Kicks

In-game name: 501st SFC 9375 Kicks

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:72045794

Warns: 0

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: 908 hours

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): Bishop told me to “do something with my life” and “be useful” like yesterday so that counts.

Past experiences as a Game Master: Superior Servers CWRP (a few months), Garnet (First SWRP server until it closed as well as DRP), Icefuse CWRP (Briefly), ZephyrRP.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?: I believe my experience in GMing across my 4200 hours of GMOD has taught me how to effectively GM, and allowed me to be adaptable and work around constraints or random situations (such as a mistake from a trooper when they kill an EC or something). I believe I have proven myself to be dedicated to the server, and able to take it seriously. I am capable of leading, which helps in events if I ever get an opportunity to lead an off world event or an on world event. I also have real life experience with theatre, having worked as a director (of sorts), actor, stage hand, and technician so i can fully appreciate the effort and responsibility such people have in those situations, and have experience in leading a live performance. If by chance an event I directed fell flat or was unengaging, I have the ability to accurately pinpoint what went wrong as well as make changes and adapt to those changes. I'm capable of learning from my mistakes and moving on instead of being caught up in the mistakes and having it negatively impact my performance and GMing as a whole, which I believe to be a very good trait to have for this position.

I also have very strong organizational skills, making everything easy to understand for my ECs and fellow GMs, this allows for a smooth and easier understanding of my plans and the general layout. In general I wish to focus on the enjoyment of the players, and ensuring that most if not all players are engaged. I am quite detail oriented, and wish to focus on fun situations for the players as well as Medical RP, Engineering RP, CG RP, Court Martials, Simulations, Training, etc. If I am accepted, I am going to work on the lack of engagement in the limbo between big events, allowing for a steady and stable population of players that are constantly engaged and entertained. I see myself as highly creative, able to construct either elaborate and fleshed out plans for the server, or having fun small situations that are engaging to the general player base. I also believe that communication with the GMs (and more so the players) is crucial to the understanding and entertainment of an event, as if a player has no clue what the objectives are, then they will not have as much fun. I intend to keep everyone informed, and engaged as well as attentive. I wish to dedicate a lot of my free time to bettering the server and the server's events so that more people can have fun, and am aiming to work on the low engagement in the late morning to early afternoon by giving some small events for the dedicated individuals who are up at that time.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?: Gonna keep it 100, I cannot remember, but probably not.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I usually have around 4 or 5 hours to play on weekdays and around 7 to 8 on weekends. (just recently I’ve had way more time to contribute since school has been online).

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To create entertainment for the server. Giving fun and enjoyable experience to the players by creating situations that engage them and allow them to use skills they learn while on the server to solve problems and meet new people. This is done by constructing events that have stories and get players involved and contributing to a purpose that the whole server is working towards. GMs must create situations for players to work together on towards a common goal, and inspire teamwork.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:  I am very engaged in RP scenarios, so I can communicate with Navy, troops, or other event characters and make an enjoyable atmosphere for the players around me. I'm also not afraid to use comms, and I also have theatre experience from high school and elementary, so I'm proficient in playing a certain role and or character.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: I think the server could greatly benefit from small occasional situations in the down time that keeps troopers occupied. Currently the server relies heavily on NCOs+ to keep interest in the server going in between the large events, but I believe GMs could play a significant role if they just provide small situations that troopers can do. For example, they could make a situation like the generator room breaking down, or having the ventilation system malfunction, or have a villager run into the base disguised as a trooper. In other words, I'll provide RP for the troopers in the down time, that is small in scale.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: Since I like organization I'll just provide 5 separate Google Docs links that will detail the events.

Event 1 | [War Games]

Event 2 | [The Cheese Touch]

Event 3 | [The Prisoner Shuffle]

Event 4 | [Two Monkeys and a Wrench]

Event 5 | [Da Bugz]

• Agree 2

6e07807d1fe20b0704b6f2256433e320-removeb

Accepted!

You've been very active recently and big help in 501st. On top of that you brought along a strong app with some good event ideas. Contact Bishop in-game to have your rank set and contact Special or Bishop to set up a training. Welcome to the GM team.

@Ziggyplease lock and move

• Friendly 1
  • Agree 1