DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Remove donator VIP mod.

Jaz-

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum 

Remove VIP mod as an option from the donation menu. 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] It removes the point of a staff application and building up  your reputation if you can just buy it and be over with it. Staff members should be already respected members of the community that actually show effort into wanting to become staff. I’m especially talking about people who when their applications get denied go straight to buying staff as an easy way out. 

I know there is a big chance of this getting denied, but at least take it into consideration before so.

Also I’m not making this because I’ve seen this happen many times in the past. I am not attacking a certain person nor am I trying to attack anyone in the first place.

Edited by Jaz-
  • Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 3

This has always been denied , Also Not really bringing up any new reason to remove it. 

Not the Biggest fan of Paragraph Nazis also, which in my eyes is the reason why i would rather 50$ instead of worrying about my 2 paragraphs looking good

you would think to stop suggesting something that basically always gets denied? also something that has been suggested 5 times and denied 5 times? 

Edited by IAreGunner
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 3
  • Disagree 1

In regards to respect, what is there not to respect about someone DOUBLE supporting the server? Genuine question, I've been told I can come off a little abrasive. If anything the community, and especially the "applied" staff should appreciate them for their generous contribution to "keeping in the lights on in this place". Just my take on it.

• Informative 1

-1 If they abuse it, they lose it. Plain and simple.

If someone really wants to throw away $50 and go through training just to abuse mod, then I'm sure they'll be quickly demoted. Then bam, $50 gone. To me, that seems like a bigger personal hit than wasting 1-2 hours writing a staff app and trying to win a popularity contest (no offense to ya'll out there!)

Not to mention it takes away another revenue stream for what's likely not even a major problem.

Edited by UrdnotWrex
grammar, fixed colors
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2
  • Winner 1

1 hour ago, Jaz- said:

It removes the point of a staff application and building up your reputation

There is still a purpose for staff apps, the vast majority of staff here have applied and 'building reputation' was probably never in Garnet's plan book when he thinks of the staff team. It is simply for handling the out of line players that break rules. As said previously, if a player cannot make a good 2 paragraph application then they will likely not succeed in being a staff at all. There is no real benefit for Garnet or the staff team for that matter. I do understand what you're saying, but other staff should not be upset when someone buys mod because it does not affect them at all, apart from their 'reputation' apparently.

• Friendly 1
1 hour ago, Kicks said:

but other staff should not be upset when someone buys mod because it does not affect them at all, apart from their 'reputation' apparently.

It’s more of just a pet peeve of mine. It’s most the time toxic players that buy themselves into the staff team that annoy me. I can name a couple toxic players that bought staff. I think it sets a bad taste in some players mouths to have a toxic player be staff. Or that could just be a me thing. But this is what I mean by toxic staff members. 

Edited by Jaz-
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Disagree 1
20 minutes ago, ten10868 said:

And I can name toxic players who applied and got it, sometimes toxic people get staff. 

I mean people who applied then got denied because of their behavior who then bought staff. Jonko is a different case though.

+1

As someone who has been over on the TTT side of Garnet for almost a year now this has always baffled me. I guess the $50 will benefit the server but allowing moneybag assholes to bypass the approval of the majority of the staff team isn’t the greatest of ideas. I remember having a few altercations with @west when he was a VIP Mod, who had his application denied, and he ended up getting community banned out of it from another circumstance. 

As someone who has never staffed DarkRP, but as someone who has played DarkRP many an occasion, having to deal with a mass population of players (even if some of them are alts printer farming) is a bit of a responsibility. Not everyone is capable of being a staff member, even when dealing with a small population like TTT, with DarkRP this logic is tripled. Having the quality control on who becomes staff is important, one hood staff member who can continue to grow the community outweighs 4 staff with access to daddy’s credit card directing potential regulars elsewhere. 

Players who want to support the server have many other options in the donation menu, so it’s not like we are removing a huge asset from donations. Toxic players shouldn’t have the option to lengthen their stay by becoming staff. It ultimately wastes the time of the staff who applied legitimately. 

P.S. Writing 2 paragraphs isn’t much of a mental stress anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Deft said:

P.S. Writing 2 paragraphs isn’t much of a mental stress anyway. 

Fr, I think it shows how much you truly care about becoming staff.  
West was just pathetic tbh, i bet he’s ban evading still.  Homie is  addicted  to this server 

2 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

Not the Biggest fan of Paragraph Nazis also, which in my eyes is the reason why i would rather 50$ instead of worrying about my 2 paragraphs looking good

That just shows how little effort you’re putting into your application. You should actually have to try.

Edited by Jaz-