SteamID (https://steamid.io/):STEAM_0:1:568420171

Warns:1

Timezone: EST

Playtime?:  246:58:42.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] yes

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] none

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]
I am on pretty early in morning when there is not most staff on. I know all the rules like the back of my hand. I like to help other players with reports or questions I have tons of hours on this server and I know most of the active members of this community. I'm pretty good when it comes to giving fair and unbiased punishments when needed. I'm reliable, I can help this server a lot especially during the morning when their aren't many people because during these hours there is usually trolls running rampant and prop blocking spawn or bases and all you can do is the hope for a mod to come online soon. I'm also on break from school so when there are no staff on I could hop on and help out because I probably don't have anything better to do most of the time. I'm also a good pick because I feel like I'm a very good listener and can take criticism and opinions and do better next time so that I'm constantly improving. 

I have never been staff on any other servers so I think that this would be a good experience for me to get good at it, Another reason that I would be a great staff is because I am very respectful of others and I like to goof around a lot but I'm serious when I need to be.  as of now I only have 305 hours on Gmod the game and my playtime on this server 243 that should tell you how much I love this server and the people in it because I keep coming back and I love it enough to want to become staff and help the server grow.  I'm also very mature and I think that I could be a great role model to the kids of this server and maybe even some adults, I enjoy playing this server because of the people in it so I want to ensure that I protect this server from trolls and things of that nature. 

Overall im a good pick because I'm responsible and reliable. I will give out fair and unbiased punishments.  I'm very respectful to others and I want to help others with problems they may have.
I can be a good role model for the other young people like me, and im also on early in the mornings when there are more trolls than staff on. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details yes 1 time I got banned for MNLR I kept getting raided every 20 minuets  or so by the same guy so I kept coming back until I killed him and I know I shouldn't have done it but at the time I was very new to the server and I didn't think I would main this server so at the time I didn't care but I've changed

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: none

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:3-7 hours depending on the day

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Baseball, football.

Did you read the staff rules?: 0vrated

Edited by 0vrated
had to take another look at the rules and wanted to change the 2nd paragraph because it has too much filler so wanted to change it up
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

• Did not fully read the staff rules.
  • I think your application has a fair bit of filler. I don't think you need to become staff to build connections with people, nor do I think the reasoning "being staff will make me more active" is a valid one. I also feel like you say "I feel like" a lot more than I feel like is necessary:

FUadvJn.png

I would work a bit more on your next staff application; I believe you have plenty of potential and I see a good app in here I just think you need to not rush it.

Consider what you can bring to the table, and my advice would be to look at past accepted apps and see what sticks out in those that you can faithfully use in your own.

Other things to consider:

• Playtime should be exact time, use /playtime (your name) ingame
  • 6-7 hours is a ridiculous amount of time to spend a day, staffing that is. You're not being paid for a part-time job, so don't treat it like one.

Revised review (after update)

I would say after seeing the updated app, he was able to take my criticisms and update his app using that to better it immensely. Looking at the old app vs. his revised app, I think this applicant shows a great bit of potential for improvement which is among the top characteristics I love to see in a staff member (although that's a hard characteristic to actually show usually).

His reasons for being staff and the reasons why we would choose him over other applicants is far more thought out this time around. As I had predicted: there was a great app in there! Just needed a bit more time spent on it and a bit of critical thinking.

I am updating my response to +1.

It's clear he was able to spend time looking at his feedback, respond positively, and take that to create a great app. It's what I wanted to see even if it wasn't what I expected.

Edited by ShankNinja
turned his app around
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 4
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1 (changed after improvements were made)

I agree with Shank that there is some filler in your paragraphs, however if I were to ignore that, you’ve still given some good reasons for why you’d like to be on the team. I’m not worried with repetition of words or phrases because at the end of the day it’s not an English exam so as long as you’ve put some effort into spelling and grammar in an attempt to be reasonably presentable then I’m happy.

The points Shank made about being more active and meeting more people aren’t reasons for wanting to become staff, so I totally agree with him. You can achieve both of those things without being staff, and staffing doesn’t have any impact on your RP. But it’s still nice that you’d like to spend more time and meet more people for sure.

Checking your previous offences, you only have the one ban for MassNLR which you’ve mentioned with is common with new players, but nothing else of concern, so I believe you are of a good character.

Like I say, perhaps it’s best to spend some time reading over the rules and make an edit to your post, as I’ll reconsider my response if you do.

Edit:

I changed my application to a +1 as you’ve taken on board the criticism mentioned and have now read the staff rules. You’ve got a clear desire to be a part of the team and help make the server a great place for players to be in the additional paragraph you’ve added, which is awesome to see. I wish you the best of luck!

Edited by ChrisRid
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

+1 (changed after improvements were made)

I agree with Shank that there is some filler in your paragraphs, however if I were to ignore that, you’ve still given some good reasons for why you’d like to be on the team. I’m not worried with repetition of words or phrases because at the end of the day it’s not an English exam so as long as you’ve put some effort into spelling and grammar in an attempt to be reasonably presentable then I’m happy.

The points Shank made about being more active and meeting more people aren’t reasons for wanting to become staff, so I totally agree with him. You can achieve both of those things without being staff, and staffing doesn’t have any impact on your RP. But it’s still nice that you’d like to spend more time and meet more people for sure.

Checking your previous offences, you only have the one ban for MassNLR which you’ve mentioned with is common with new players, but nothing else of concern, so I believe you are of a good character.

Like I say, perhaps it’s best to spend some time reading over the rules and make an edit to your post, as I’ll reconsider my response if you do.

Edit:

I changed my application to a +1 as you’ve taken on board the criticism mentioned and have now read the staff rules. You’ve got a clear desire to be a part of the team and help make the server a great place for players to be in the additional paragraph you’ve added, which is awesome to see. I wish you the best of luck!

i agree +1

• Like 1

Preface

So before I even get into dissecting your paragraphs I'm gonna say this, you remind me of how I was the first time I applied for staff. I had hours almost exclusively on Garnet (which is still true today), I felt like I would be a very reliable staff member, and I thought that I would be able to set a good example. I ended up getting staff and then my playtime dwindled, thus failing to follow through with what I said I would do. This sentiment has no impact on how I'm gonna judge your application, I'm just trying to give a personal anecdote to let you know to be careful about the promises you make because things change fast. 

Quotes

23 hours ago, 0vrated said:

I am on pretty early in morning when there is not most staff on.

This gives an explanation as to why I never see you on, I only ever play in the afternoon. Having more staff for mornings is always good, I remember the staff discord always having people requesting staff come online in the mornings because of how few staff are there to take sits. 

I feel like I'm a very good listener and can take criticism and opinions

If this is accurate this is a great quality to have. I have seen a lot of staff members not be this way and instead get angry when disagreed with. This isn't shade at anyone, I have been guilty of this in the past, but we can all grow as people and try think more like this.

this would be a good experience for me to get good at it

Garnet is a great place to be staff for the first time since the way your rank progresses eases you into more responsibility without being too overwhelming.

and im also on early in the mornings when there are more trolls than staff on. 

This sentence is basically just a repeat of the first sentence.

MNLR I kept getting raided every 20 minuets  or so by the same guy

Honestly I understand reacting this way, it's annoying having someone keep coming back over and over like that. As long as you know to not act this way in the future I'm not gonna count this against you.

Conclusion

Overall I think you would make a good addition to the staff team, and if you're still around then as you get older you would make a good example of a younger staff member doing good things on the server. A lot of young staff members get a kind of stigma against them (or at least did at one point) and it takes younger staff doing good to get rid of that. You did a good job revising your application, and I'm gonna give it a +1. I wish you luck.

• Like 1

Neutral

I've met you just a few days ago, and only briefly, but you seem chill and mature for your age, and given your total hours and in-game hours, I believe you want to do great things for the server as a Staff Member. Overall, your staff app is ok, but I would have to get to know you better to have my full support for a plus 1. Wishing you the best of luck on your staff app!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, WreckEMsaints said:

Had a lot of fun with you earlier man!! Well I was one of the ones trying to raid you with Timothy and Gates. But you kept it super fun for us!! You know the rules very well and enjoy being in game. Easy +1!!

I also enjoyed being raided by you all you found multiple cracks in my base and used them to the max