Soldier's GM App

In-game name: Soldier

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:167200476

Warns: zero active warns (1 warn from early 2020 for crouchjump)

Timezone: CST

Playtime? (Paste your /playtime [Name]): | TSFU SSGT Soldier has played for 2811:56:19.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes

Referral(s): [What Gamemaster recommended you to apply?] None.

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

As a long-time member of the MRP community, I’ve seen events that have enthralled the server and made the server fun for those old and new. As this is my first time applying for GM, I believe that I can create novel ideas for events for the community as will be described in my events later. In the server, linear events that simply involve going into an objective, shooting AI, and leaving after a while can become dull (not meaning to diss). Personally, I think events that have consequences as a result of one side's action adds meaning to the events. The events that I can add will spice up the server because of the variety of events and activities given to players.

Also, using my prior knowledge and experience of entry factions and newer players, I can host events that target the interests of these players. To briefly describe their interests, it is anything that allows them to shoot and have meaning. If they participate in an event by solely shooting AI, then they will become bored after a few events, but if shooting at AI, playing smart, and listening to orders have meaning, then they will be entertained. The crucial element to player retention is hooking them on the server and giving them a taste of what the server is like, which many veterans of MRP can confirm that initial interest was a heavy influence in them staying. Overall, the events I give will be a conduit to players enjoying MRP and the community. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

No (not that I recall)

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: roughly 3-4 hours a day

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibilities of a Gamemaster are to provide entertainment for the server through intriguing RP events. A key skill in a gamemaster is the ability to provide a variety of entertainment to different demographics of MRP, like older vets, newer SOC players, and newer players. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:

As a part of the Gamemaster team, I would contribute to RP by hosting events at least once a day when I am on the server. My events (which I’ll describe in more detail later) will incorporate both PvP, PvE, and real time decisions for the players to participate in. Generally, the roleplay I will create will avoid a linear timeline, but the events will varying from day to day.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

1. Event Name: Civil War

A traitorous battalion of the Taliban Army has broken off from the main forces and joined the Afghan National Army. They have laid siege to the Afghan base with its forces still inside with hopes of destroying the Afghan forces inside. The Afghan Forces within the base must fight off the attackers.

-In this event, some Tali (in the traitorous battalion with the same models as AI) will be selected to infiltrate the Afghan base through tunnels or another entry into the Afghan base and open the gates for the AI to enter through. To avoid confusion, the players participating in the event will be informed ahead of time that other players will be hostile. 

-If the gates are successfully opened, then more AI will appear in the base near whichever gate was opened. All AI must be killed in the base and the gate closed before moving back to killing all the AI outside the base.

-If the gates fail to open, then the siege will stop when all AI are killed.

-Any Tali in the traitorous battalion that survived will undergo a trial.

1. Event Name: Breach and Clear

The tunnels near Afghan Base have been occupied by rioting civilians with weapons supplied by the US. The occupation of the tunnels have cut off Afghan precious materials and a route for troops to move through. So the High Command have sent in a detachment of Afghan Forces to clear out the rebellious civilians.

-In this event, each player will have one life, so if they die, they cannot return unless “reinforcements” are called. 

1. Event Name: Operation C.L.O.G. (Covert Logistics Obstruction Grasp)

The Afghan High Command receives intel from reconnaissance that there is a shipment of weapons being transported from the factory to the Embassy, where UN officials are waiting. To ensure that the UN does not receive the weapons shipment to be possibly used against them, the Afghan Forces prepare an Ambush in the Village/ on Boardwalk for the convoy.

-In this event, explosives can be used. The truck can either be blown up or stolen by Afghan Forces. Stealing the truck and taking it back to the Afghan base will have a reward of $100,000 in total, and split evenly between each participant. 

1. Event Name: Spy

The Afghani forces have been alerted to an informant for the US in Village. The informant has been giving the US information on Afghan Forces movements and patrol routes. The Taliban Army must find this informant and eliminate him. 

-Village will be filled with both AI civilians and actual players (preferably around 5-8), so it isn’t easy to find the informant. The player civilians can give up the spy, but if the spy is not found by Tali, then the players are given $10,000 each as a reward (in RP by the US military)

-This event is open-ended, if the informant is killed or captured, then Afghan achieves their goal, but if the informant escapes, then Afghan loses this opportunity. Rewards can be given (depends on how the spy is found).

-Also, the way in which the spy is found is up to the commanding officers. In other words, they can question anyone suspicious and find a way to smoke out the spy. Or they can kill everyone in the Village, killing the spy and all the villagers, but this can lead to trials and PK of officers and enlisted. 

1. Event Name: Armageddon 

A threat in comms was given to Afghan Forces that there was many missiles that were pointed towards Afghan base, ready to launch, and that if their demands were not met, they would bomb Afghan Base. After sending out patrols to find where the threats were coming from, Afghan Forces prepare to mount an attack against their facility at Cargo (location may vary). 

-In this event, there is a one-life basis, if you die, you cannot reenter the event, so players must be careful and work together. 

-If the area is cleared and the players hold the area for 2 minutes, then the missiles will not be launched.

-If all players die before the missiles are disarmed, then yes, I will bomb Afghan base.

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]:

1. Event Name: Race against time… and the other side.

Supreme Admiral General Aladeen (or whoever, idc) is in Afghanistan (or wherever Echo is) and he is guarded by his 5 elite guards, as well as many Afghan rebels who support his rule. The UN has placed a $100,000 bounty on his head, so both the US and Afghani are competing to kill him first, killing each other in the process.

-In this event, Aladeen (or some other world leader/ war criminal) will be played by a player and his 5 elite guards will be as well (all have 1 life). He will be traveling around the map to avoid staying in one spot, but he can hide in one spot as well. 

-There will be AI scattered around the map and near objectives in squads (Afghan rebels) where Aladeen may be hiding.

-The US and Afghan must look around the map. In order to avoid having the other side gain considerable wealth, US and Afghan may engage each other to claim the bounty. 

-If Afghan kills Aladeen, then they get the reward. If the US kills Aladeen, then they get the reward. If nobody kills Aladeen 30-40 minutes after the event starts, he escapes, and he and the elite guard receive the money (why? Idk or care). Then the event ends.

-To avoid this simulating war, when a person on either side wants to leave the base to search, they must travel with at least one other person from that side. However, squads of 4 are needed for the first search wave when the event starts.

1. Event Name: Helicopter Crash Evac

President Kanye’s (or whoever) helicopter crashed after a malfunction in the helicopter’s controls near Factory (closer to Afghan base). Afghan Forces and the US waiting to receive them were alerted roughly at the same time about the crash. President Kanye survived the crash with only 2 secret services. US and Afghan forces must rush to the scene in order to save or kidnap the president respectively. Both sides are KOS to each other.

-The president and the secret service will be players and must not leave the crash site until the US arrives. 

-If the US saves the president, then the event will end, and President Kanye will give a speech or something (idk).

-If the Afghan Forces kidnap the president, then the US must get him back whether it’d be by negotiations or force. 

1. Event Name: THE RUSSIANS! What are they doing here?

After an insult from the Afghani President, Russian Forces have invaded Afghanistan once again in full force and are laying siege to the Afghan base. The Afghani force sends a plea to the US if they will assist the Afghani in pushing back the Russians. After some reluctancy, the US sends in troops that look like Afghan Forces and send in air support to beat back the Russians. 

-In this event, I will spawn a lot of stuff so Afghans can't exactly win without the US help. For the US, it is a one-life event, if they die, they cannot return unless “reinforcements” are called. 

-Air support will basically be helicopters piloted by the US.

-If all the US die, then the event ends and the Afghan leaders that led in the event are PKed for a week. 

-If all the Russian Forces are killed, then Afghan leaders receive $50,000. US players receive nothing, except entertainment and maybe gratitude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 6

Soldier is one of those titans of GG MRP who has dedicated countless hours to bettering the server. In these hours, he has gained the trust and respect of his peers. As he says in his app, he has been involved in base faction for many years, years in which he has gained valuable experience learning what exactly new players want from MRP. His event ideas sound fun, and his descriptions have a perfect mix of serious and enjoyable that match what the GM team is looking for, along with the idea of these events having consequences.

+1

Genuinely I Would've handpicked him as  a S.GM during my time but I didn't. You are one of the greatestp eople withb enlisted I've had the pleasure to work with

+1 give him GM immediately.

Soldier was always great with connecting with the base factions. He has great ideas and I feel he'll continue to work with all players on the server. So many guys are so quick to ask for SOC and do SOC only events when I know he'll for sure include the base factions and make sure everyone has fun. He knows how to have fun while also maintaining a level head and a little bit of strictness so the base players don't get too out of hand.
Glad you applied Soldier and good luck! 👊

+1

spacer.png

Accepted
Due to outstanding community feedback and a very good grasp on RP, you will make an excellent addition to the GM team
I will be training you. Please do not use any commands until you are properly trained.
@Jake Lock and move please!