Gators GM app

Gator

In-game name: LENG CBM GCOL CW3 0485 Gator

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:439159668

Warns: none

Timezone: MST

Playtime?: | LENG CBM GCOL CW3 0485 Gator has played for 246:42:20.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES

Referral(s): Fonza, Tuna, Eli

Past experiences as a Game Master: none

Why should we choose you over other applicants? 

As far as my ability compared to others goes, I have the ability to adapt to situations quickly, I am able to learn new things quickly, and I am able to contribute to the community on a consistent basis, lastly I have dealt with rp that requires improvisation. Due to me being able to adapt and learn things quickly I would be able to pick up gming quite fast as well as learn from feedback given to improve my events.  I am also able to contribute to the community through supporting gms with their events, aiding batts with maintaining pop through keeping them entertained, and due to my time zone I will be able to contribute later in the day as well as during high pop times. Lastly due to my position as a leading engineer I have had to show my ability to adapt to rp situations in which there is nothing that can be done by the book.

I should also be chosen over other applicants because I know what it means to be a part of a team and how to contribute successfully to one. I also can bring new ideas to the server due to past experiences on other servers. I am also currently within positions which could benefit from me being a part of the GM team, these being ghost company lead and engineering. With my experiences in ghost company I see how the armored companies on the server do and how frustrating it is to not be able to use a big part of your company may it be a tx-130 for Torrent or ift-x for K company, this experience allows me to see how to keep them entertained and how to allow them enjoy the server more. As for engineering I would be able to host more engineer rp for those looking to progress within the eng ranks, may it be through vehicle inspections, gen inspections, or data recovery just so that engs have more to do during down time or when an event is happening.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: warned on MRP for RDM

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Week days: 3-6 hours and Weekends: 4+ hours

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibilities of a gamemaster are to aid in player enjoyment by providing more things to do through events, allowing for a more engaging and unique experience on the server.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I can contribute to RP as a member of the gm team in various ways including providing feedback to fellow gms, providing more choice driven rp, and by sharing event ideas with other members of the gm team to allow for more intricate events to be completed.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: Contributing RP that is more affected by the decisions of the players rather than the traditional set scenario for events.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Event 1 (small on world): Lost Convoy

A rear admiral has landed at Aurek and is inbound to Anaxes base when the convoy he is in is attacked and decimated. Naval then decides to send either ARC /RC/a recon batt to investigate the convoy not responding, but when arriving all they find is a disabled AT-TE, scrap metal, and bodies, the rear admiral not among them. After this discovery all forces are deployed to find the force that attacked the convoy, the rear admiral, and what remains of the clones that were in the convoy.

Event 2 (on world portion): The Gun Runners

An alarm within the NCC sounds as an unidentified ship flies past anaxes base,  a quick scan brings up a CG report on a ship linked to weapon smuggling, with this information Naval uses the automated AA defense cannons to disable the ship and then send a patrol to investigate the downed ship. When rounding the corner to zeta the patrol is engaged by a group of smugglers attempting to stop the clones from moving closer to the crash site, upon breaking the smugglers line and finding the crash site one last smuggler crawls his way out of the crash and collapses, will the clones interrogate the smuggler or search the remnants of the ships systems for information. After successfully searching the ships systems or getting information from the  smuggler the clones will learn of the location of a smuggling operation supporting CIS backed rebels, the clones will then head out on their mission.    

(Off world portion gm_vyten) :

After arriving on Vyten Republic forces will set up a FOB but while doing so all comms will come to life with a message, "Leave or die" following this all republic comms devices will fail. Following this a recon unit with engineers will be deployed to a nearby comms tower to re-establish communications. After this objective is completed the republic forces may move freely to find the CIS backed rebels and the smugglers who are supplying them. After locating the smuggler stronghold the assigned battalions may engage if given permission by navy or they may send in negotiators to strike a deal with them. While this is going down the forces assigned to find the rebels will continue their search and engage when naval gives the go ahead. After both of the groups are dealt with the republic will then move to secure any smuggled weapons unless the smugglers have been negotiated with.

Event 3 (off world, rp_monsilva_crimson😞 The Spy

An alarm within the NCC sounds as a distress signal comes in from a republic agent assigned to find information of CIS generals. The distress signal is traced back to monsilva, along with the distress signal is a message and coordinates, the message states that the agent managed to disable a watch tower and the droids within leaving a landing zone for the clones, using this landing zone the clones must push forward and find the agent to obtain the information he has gathered(possible time limit, if not done in time the agent dies and the information is lost). After rescuing the agent the republic forces must retreat to the landing zone and hold their position until evac arrives to recover them. If the agent is successfully recovered he will have information on a CIS generals location and defenses(second part if first portion is liked).

Event 4 (small on world): The Hold Outs

After a major CIS attack is repelled alarms in both zeta and aurek sound off within the NCC, recon units are dispatched to investigate and find a ray shield blocking the way to zeta and aurek. After the recon forces are rerouted to find terminals liked to the ray shield ENGs are dispatched to take control of the terminals. After taking the ray shield down the recon forces continue on their mission and come across a group of commando droids holding FOB zetas commander hostage and a small CIS task force within aurek. 104th/CG are dispatched to deal with the hostage situation within zeta and a small force consisting of attack battalions are stationed outside of aurek to await the order to attack. The CIS commando droids make their demands clear before attempting to rally with the forces at aurek, taking the hostage with them. After the commandos rally within aurek they execute the hostage as CIS reinforcements arrive, the republic forces must then act swiftly to stop the CIS from completing their mission.

Event 5 (offworld, rp_alderaan): The traitors within

The NCC receives a message from alderaan requesting aid in holding off a CIS invasion force, after a quick battle on the venator the troops land on the ground and get situated within alderaans bunker before manning the city walls to hold off the invaders, after doing so the clones are told that they will be staying on alderaan for awhile to ensure that the CIS are gone for good, each battalion is them dismissed, but not all is as it seems. CIS backed rebels assassinate the  mayor of the walled city before returning to the shadows. After several battalions are dispatched to find and deal with the rebels CIS forces move on the city causing the remaining clone battalions to fight for the city once more.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Honestly your application is alright but I do feel that Event 1 (small on world): Lost Convoy could be expanded upon.  Another one I think needs some work would be 

Event 3 (off world, rp_monsilva_crimson The Spy The reason for this would be What if he does die? What do the troopers do then or is it up to naval at that point?

Other then those two things I think Gator is a good fit for GM. +1 from me

Edited by Riseli
  • Agree 1

One of the first people I met on this server, and the way it started was he lied to me about a basketball court... But since then he's been an awesome guy and I have seen nothing from good come from him. (When you get accepted I expect to see a basketball court)

+1

Edited by marks13001
  • Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Administration Team

Big +1

Gator a chill guy and this app shows he has the ability to come up with creative ideas for players to enjoy and I think he could make them come together in an event.

• Agree 1

+1

Haven’t had any issues with you in the few interactions we’ve had on the server! Some of the events could use a little more detailing, which I’m sure will come out more with experience planning events, but overall a good app! I think you’d fit in well with our GM team!