dizz - game master application (editied, techically a new one please check)

dizz

In-game name: dizz
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): 112329373511
Warns: 0
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 54 hours
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:yes
Referral(s): I have no referrals
Past experiences as a Game Master: nah
Why should we choose you over other applicants? I am very active during the times 5-9 on weekdays and most of the day on weekends and breaks. I believe that people of all ranks should get to have the same amount of fun on the server. It doesn't matter if there a Navy or a CT I believe they should all have a role in the event. I will elaborate what the theme and the way the event will work over the time period of the day and make sure to plan an event that will work for everyone. I stride to be a good person to everybody that wants to participate and can prove that on the field. I feel that people don't like me because I may be a little annoying at times and I am younger than them, but I will never be rude to someone if they are like that because I just want people to be who they want to be when there on the internet and have fun anytime on the server. I believe that having fun is a selective matter and you can have fun in any situation if you just put your mind to it. I would want my events to have the aspect of excitement which keep people on their toes on what would happen next. In conclusion I think you should pick me for my fun attitude that can bring excitement into any situation.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? no
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 4-5 hours on weekdays and 8-10 or maybe more on weekends

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibilities of a gamemaster is to help people do training and give them the experience they deserve and making the most out of events they are hosting. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute in large battles and many comms type negotiations, hostage, and all out war situations.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: I think we should host an event like the battle of genosis where there would be a hostage situation and a small battlefield to just have fun killing droids and living beings from that planet.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale

The navy receive a transmission from the farm where a local tribe has been getting into some cultish acts. the transmission from The Grand Clanshlops and it says "you thou' not pass the waterfall" and we start hearing explosions from there and send 91st to check it out navy will comms in and 91st will say everything is fine but when they say that they hear more explosions from the cave and get flanked by a ton of zombie clones in the water. They request backup and more clones come and they go down to see what is happening they find out that The Grand Clanshlops is making a serum to protect his village that turns clones into zombies. The serum is fueled from the roots in the cave and they have to get samples and come up with a cure because it is highly contagious. 

Republic Ship Lands At Main Hanger With Top Secret Information On An Attack Of A CIS On a random planet. All battalions rush to MHB and prepare for immediate deployment to "planet name" Dismissed. Once the troops have arrived in "planet name" we will line up as normal and be deployed to patrol the planet and prepare for the attack.  The droids will then prepare their attack with a tank in between them. On high ground up above will be a C.I.S commander droid sniping down the clones. C.I.S Air support will commence with explosives dropping from above. The republic will attempt to hold off the droids until they are advised to fall back for reinforcements.

Ending 1 (before reinforcements arrive, if needed): The troopers hold off the droids and the C.I.S is forced to retreat.

Ending 2(after reinforcements arrive): The droids get the upper hand and push the clones back and reinforcements arrive and emergency Evacuation commences.

It is a normal day on the Venator. Whilst the navy are working on the terminals, they receive a distress signal from another republic ship. Mass amounts of droids were pushing the clones and were close to winning the push. The players will have an emergency briefing and load up the LAATs, preparing to go help their brothers in need. They board the ship and meetup with the remaining troopers. However when they meet up, the lights go out. The droids have taken the bridge and are now around the entire ship, patrolling. The goal of the players are to clear out all the droids throughout the ship and take over the bridge. Droids will be scattered in groups throughout the darkness and will move through the halls. Depending on how the events go, the troopers will either take over the bridge and defeat the droids, or have to evacuate. Or something else depending on what the officers do.

A event where we have to kidnap someone from a royal family because they have been found in underground crimes. There will be 2 ships the venator and a big ci ship. They are transporting the queen for reasons untold, but we intercept them and take the queen. 501st,212th,327th would be used as a discretion to keep the main forces busy.CG,104th would be tasked with negotiating and protecting the “hostage” until they give up there work and give us the illegal cargo. Engineers would be tasked with removing air ships flying around in and taking out the threat.  Our goal is not to take over the ship but to take the cargo and leave with the princess given back. We would use laats and there would be and all out siege with droids they use making there way on the venator but we counter attack once defeated

Ending 1- we leave peacefully with the negotiations good and sound

Ending 2- we maraud there ship and threaten to give the crates and they give in.

On a mission to capture a key trade route for the Republic we lose contact with the admiral in command, when sent to investigate led by a commander, we find their ship completely almost completely destroyed. The battalions are split up into different search groups and scour the ship to search for survivors.  When the search groups reach the bridge they find the admiral badly wounded. The admiral reveals that the CIS attacked with some kind of new super weapon. While questioning the admiral a report comes in over comms that they had lost contact with a squad of troopers that were in the hangar bay section of the ship. When sent to investigate the troops are ambushed by CIS forces sent to finish off the survivors on the ship. An all out battle proceeds to take place where the clone army is pushed back but using LAAT's are able to fight back to wipe out the CIS attackers and are able to escape with the injured admiral and back to the Venator.

Edited by dizz
new gm app
  • Disagree 3

I will agree, Dizz has been active on the server. He seems dedicated to his battalion and the server. However, I think your application needs some work. I would suggest you go over your event ideas and add a little more detail. They seem pretty basic and unoriginal. Take some events that you have seen other GMs do and put your own twist on it.  So for now, it will be a -1 from me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

-1 (still)

Look, you improved the events, but I still think this app is lacking. The events could be more descriptive, you NEED 2 paragraphs, and 54 hours of playtime really isnt much.

Look, I am not equally comparing you to harry, tuna, fonza, or roberto. You have significantly less experience, less playtime, and I dont know you as much. You have a lot more to prove to me through this application compared to the others. Put simply, I will always prefer the experienced long-time member with the bare minimum over an inexperienced new guy with an okay at best application.

Edited by aidanpoppas123
  • Informative 1

Hey dizz

I think that you got what it takes to be a GM, however your event ideas are very lacking in detail. I’m positive that you could gain more support by making each event as detailed as possible. But for now I’m going to leave this with a -1 until events have more detail.

I am going to have to go with a -1 here your event ideas are lack luster and I noticed a lot of complaints recently from this individual for "accidently" Killing those around him. He has been told 2 time about not having jetpack on a heavy but if I see improvement I may change my opinion. Sorry bud.

On 2/10/2022 at 12:32 AM, aidanpoppas123 said:

-1 (still)

Look, you improved the events, but I still think this app is lacking. The events could be more descriptive, you NEED 2 paragraphs, and 54 hours of playtime really isnt much.

Your a lil head over heels there look at some of the other gm apps I have the same amount of paragraphs. Just because you write 2 paragraphs for each event doesn't mean its necessary for everyone ex: Tunas event word count 609, H. Harry's word count 765 words, Salems word count 753, Fonza's word count 556, Roberto's word count 726, MY Word count 810. I have more words than all 5 of those accepted gm apps just because you write a lot doesn't make it minimum

Edited by dizz
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 1
11 hours ago, dizz said:

Your a lil head over heels there look at some of the other gm apps I have the same amount of paragraphs. Just because you write 2 paragraphs for each event doesn't mean its necessary for everyone ex: Tunas event word count 609, H. Harry's word count 765 words, Salems word count 753, Fonza's word count 556, Roberto's word count 726, MY Word count 810. I have more words than all 5 of those accepted gm apps just because you write a lot doesn't make it minimum

Not +1/-1 bc I am applying myself but it depends on the amount of sentences not word count, also this is toxic not a great look.

Neutral

I will change this soon once I see more from you

You have done Great Service in the 501st but I haven't seen much of it

I will be playing more Clone life today if your on then I would love to see how you take initiative 

And overall 50+ hours I'm fine with because its enough time to get a understanding of the server 

1 hour ago, HonestDog said:

Not +1/-1 bc I am applying myself but it depends on the amount of sentences not word count, also this is toxic not a great look.

I'm not trying to be toxic or anything I am just trying to say that he is not playing it fair if I NEED to write two paragraphs

-1 . One I haven't had much interaction but the ones i have had you are a little immature. Not saying there isn't a time and place but those are the only interactions I've had with you. Along with you did something to make RC kidnap you which still can't figure that one out but they had orders so. 

46 minutes ago, TKTV said:

-1 . One I haven't had much interaction but the ones i have had you are a little immature. Not saying there isn't a time and place but those are the only interactions I've had with you. Along with you did something to make RC kidnap you which still can't figure that one out but they had orders so. 

Lmao no one knows why I was kidnapped even me

• Haha 1

spacer.png

Denied

This application is definitely an improvement from the last one, along with that your attitude on the server has been getting better. However I feel that you just need a little more time to show everyone how mature you can be. With that feel free to apply in 2 weeks.

@Ziggy @Proggy Lock and move please