DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Let hobos raid each other.

KoiFish

Description: I suggest a rule change. hobos should be allowed to use keypads on outdoor builds and raid other hobos.

Reasoning: this would create a fun dynamic with hobos raiding eachother and having pistol shootouts. It would also give the black market dealer more reason to exist since hobos would be purchasing keypad crackers. Hobos should have more reasons to get into violent altercations besides self defense and rdm.

Additional info: hobos still can't farm printers or purchase doors to bases, however they may store raidables such as drugs and guns inside their hobo hut. Hobos would have a custom advert (/advert hobo raid) and only be able to raid other hobos. Only the hobo job can raid hobo huts.

I know this idea might be tough to implement, but I firmly believe it would not only add more fun to the hobo job, but also add more fun shenanigans to the server as a whole.

Edited by KoiFish
  • DarkRP Administration Team

-1 (with a side note)

I think the hobo intentionally serves as a job which is removed from basing / raiding, the idea being that you can make a cool hut in public with a donation box, and otherwise go around begging or otherwise having a laugh. If hobos had keypads / fading doors etc, then there would need to be a reason for them to hang around to protect their base. And for it to be worthwhile protecting, there would need to be something more than just drugs or guns inside (as these can just be stored in your inventory anyway) but having printers or anything else would contradict the hobos role and just serve to become another variation of a citizen. 

The only thing that might change my mind is for example the wishing-well that you made the other day which was actually really awesome! And with this example, there of course needs to be a way to access the money dropped inside of it, and in order to make it fall inline with the rules, a button or keypad would need to activate the door. So this is what I would focus on if there was a reason to introduce the mechanic to the hobo, but I'm unsure of exactly how this could work out on a broader scale.

• The Garnut

Not to beat a dead horse, but i'd have to re-iterate some points @ChrisRid brought up.

The Hobo class isn't there to engage in combative situations, but to literally be a roleplay oriented class with really unique builds that can be showcased in the streets, and frankly, it's the last standing job people still utilize to primarily roleplay out in the streets. I do not want to change a single thing about that.

Denied 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3