DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Verbalcheatcode's GameMaster Application

In-game name: P195 JENG TACL WO 1995 Verbal (It's a lot I'm sorry) Padawan I Maverik Zeorg
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:26132961
Warns: 0
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 63:00:00 at the time of posting this
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Twix, Mark [Mod]
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I'm very active within Garnet Star Wars RP. Granted my time may be low but I've been very active and actually moving around in game. I'm also currently a Trial Mod for Garnet TTT server meaning I already have experience making sure things are flowing smoothly and people are following rules. Along with enforcing those said rules. I'm the type of person who likes to make sure everyone is having fun and is engaged. I know sometimes I'll see clone battalions just standing around and I think to myself "what's something fun they could be doing while everyone is fighting?" I like that people are getting utilized with bomb defusal hostage negation etc. However I know at the same time things can get repetitive. So truthfully I think I could spice things up, and think outside the box and throw curveballs. Keep players on their toes. I've also got experience as staff in other servers such as GTA RP and TTT. The other TTT server I was staff in I went from Trial Mod all the way to Head Admin. While in the GTA RP server I went from Mod to Admin. With this I believe it shows fully that I'm more than capable of handling my self and making sure as I stated before gameplay is running smoothly. I'm also the type of person to keep a cool head quite easily and don't step out of line. I'm also very down to earth and I think that makes me pretty approachable for others. Also within my real life situations I've got two almost three years under my belt for ABA therapy. Basically working with human behavior and learning the root of it and not letting it get to you. I'm also a MASSIVE Star Wars fan. Granted I haven't read the comic books but the movies and TV shows I've loved since I was a kid. I even have somewhere an old VHS tape of Star Wars. With that big fanbase in my heart obviously I'll want to do other fans right by making sure they're getting the best experience they can get in game. I've also opted in to be an EC quite often to create different scenarios for people to be exposed to. I like being able to create situations as an EC where players have to stop and think of what to do next or understand how casual my interaction can be instead of expecting someone to be totally hostile to them upon start of interaction.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Around I'd say 20-30 hours a week?

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To keep events flowing. To get events set up and make sure they will run correctly so no one is standing around waiting for something to be fixed. Also to add things to areas such as props etc.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: As stated previously I would make sure people are having fun with events and keep them from getting bored. I like people having a good time and thrive when others are having fun as well because to me if people aren't having fun it bums me out. Granted being aware you can't please everyone but I'm also the type of person who takes feedback well when it comes to understanding what could've been done better or different. I also would like to get gamemasters together and just push everyone's ideas together and see what comes out. To me everyone has different levels of creativity and when you put a lot of creative ideas together it can lead to something great! I've been an EC quite often and I enjoy being in TS with the gamemasters and just simply pitching ideas to them and hearing them say "that would be cool" and just bounce things off each other.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: What I would personally like to see more often is Sith. I know the Jedi do a lot with fighting droids and helping clones but personally I think it would be nice to see the Jedi get their own type of fight. I could also be partially biased on this as I am a Padawan I. 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

⚫Troubles in the council: A Sith has infiltrated the Jedi and are losing vital information through this spy. This Sith is strong with the force and is good at hiding their presence. It's up to the Jedi and the Clones to find this spy, apprehend them and find out what they know. They also must contain the uplink of secret information being transmitted to the CIS. The Jedi temple is in grave danger on the planet Jania and if the CIS isn't stopped, all powerful information will be in the wrong hands. Knowing the CIS it'll go to the highest bidder and be used by horrible people. Force sensitive younglings, schematics, hidden Jedi temples and the kyber crystals all in jeopardy. 

⚫A contagious cough: The people of Naboo are in horrific danger. An evil scientist has constructed an airborne virus deadly enough to wipe out entire civilizations of planets and possibly destroy an entire system. The CIS have taken several scientists hostage that are masters in biochemistry and are being used to construct a virus. Lead by the evil forces of Viceroy Mirrikh their sole goal is to eradicate populations so the CIS can have sole control over the planets. Naboo has called upon the Republic to come aide in the stoppage of the virus. Once the virus goes airborne...all is lost.

⚫Star Wars Day: All is quiet within the galaxy. The Republic has fought hard for quite some time. The Jedi have agreed to let the clones rest and unwind for a little bit. Including with festivities such as music, food, air shows and just pure relaxation. However, during a time of war, is anything ever really that easy? A surprise invasion from the CIS has caught the clones off guard. The CIS has destroyed all AA guns before they could be manned and now control the skies and ground. The clones and Jedi must scramble to retake the base with little support they have. The Republic tries to reach out for aide and call on fellow nearby starships but to find their communications have been jammed. Now the Republic must fight blindly and get their communications restored to call for backup. 

⚫A price for a head: On coruscant there's constant notorious gangsters and bounty hunters. What's worse than a solo bounty hunter? Several bounty hunters roaming the streets of coruscant looking for one thing. The head of Clone trooper battalions. The Hutts have offered to pay the bounty hunters handsomely in exchange for the heads of several leaders of the clone troopers. The Hutts feel if this is to be successful, they will instill fear into the Republic and allow them to continue their crimes freely without prosecution or arrest. The clones must survive this ambush on Coruscant to keep the power of the Republic strong and the Senate thriving. 

⚫The Knight Sky: The Republic has stumbled upon a CIS blockade outside a planet that they're trying to send medical supplies and food to. Without these supplies the population of {X planet} will starve and die. The Republic must scramble fighters to defeat the CIS blockade and clear a path for the Republic cruisers to make way to deliver the supplies. Being heavily outnumbered by the blockade the clones are against the wall and have to throw everything they have at this blockade. The Republic makes attempts to sneak several ships into the planet to find its heavily occupied by the CIS. It's do or die for the clones. 

Edited by verbalcheatcode
Posted early on accident. Was typing this up while in game for Star Wars RP so I was ALT TAB a lot.
  • Winner 1
26 minutes ago, verbalcheatcode said:

In-game name: P195 JENG TACL WO 1995 Verbal (It's a lot I'm sorry)
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:26132961
Warns: 0
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 63:00:00 at the time of posting this
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Twix, Mark [Mod]
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I'm very active within Garnet Star Wars RP. Granted my time may be low but I've been very active and actually moving around in game. I'm also currently a Trial Mod for Garnet TTT server meaning I already have experience making sure things are flowing smoothly and people are following rules. Along with enforcing those said rules. I'm the type of person who likes to make sure everyone is having fun and is engaged. I know sometimes I'll see clone battalions just standing around and I think to myself "what's something fun they could be doing while everyone is fighting?" I like that people are getting utilized with bomb defusal hostage negation etc. However I know at the same time things can get repetitive. So truthfully I think I could spice things up, and think outside the box and throw curveballs. Keep players on their toes.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Around I'd say 20-30 hours a week?

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To keep events flowing. To get events set up and make sure they will run correctly so no one is standing around waiting for something to be fixed. Also to add things to areas such as props etc.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: As stated previously I would make sure people are having fun with events and keep them from getting bored. I like people having a good time and thrive when others are having fun as well because to me if people aren't having fun it bums me out. Granted being aware you can't please everyone but I'm also the type of person who takes feedback well when it comes to understanding what could've been done better or different. 

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: What I would personally like to see more often is Sith. I know the Jedi do a lot with fighting droids and helping clones but personally I think it would be nice to see the Jedi get their own type of fight. I could also be partially biased on this as I am a Padawan I. 

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

As I stated above I would like a Sith situation. I'm not sure what planets are open but I'd like to recreate the geonosis scene. I think that's such a thrilling moment within the Star Wars franchise. Clones coming in to rescue Jedi against droids and geonosians. Another idea I've had that was previously mentioned today is the blue virus bomb. The most common statuses I usually see on base are 1,2,3 and 4. I'd like to see a lockdown at some point so with a virus being released having the MED certs take point as like a biohazard team to study and analyze the virus. This event could simply just be a one day thing but if people are really loving maybe even two days maximum. I have a couple other ideas but with my ADD a lot of ideas race in my head that I can't center but will probably hit me later.

Hey Verbal! Your application is really short, I don't know if you published it too early by accident. Make sure you list and explain 5 unique event ideas. I highly recommend adding more to "Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team", "In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?", and "Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] ". You only have one paragraph while the minimum is 2 paragraphs. High school paragraphs have a minimum of 5-6 sentences and obviously going over the minimum while explaining in detail also will attract more positive feedback to your application. Please take this into consideration 🙂

Edited by special
  • Like 3

Honestly EASY +1. While he is still new to the server he has already went out of his way to help with whatever needed, including leaving the battalion he prefers to be in to give a different battalion an active leader. I have 0 doubts that him on the GM team will bring only benefits. Add me to Referral

+1

Edited by marks13001
  • Like 1