months ago
● Developer for a few servers
● Admin on Angrys SantosRP
● Developer on Mumbos Roleplay
● Supervisor on MistRP
● Community Manager on Sheild Servers
● Mod on Icefuse
● Founder of Gecko Gaming

(nothing listed is active all is previous experience)
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I would like to start by going over the positives of having me apart of the staff team. Im active from 4PM to 10 am everyday i try to be on a few hours before peak and then im on during downtime/ghost hours witch a big part of time mingers join and rdm no staff can help because there asleep or at work. Another thing when people have questions about the server that most normal players wouldn't even think to give such as the team speak forums and discord along with giving some insight on how unique the experience is playing garnet gaming. I'm very good at following the chain of command while keeping the leadership skillset knowing when to follow and when to lead is very crucial to smooth games and helps me learn new things so i can better my staffing/playing abilities. A big part of those abilities is keeping a responsible mindset knowing how and when to use any ability that's been given as CG does most of the situations that occur. Another big part of those abilities is not abusing them for personal gain as i will and would not do that in downtime or peak time. I have a great love for this server and its people already so being apart of the community in any way possible especially that's beneficial or just more involved  would be the biggest guard keeping me in the straight and narrow along with trying to lead by example.

I'm very experienced in garrys mod in all range of game modes ive ran dev and staffed many over the years and i have learned many things such as the ability to learn and adapt to each situation so the best possible outcome is concluded. My mission isn't in search of power but in search of a way to keep this server up and gathering as many players along the way on top of building a strong background to gain the trust and respect of other staff and players that i play with on the daily. A big plus about me is ive learned over the years how to keep correct tone and maturity when setting an example and when your staff or Sgt + you need those traits as to prevent others from following or thinking its allowed to freak out when mad. I know a bi part of the swrp community and a big part knows me ive spent days building many many friendships with people while also gaining the respect of role player and soon officer so a big part of me is invested into this already i can promise my utmost loyalty im a quick learner especially whenever im dedicated like i am now ive been on the grind to be a part of all this and no matter the decisions made i will still be apart of it and will be here to watch it grow.  

Ill attend every meeting, and every event that is important, any significant days i will be there. Most players who apply for staff do it for the showboating but i can say i will be very humble to be apart of the staff team on the server i would of went game master but theres plenty of them as ive heard so i feel im needed i the staff simply because i can be awake when others cannot. I don't get into fights and i do not get personal with people i can be a joking guy but can be serious when needed and i have very good judgement when it comes to characteristics of people and there intentions as i keep an open unbiased mindset.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details (if in the community no outside the community yes years ago when i first got gmod)
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:No
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:From 4pm to 10Am (These are my normal server hours)
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?No
Did you read the staff rules?:Yes

Edited by GySgtStorm
1 hour ago, TKTV said:

Honestly, you have a good app, but I am going to -1. I have zero clue who you are and have not interacted with you. I think maybe you should try and meet more people before applying. In 2 weeks I feel you would be a good fit for staff. Right now no. 

Im on everyday whats your navy name ill be sure to introduce myself next time i see you im surprised you havent seen me im on almost 24 hours a day ( just found that your yami im not sure how you don't recognize me but i see you almost everyday but thank you for your kind words about my application and if it still seems to need a -1 i understand

Edited by GySgtStorm
16 minutes ago, tdizz said:

-1 My only problem is that you are the “founder of Gecko Gaming” I’m pretty sure it’s a thing with all the servers that duel staffing isn’t allowed.

It’s old like years old put it there saying I was once an owner of a community I’m not staff on any other server as I play no other server only garnet swrp and anyone can vouce that 

Edited by GySgtStorm

You do seem to have appropriate experience, and you would be helpful during ghost hours; however, there are a couple thing I would like to mention.

Firstly is an incident with him just the other day during ghost hours. I was dealing with 2 MassRDMers and as it would've been my first bans as a MOD, I wanted undeniable proof before i started punishing these two. I instructed all normal players to NOT retaliate (which is of course already a server rule, #5 to be exact.)

[Vigilantism: If you are not a staff member and witness a player breaking the rules, do not intervene. Breaking the rules to stop a rule breaker (such as shooting somebody committing Mass RDM) is still breaking the rules and not allowed.]

to which he ignored and continued to retaliate against these two regardless of instruction.

Secondly you did NOT read the Staff rules, as it clearly states:

When applying for staff, in the field: "Did you read the staff rules:" the response should be your in-game-name, IE: "Did you read the staff rules: [GG] Garnet"

Due to these infractions I cannot apply a positive endorsement to this application.

Edited by BatHulkSmash
2 hours ago, BatHulkSmash said:

You do seem to have appropriate experience, and you would be helpful during ghost hours; however, there are a couple thing I would like to mention.

Firstly is an incident with him just the other day during ghost hours. I was dealing with 2 MassRDMers and as it would've been my first bans as a MOD, I wanted undeniable proof before i started punishing these two. I instructed all normal players to NOT retaliate (which is of course already a server rule, #5 to be exact.)

to which he ignored and continued to retaliate against these two regardless of instruction.

Secondly you did NOT read the Staff rules, as it clearly states:

Due to these infractions I cannot endorse applying a positive acceptance note to this application.

I did shoot back at first then I stopped when u said to and after they decided  to kill everyone that was afk and me over and over along with other people witch lead to spawn killing me that’s when I really did start fighting back then you jailed them and that went on for 5-8 minutes witch why you didn’t jail or ban them 30 minutes prior when they started I don’t know as you had plenty of evidence  but if anyone would like to know my side of the whole story feel free to pm or talk to me on teamspeak (also he was right I hadn’t read the staff rules at the time but I hadn’t applied then not knowing the staff rules till I saw them in the requirements)

Edited by GySgtStorm
On 1/30/2022 at 7:15 AM, GySgtStorm said:

In-game name: CBM 2AC SGT 1483 Storm
SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:184745315
Warns:0
Timezone:EST
Playtime?:110 hours ( I would of applied sooner if i knew the time would be upped to 120 hours as I knew it was 50 bu I wanted at least 90 hours before I applied and if this is an absolute and you like my app then please let me know to just up my time)
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]Yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?]N/A
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] 

Administrator and Support Team At Assorted Gaming
● Owner of 3 Previous Servers
● Administrator on Serenity arma 3 life Role play
● Senior Admin on a server i forgot the name of because it was over 6
months ago
● Developer for a few servers
● Admin on Angrys SantosRP
● Developer on Mumbos Roleplay
● Supervisor on MistRP
● Community Manager on Sheild Servers
● Mod on Icefuse
● Founder of Gecko Gaming

(nothing listed is active all is previous experience)
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I would like to start by going over the positives of having me apart of the staff team. Im active from 4PM to 10 am everyday i try to be on a few hours before peak and then im on during downtime/ghost hours witch a big part of time mingers join and rdm no staff can help because there asleep or at work. Another thing when people have questions about the server that most normal players wouldn't even think to give such as the team speak forums and discord along with giving some insight on how unique the experience is playing garnet gaming. I'm very good at following the chain of command while keeping the leadership skillset knowing when to follow and when to lead is very crucial to smooth games and helps me learn new things so i can better my staffing/playing abilities. A big part of those abilities is keeping a responsible mindset knowing how and when to use any ability that's been given as CG does most of the situations that occur. Another big part of those abilities is not abusing them for personal gain as i will and would not do that in downtime or peak time. I have a great love for this server and its people already so being apart of the community in any way possible especially that's beneficial or just more involved  would be the biggest guard keeping me in the straight and narrow along with trying to lead by example.

I'm very experienced in garrys mod in all range of game modes ive ran dev and staffed many over the years and i have learned many things such as the ability to learn and adapt to each situation so the best possible outcome is concluded. My mission isn't in search of power but in search of a way to keep this server up and gathering as many players along the way on top of building a strong background to gain the trust and respect of other staff and players that i play with on the daily. A big plus about me is ive learned over the years how to keep correct tone and maturity when setting an example and when your staff or Sgt + you need those traits as to prevent others from following or thinking its allowed to freak out when mad. I know a bi part of the swrp community and a big part knows me ive spent days building many many friendships with people while also gaining the respect of role player and soon officer so a big part of me is invested into this already i can promise my utmost loyalty im a quick learner especially whenever im dedicated like i am now ive been on the grind to be a part of all this and no matter the decisions made i will still be apart of it and will be here to watch it grow.  

Ill attend every meeting, and every event that is important, any significant days i will be there. Most players who apply for staff do it for the showboating but i can say i will be very humble to be apart of the staff team on the server i would of went game master but theres plenty of them as ive heard so i feel im needed i the staff simply because i can be awake when others cannot. I don't get into fights and i do not get personal with people i can be a joking guy but can be serious when needed and i have very good judgement when it comes to characteristics of people and there intentions as i keep an open unbiased mindset.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details (if in the community no outside the community yes years ago when i first got gmod)
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:No
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:From 4pm to 10Am (These are my normal server hours)
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?No

2 hours ago, GySgtStorm said:

I did shoot back at first stopped when u said to and after they decided  to kill everyone that was afk and me over and over along with other people witch lead to spawn killing me that’s when I really did start fighting back then you jailed them and that went on for 5-8 minutes witch why you didn’t jail or ban them 30

minutes prior when they started I don’t know as you had plenty of evidence  but if anyone would like to know my side of the whole story feel free to pm or talk to me on teamspeak (also he was right I hadn’t read the staff rules at the time but I hadn’t applied then not knowing the staff rules till I saw them in the requirements)

I need you to reword/re-grammar that because it actually hurts to read

Also as i had said, this was my first serious interaction as a fairly newly appointed Mod. I was going down the checklist and ensuring that i did my job right, even if that means it takes a little longer than your patience could hold out for. the last thing i want is 2 knuckle heads getting out of a ban on a technicality.

It also doesn't give you the right to blow them up with an explosive AFTER i already jailed them.

Edited by BatHulkSmash
27 minutes ago, BatHulkSmash said:

I need you to reword/re-grammar that because it actually hurts to read

Also as i had said, this was my first serious interaction as a fairly newly appointed Mod. I was going down the checklist and ensuring that i did my job right, even if that means it takes a little longer than your patience could hold out for. the last thing i want is 2 knuckle heads getting out of a ban on a technicality.

It also doesn't give you the right to blow them up with an explosive AFTER i already jailed them.

I blew them up because of the things they were saying you right I shouldn’t of done that but instead of muting them you muted me for trying to explain what had happened but you wouldn’t have and and I apologized the next day and you started an argument then walked away mid conversation when all I did was say I apologize for getting loud but I still feel I was in the right to defend myself in that specific instance and you just lost it talking about going to my commanders and getting me in trouble when they didn’t even care 

I've seen you on but I haven't really interacted with you, so that doesn't influence this decision. The previous experience is good but seeing as you did not read the staff rules before applying my current decision is going to be -1.

Still haven't changed it...

You are extremely active in the community, you are dedicated, I can trust you to stick around. But for not listening to staff (bathulk) when they told you to do something, and not reading staff rules it will have to be a -1. However, I am willing to change it to a +1 if you re read staff rules, and if i see some good behaviour (which you have always had imo). 

6 hours ago, Kicks said:

Still haven't changed it...

You are extremely active in the community, you are dedicated, I can trust you to stick around. But for not listening to staff (bathulk) when they told you to do something, and not reading staff rules it will have to be a -1. However, I am willing to change it to a +1 if you re read staff rules, and if i see some good behaviour (which you have always had imo). 

I’ve read the rules now I only ment I didn’t read them before I applied because I had no idea they existed until the other day when I applied (staff rules)  I have  read the staff and server rules since then I did so when I applied and saw them as a requirement. Now that stuff being said I didn’t handle that situation the correct way but I also feel it wasn’t handled the correct way by others but the point being I am always ready to improve at every aspect and if that means waiting 2 weeks to show said improvement then I’ll gladly reapply at the appropriate time as i don’t want to rush anything if I am seen unfit and I’m not sure how I haven’t been seen by you turtle but I will make sure to be more involved with the community by meeting and talking to the people I have not met but what is your in game name I’m sure we have had a few occasional interactions.

Edited by GySgtStorm

spacer.png

DENIED

You have a great application with some grammar mistakes so I recommend revising that for your next application. You clearly didn't read the staff rules. Many players have replied mentioning it and you had time to change it. Please reapply in 2 weeks.
@Ziggylock & move

Here are the SWRP Staff Rules: