DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Gabeisthat warn appeal

In-game name: 1stSFODD CPT SkjRow
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:34547904
Staff members in-game name: Reeper, Smity
Staff members SteamID (/id (name): Smity STEAM_0:0:204070455  Reeper STEAM_0:1:81678836
Date & Time of incident: 6/2/2022 12
Timezone: EST
Warn Reason: Spawncamp (FailRP)
What happened? (include any proof): https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/n0Ajj_mCWU_ZM/eKzSMgqlS7Ud?invite=cr-MSxaelMsNTUwODc3NTks  I was raiding with someone else after killing the only 3 people on tali currently i pushed up a little closer and a fight started near the spawn 
Why should your warn be removed?: I held a angle expecting them to fully run out to cqc fight but instead the person kept jiggling peeking outside the spawn back and fourth as shown in the clip even running out of the spawn area which in my eyes seems as the person tries to catch someone off guard which in this situation can be easy with the very fast movement and fading wall at the spawn can catch someone off guard especially since when the person has ran out and back to the area making it possibly that one bullet can hit them in the spawn on accident without intent. As stated in the Rules "The only thing not allowed is the intentional spawn camp of the enemy. You may not shoot into the spawn rooms". I had intent of shooting the player inside the base and was holding and decided to swing out because of possibly desync of the player still shown outside of the spawn area. . My most concern is just like old basecamping rules i thought once someone stepped out the line they were fair to fight because i had the wrong idea of how the spawn area works during raids especially since advert raids coming back this is my first experience with this i didnt know. Another reason is in the clip if slowed down before i swing out i hit him without my character showing at all apparently its from desync i have no proof of this but there is a chance that on my screen his model was still past the spawn area on my screen because a quarter a second or more the person ran back into the spawn area even though i have no video proof on my side there is a possibly chance on my screen they were able to kill because of how recent the swung out you can also hear the metal being shot which is material used at the end of the spawn area showing i didnt shoot inside the spawn and it supports my desync thought in the situation. I didnt understand the rules firmly and didnt intent to spawn killing the person and i am sorry.

Edited by Gabeisthat

-1  Whether you meant to or not, you shot Reeper inside of the spawn room which would classify as spawn camping.

Another note to add is that you would not have had to "swing out" in order to kill him unless he ran back inside, but it's their spawn area, so there's no point of exposing your playermodel to everyone in spawn when you can't kill them yourself. The fact that you swung out makes me believe that you intended to kill him after he ran back into the spawn room. It's possible that you did this absent mindedly and it's possible that you thought he was going to continue to push out of the spawn room. However, I'm not sure why anyone would think that as he had already been strafing back and forth out of the spawn room, also not to mention he was wielding a sniper which would not be a smart move CQC against an AEK/SMG (or whatever gun you were using).

TL;DR: I believe this mistake could have easily been avoided and that you should have known better in this situation, especially due to the fact that you intentionally relocated (as shown in the clip) to a spot where you could continue shooting at Reeper in their spawn area.

• Agree 3

As I was the reporting party, I will not be putting a -1 or +1. However, I will be putting the evidence and proof used during the sit for others to see.

Video: https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/n0Ajj_mCWU_ZM/d1337IxdTpow?invite=cr-MSwyRkgsMjg2NDUwMiw

As shown in the video, I spawned in the Afghan spawn area, I managed to kill Oatlife, I then proceed to clear from right to left to the point I strafe peak left side to make sure it is clear. On the left side, Gabe was there about to shoot at me, I then shot one singular shot then returned back into the spawn area for cover. While behind the doorway, I was then shot and killed.

Edit: If you slow it down to .25 and go to 00:08, you can see him swing out into my view killing me in spawn.

Rules/Proof used: All targets in the enemy base are fair game during a raid, including those in buildings. The only thing not allowed is the intentional spawn camp of the enemy. You may not shoot into the spawn garages.

The whole reason the sit was brought was because he shot me while behind the doorway while in spawn. If I were to be in the doorway or just walked out I would either have marked it off as desync or accidental. While in the sit I noticed this portion of the rule: The only thing not allowed is the intentional spawn camp of the enemy. Basically stating that even the act of spawn camping, (not shooting into spawn) is punishable. I'm not sure what the punishment would be, best guess would be Spawn Camp (FailRP) or something like that.

Thanks for reading my post, in no way am I disparaging or putting down Gabe, I just wanted to put a proper response with evidence of what happened.

Edited by Reeper

spacer.png

Denied

After reviewing the evidence and speaking with the staff involved, your warn will be staying. It is your responsibility to ensure you're following rules. You intentionally sat outside spawn with the intent to kill Taliban the second they leave. The evidence clearly shows that you had ample time to realize that he was inside spawn, as well as the fact that you needed to swing into the doorway to get the kill.

@Jake Lock and move please!

Edited by PIuto