DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Changing the Venator

Laroslav

Suggestion : Change the map of the current Venator by this one (offering many  things)

The current Venator that we have on the server is currently used for event transitions where there is little to do because it is quite small in my opinion and  we quickly go around it. The only enjoyable moments on it is when we get attacked by the CIS .

Map https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1921124360&searchtext=Venator

This map could be used for more than just transititions, it gives you the possibility to live on it, it is much more spacious, ans has several important rooms: 
- shooting range and spawn
- main hangar
- Medical bay with working Bacta tanks
- Armory with security doors and secure vault
- Renovated engine room lobby
- Doubled ERL ramp
- Ramp for access to bunks in the main lobby
- Modified Citadel
- New engine room
- Brig with jail cells and interrogation room
- Naval bridge elevators expanded
- Expansion of ATC with a view on the hangar bays
- All new naval bridges
- New hyperspace system with 18 planets, Republic fleet and asteroid fields!
- Server room on the left deck
- Meeting room
- Refreshed bunks
- Debriefing Room
- Life support engine
- Engine fuel pump
- Ship's gravity generator
- OOC Lounge
- Administration rooms
- Numerous spare parts

And what is perfect for the jedis, is that there is a real external temple on the map offering:
- A Courtyard
- Dojo
- Training Room
- Bunks
- Classrooms
- Hangar Bay
- Knight Ceremony Room
- Briefing Room
- Jedi Archives
- Holocron Vault
- Giant Sim Room

The advantages of this map are that it will give the players more RP possibilities to find something to do while waiting for their event or even simply to be able to continue their RP on the venator just like on Annaxes. And this map has much less MB than the venator we use (103.463 MB > 297.118 MB)

Disadvantage: The CIS Ship is not on the map, however the GM's have props etc. that can be used during events to simulate a CIS  attack so there is nothing that changes except that you won't be able to board the CIS Ship

• Like 2
  • Creative 1
  • Agree 1
On 3/5/2022 at 4:04 PM, Laroslav said:

And this map has much less MB than the venator we use (103.463 MB > 297.118 MB)

1 hour ago, Riseli said:

Honestly judging by its size I wonder how big it would be to install into the server but besides that I like how it looks and how it would make the venator more enjoyable +1

Current Venator is kinda shit, this new one has lots of potential. +1

• 3 weeks later...

Accepted
Added to the trello. I don't know if it'll be a full replacement for the current venator, however, the usage of this map will be determined by gamemasters if they wish to switch to this map instead of the traditional venator we use.
@Ziggylock & move