DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Radios

Dmoney14

Description:  having radios for fireteams

How it will help: I believe if we have radios the game would be more a lot more realistic. but when we do theses radios the should be 4-6 people in a fire team and they should be on one channel, there shouldn't be other people on that channel if they aren't in the fireteam. that way you can speak to them without having to find them or type in team chat, but also keep team chat to text other fire teams. the radios just will make more people stay in as a time and go out as a team, instead of going out by them self's and getting killed and doing the same thing over and over again. And having fire teams/ enforcing more fireteams would make it a lot more realistic  I fill like other players would love that more. it will also help by making fireteams.

Edited by Dmoney14
fixing format
2 hours ago, Dmoney14 said:

Description:  having radios for fireteams

How it will help: I believe if we have radios the game would be more a lot more realistic. but when we do theses radios the should be 4-6 people in a fire team and they should be on one channel, there shouldn't be other people on that channel if they aren't in the fireteam. that way you can speak to them without having to find them or type in team chat, but also keep team chat to text other fire teams. the radios just will make more people stay in as a time and go out as a team, instead of going out by them self's and getting killed and doing the same thing over and over again. And having fire teams/ enforcing more fireteams would make it a lot more realistic  I fill like other players would love that more. it will also help by making fireteams.

There is currently already 2 ways of doing this, #1 you can set a frequency and use the radio command. or you can do /squad and use /p to chat in squad chat.

I hope this helps! But I'm going to -1 due to being un-necessary since we already have this.

so, for that its hard for some people to play and type, like for example if your seeing enemies you have to type it out and then you also have to stand still to type out and  can get shoot for standing still, rather having a radio you can push a button and you can speak

The majority of players on the server play war independently as it is hard to get most new players to be in fireteams like you are describing. The only time that fireteams kind of work is in SOC factions in which they just use TeamSpeak to communicate to each other. There already several ways you can do this in the server, like described above, you can use /radio, you can join a squad by using /squad, go into TeamSpeak or a discord call and communicate from there, or just be in close proximity to each other so you can communicate through voice chat. So, since there are several ways you can kind of do this already and the fact that if this gets added, it might very well not be used, so I'm going to -1 for those reasons.