DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Grievances with the Reserves Change - Pt 2

Kurtle

As someone  who has both tier 1 reserves and spent a absurd amount of time making my way up ranks the thought that I lose my privilege to enjoy my hard work because I wanted to join another faction is rather annoying.

• Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

+1 As someone who has mained US for the entirety of my GG experience, this change would be helpful. While other people who have played on both sides are allowed to have reserves I am forbidden due to the current reserves system.

Edited by Toyto
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

+1 (I’m just gonna paste here what I posted in the discord) If I had DF reserves, I would not join GB as much as I might want to only out of fear of losing reserves (I know I can ask for them back later, but just even losing them temporarily would be enough of a deterrent for me). This is not how it should be because it can easily lead to a state of being “stuck” in a reserve lock (I.E. I could have 313 reserves and DF reserves, thus locking me from joining any other faction as I will lose the reserves, again even temporarily is enough of deterrent for me and many others). Not only this, but being stuck between two reserves could cause the player’s experience to become stale as they’re not progressing in any faction, and thus causing them to become bored/burnt out and thus leave the server.

To be honest, I don’t really see any major harm in letting people have reserves for both sides. We had the same system in 2021 and it worked fine then.

• Like 1

Accepted
I will be putting the new reserves tomorrow at some point.  
They will go as follows:
If a person requests a reserves and is accepted they will relinquish that sides reserves if they had any. 
There will be a staff vote for each reserve made. That will be either accepted for denied. The staff that can vote for them can only vote on them if they played during that time period. Reserve requests might be changed in the future as you can only request reserves once you leave and no other time. 
This format will look better once I make the post tomorrow. 
@Luxembourgplease lock and move to accepted

• Like 1