DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

PD Warden Building

Suggestion: The warden lost his ability to build in the PD when the mayor did to prevent them from making bases as well. I say we bring it back! Especially since now the mayor can build now, why not just go the full way?

This benefits the server because we literally only removed it because of the fact the mayor wasn't allowed to build, and back when we did have it I can tell you right now the amount of funny shit the wardens would set up at times was incredible. Courtrooms, literal death games to earn your freedom, etc. the list goes on and on, and I was one of those people who loved making the PD jail a little bit more special as warden.

Thoughts?

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Agree 3

I've noticed quite a few players, new and old often try to add their own twist to the Police Department, such as decorating cells, court trials, as well as other aspects and so I feel that this idea would be beneficial to the server. Overall trying some new concepts with the Police Department can be super helpful to entertaining players and attracting new players to stay on the server.

+1

• Like 1

Neutral 

Because the PD has such narrow corridors compared to actual bases, I think that there should be less props placed by the mayor (somewhere between 1/2 - 3/4 of what the max prop limit is) and the inability to place keypads. Other than that I wouldn’t mind. 

• Like 1

For those who might not understand my angle, I am more then fine having the rule that if a mayor has a base the warden can not assist in making it, or even implementing a rule that wardens cannot make bases. The majority of the wardens ability to build was angled towards creating a more fun and lively jail environment, not fortifying the PD even more. Decorating jail cells, making things around the jails, and just generally having fun was the main goal. I think the closest thing to a base I've ever seen a cop make is extra fenced walls for cells that prisoners could walk around in without being able to break out. Pd wardens would rarely if at all make a actual defense system because that was the mayor's job, not theirs.

Tdlr, I'm perfectly fine with accepting wardens would not be allowed to build to fortify the PD and only build for more fun reasons. It'd be up to you guys what angle you would want to take this in, I just wanna be able to build fun prisons again. Whether or not that includes base building, I really don't care.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi

I believe a slight rule change may need to be implemented, simply put;
"The pd can only have 4 crackable fading doors"

or something like that, because I like to further add individual keypads to each jail cell so that I can let them out without having to worry about locking/unlocking doors each time yk?

+1 anyways

• Like 1