nosh Staff Application

KnownAsNosh

In-game name: eXg nosh (subject to change)
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:562676438
Warns: 2
Timezone: EST
Playtime?:  264 hours
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES
    Referral(s): Bluey
    Past experiences as staff: No staff experience on Gmod, but have had staff positions on Rust and Ark.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I'm almost always on the Garnet DarkRP server and love the in game mechanics, the staff keeping the server in control, and most importantly the community, because without the constant influx of players, i believe the server wouldn't be where it is today. I have been in multiple admin sits on this server, mostly in my favor, and came to learn rather quickly how sits are handled, and how to resolve problems without immediately jumping to jailing players unless it is absolutely necessary. I feel that I play most during times where server moderation can be lacking, so having me on the team could easily fill the gap.

Whether it be helping new players learn the game/mechanics, or helping Nutter test out the new poop mechanic, I feel that adding me to the staff roster would allow me to reach out my helping hand to many other players. Another perk of having me on your roster is that I could run more server events, and possibly create many new ones to come, as i believe those events are a key part in tieing a community together, and can be used to increase the longevity of players play time on the server. Speaking personally for myself, I believe that I have reached the amount of experience and knowledge necessary to become a very efficient staff member on your server.
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: FailRP & LTAP
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No Previous Apps.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Usually about 5-7 hours in the night time.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I am a student in university, so class takes up most of my time during the day, but other than classes, I do enjoy to hike new trails when I can, and hunt for geocaches in the process.
Did you read the staff rules?: eXg nosh (KnownAsNosh)

Edited by KnownAsNosh
error
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 6

+1 
+rep

-------------

• See this man on like 24/7; definitely got the playtime and activity required for staff
  • Always helping people
    • Always answering questions in OOC and thoroughly explaining things to newer players
    • Has a very good command/knowledge of the rules; helped me build my base and adhere to all basing rules
    • Just all around a good dude; definitely staff material and I have no doubt he'd make a great addition

Really fun guy to base with. He is technically skilled at base building. Knowledgeable on rules that new players could find misleading such as FDA. I have been playing with him since he started in the server and really has shown good progression. Good staff potential and has a sense of accountability. 

+1

He knows the rules and is great at following them, a little more playtime would be nice to see but I understand not everyone has the time for gmod. Overall really good in game and always very nice, will look forward to seeing you on the staff team. Good luck 👍 

He is also very good at building

~Adin is here

Disregard my last comment 

1 hour ago, KnownAsNosh said:

Did you read the staff rules?: YES

🤦 

Really nosh, I thought you where better than this 

Edited by Adin_is_here
Spelling
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I really like the reasons that you have given for wanting to join the staff team, and your overall application is good. You have good hours on the server and you've got the support of a decent number of people, plus I have seen that you are very active on the server.

9 hours ago, KnownAsNosh said:

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: No Bans

The reason for my -1 is the fact that you've said you haven't had any bans, despite having been banned just 2 weeks ago for FailRP & LTAP, plus you say you have a couple of warns on record. While FailRP isn't necessarily a serious offence in its-self, leaving to avoid punishment and then lying about having been banned so recently is a red flag for me, plus the other couple of warns showing that this isn't a one off mistake. As staff members we are role models for the rest of the community and in order to enforce the rules, we should make sure we follow them first.

20 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

I really like the reasons that you have given for wanting to join the staff team, and your overall application is good. You have good hours on the server and you've got the support of a decent number of people, plus I have seen that you are very active on the server.

The reason for my -1 is the fact that you've said you haven't had any bans, despite having been banned just 2 weeks ago for FailRP & LTAP, plus you say you have a couple of warns on record. While FailRP isn't necessarily a serious offence in its-self, leaving to avoid punishment and then lying about having been banned so recently is a red flag for me, plus the other couple of warns showing that this isn't a one off mistake. As staff members we are role models for the rest of the community and in order to enforce the rules, we should make sure we follow them first.

Ah that’s my mistake on the bans. I thought the application was referring to Perm Bans. I will update the post to reflect those accordingly. 
In regards to the ban itself, the FailRP was caused by a grey area in the rules, which me and dirty scammer have since discussed:

1. To avoid the same situation from happening again,

2. Reinforcing misconceptions about a few of the CP rules.

As for the LTAP, I do live in South GA, which can be seen publicly on my steam account, and because of my location, my ISP isn’t the best at maintaining during certain periods of the day. If there were such thing, I would have appealed the ban for ULTAP, but sadly that does not exist and no way to prove it.

If you were to reconsider your -1, I would make sure that you and other admins are noticeable increase in server performance, and decrease of report wait times!