that will lead to nothing does not change a single thing. People take breaks from this community all the time, and honestly it's probably what keeps them coming back. The server can only fit 120 players at a time, which means not everyone will be on at the same time, and not everyone will even be interested in the game at once. People take breaks from the game. It is natural. If you don't like the game then take a break. Don't just come on to the forums and make another one of these "rich players.......alts......boring....." posts with absolutely no suggestions at all. You were so desperate to even come up with a paragraph length that you mentioned rohan, who hasn't been staff since I WAS STAFF, so long ago, like you mentioned, before most of the managers we have today even got their 10K starting money. Now to touch on adding something to the game, I would like to see evocity. Why? Well it's a bigger map for less densely populated areas, and everyone will be forced to build a new base and we won't have so many of these pesky "unraidable" bases. The only thing that makes a base "unraidable" is the mf inside guarding it, no single base is undeniably "unraidable".

TLDR: If you don't like the game, don't play it, instead of making an empty complaint post like this, mentioning inaccurate information, and mentioning shit that quite literally happened last decade that hasn't been relevant since then. 

As my contribution to this "suggestion" thread, I personally would like to see evocity*

*Yes I know it's not going to happen, but I had to at least leave something 🙂 

I see where you're coming from pluto but there's no denying that pixel peeks make shit "basically unraidable". On top of that the 20% alt thing is when theres more than 90+ players on, one player alone that i know currently has more than 10 alts on at a time AND theres multiple players using alts so it adds up lol . alt count is close to 20% on a weeknight.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Reverend said:

First of all let me start off by saying i've been playing Garnet DarkRP since like 2018 (which isn't that long compared to some) but longer than most of the current managers, and long enough to see how stale the server is becoming. 20% of the server is alts (which makes the server run like ass) and the economy has been fucked up ever since Rohan was manager and spawned a bunch of meth and other shit in. DarkRP barely receives any attention from garnet and milrp and swrp updates outnumber DarkRP 4 times over. This makes no sense, DarkRP was the server that made garnet gaming GARNET GAMING but now it is forgotten about. Theres no events in DRP anymore, theres no grind because alts are in the server and its just stale. I love this server and community but god damn, it makes no sense.

Ok so I understand but if it was soooooo stale why did you buy vip mod? And yes it can get boring but Alting tbh isn’t a problem for me I get cash by spending 4$ irl dollars and then make a bunch of drp cash and having fun drp has rlly been the same since last year (. Grind money get some perma guns and joke around and have fun) at its core drp is really fun, that’s. Why even with the supposed staleness of the game u can still have fun if you Known how.

1 hour ago, Reverend said:

I see where you're coming from pluto but there's no denying that pixel peeks make shit "basically unraidable". On top of that the 20% alt thing is when theres more than 90+ players on, one player alone that i know currently has more than 10 alts on at a time AND theres multiple players using alts so it adds up lol . alt count is close to 20% on a weeknight.

There are a lot of truths in the things you've put in this thread, but there are also other things to be considered. I've been in and out of the server for a very long time, and I've seen wave after wave of new players. The truth of the matter is that yes, old players get bored of the mechanics in the server and quit. Most veteran players don't play the server for the actual server mechanics, but to interact with the garnet community. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I've logged on, checked leaderboard, saw nobody I liked, and got off. The memories I've made in the server don't really consist of farming in my base, but doing stupid shit with other people on the server. 

Alting does not inherently negatively effect the economy. The players who are getting the printers and farming them are really in control of the economy. If those players are buying crates, interacting with gun dealers, hiring hitmen, or any other roleplay scenario that can spread the wealth; then there is no issue. Even if those players are selling the money they gain for credits, the economy is working as intended. The only time that alting becomes an issue is when the pop is 110+ players. It's always been a hidden rule that the SA of the server would kick off any alts that were taking up a space that a real player could.

I've spent years watching the economy of the server, because I've always been extremely invested in it when I play. It always bounces back unless there is power being abused(Rohan). I've been through at minimum 2 econ wipes, maybe even 3. I can guarantee you that the alting does not correlate to any econ wipes.

Now time to talk about additions to the server. 

I'd enjoy seeing additional crates in !unbox. (Add spiderman swep or some shit to a crate, add emote sweps, add drug crate) 

A different gambling addon. I'm not sure if this ruins any "vanilla" aspect, but I'm sure community would like it.

Change prices of trails and materials for prestige players. 

Skill trees? Now this is definitely a stretch on the vanilla idea. However, adding skill trees is something I have always dreamed of for this server. Im not sure what the categories would be and their benefits, but I really like the idea.

Implemented clan/gang/crew/etc addon. I'd like to see more than just /party to play with friends. I'd like to check stats of a clan and see how many people they have, their clan level, etc. This would be great for immersion and increasing the quality of community in the server. 

TLDR : Most vets play for community not game mechanics. Alting doesn't ruin econ, I saw with my own eyes! Green is additions to server

• Like 3
  • Informative 1
5 minutes ago, Metro_ said:

There are a lot of truths in the things you've put in this thread, but there are also other things to be considered. I've been in and out of the server for a very long time, and I've seen wave after wave of new players. The truth of the matter is that yes, old players get bored of the mechanics in the server and quit. Most veteran players don't play the server for the actual server mechanics, but to interact with the garnet community. I couldn't tell you the amount of times I've logged on, checked leaderboard, saw nobody I liked, and got off. The memories I've made in the server don't really consist of farming in my base, but doing stupid shit with other people on the server. 

Alting does not inherently negatively effect the economy. The players who are getting the printers and farming them are really in control of the economy. If those players are buying crates, interacting with gun dealers, hiring hitmen, or any other roleplay scenario that can spread the wealth; then there is no issue. Even if those players are selling the money they gain for credits, the economy is working as intended. The only time that alting becomes an issue is when the pop is 110+ players. It's always been a hidden rule that the SA of the server would kick off any alts that were taking up a space that a real player could.

I've spent years watching the economy of the server, because I've always been extremely invested in it when I play. It always bounces back unless there is power being abused(Rohan). I've been through at minimum 2 econ wipes, maybe even 3. I can guarantee you that the alting does not correlate to any econ wipes.

Now time to talk about additions to the server. 

I'd enjoy seeing additional crates in !unbox. (Add spiderman swep or some shit to a crate, add emote sweps, add drug crate) 

A different gambling addon. I'm not sure if this ruins any "vanilla" aspect, but I'm sure community would like it.

Change prices of trails and materials for prestige players. 

Skill trees? Now this is definitely a stretch on the vanilla idea. However, adding skill trees is something I have always dreamed of for this server. Im not sure what the categories would be and their benefits, but I really like the idea.

Implemented clan/gang/crew/etc addon. I'd like to see more than just /party to play with friends. I'd like to check stats of a clan and see how many people they have, their clan level, etc. This would be great for immersion and increasing the quality of community in the server. 

TLDR : Most vets play for community not game mechanics. Alting doesn't ruin econ, I saw with my own eyes! Green is additions to server

If anything even adding printers back to unbox and making them more expensive than last time would even make it more fun tbh like damn we just want more ways to make money and more rewards for grinding hard asf for hours.

• Agree 1