DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Dan Gardner's Staff Application

Dan Gardner

In-game name: PPS Dan Gardner
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:8821501
Warns: 4 all RDM lol
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | PPS Dan Gardner has played for 931:02:59.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes
    Referral(s): Juto, Blotto, any others to be added if allowed
    Past experiences as staff:  Head Moderator on MRP, Admin on Rust
    Why should we choose you over other applicants?

I believe I deserve the position as I am able to handle heated situations very easily and elegantly, and always depend on evidence when making any decision. I know the rules very well and have taught them to many players, some still playing daily. I have a very long history with this community and have cherished it as long as I've been a part of it. I want nothing more than to help more players have a similar or better experience if that's what they're after.  I have made countless spreadsheets, guides, trained many on how to make money or even just have fun on pretty much every Garnet server. example (GG MRP Training Guide on Google Docs): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HpQCuWwk-3c5Eq0IovIM6Q5_WPnWVAVfdD0weuQDWW8/edit?usp=sharing

I am on at pretty much all hours of the day sporadically with my current schedule and I often see the server when there are absolutely no staff. This is something that is said in basically every application I have seen but it is the truth so I won't omit it. I would also love to have more to do on the server, even if it isn't RP. Thank you very much for reading :))

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I was banned for Chargeback on MRP in 2017 (I was 17 years old). I have since had conversations with Garnet on the matter and I'm sure he could attest that something like that will not happen again. As a warning to anyone who has even thought about the outcome of attempting to chargeback: you won't get anything out of it. No money, just regret.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Not on DarkRP nor on any GG server in the past 2 yrs

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I play the server regularly for longer than 4+ hours at a time (and I do indeed shower)

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: Work and video games man what else can u do anymore

Did you read the staff rules?: PPS Dan Gardner

Edited by Dan Gardner
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 2
  • Agree 1

Neutral

HOWEVER

I think you would be a great staff member. You have solid hours, a good understanding of the rules, and on top of that, a good referral.

Now, the only reason I'm not giving you a +1 is because of this-

14 hours ago, Dan Gardner said:

heated situations very easily and elegantly

It's one thing to say it and one thing for it to actually be true. I'll point out two situations since I have those two clipped still. It's no secret that you and me have had good encounters and bad encounters.

Example 1, you didn't like I was countering you (and others) so much as a Civil Protection so you tried to advert raid on a DJ Hut to kill me. After the sit, you just flat out sniped me from your base then went AFK (you were warned anyways due to my clip).

Example 2, I was walking down the street infront of PD and you and your friend Juto were raiding the base at the very end of that street. You saw me "charging" down the street and shot me. Your reason being that I counter your raids every time (your words from the clip). That's clear cut RDM. 

Now, these are only two of our bad encounters. We've had plenty of good ones too when I've taken your sits. But you need to understand that staff members get held to a higher accountability and that type of stuff just won't fly especially if you're staff. I do wish you good luck though because ultimately I would like to see you become staff since I've seen your good side as well. But I think it was fair pointing out both perspectives.

• Informative 2
9 hours ago, Thomass said:

Example 1, you didn't like I was countering you (and others) so much as a Civil Protection so you tried to advert raid on a DJ Hut to kill me. After the sit, you just flat out sniped me from your base then went AFK (you were warned anyways due to my clip).

This was  stupid  and not behavior that I have since repeated.

9 hours ago, Thomass said:

Example 2, I was walking down the street infront of PD and you and your friend Juto were raiding the base at the very end of that street. You saw me "charging" down the street and shot me. Your reason being that I counter your raids every time (your words from the clip). That's clear cut RDM.

I was just coming back to DarkRP when all this occurred so some of the visual queues took some time to come back as well. In this situation I thought that I was already wanted, there was a lockdown, and you were going towards Juto, who was raiding, with your arrest baton out. I figured he was wanted too, (which both of our wanted statuses went away maybe a minute before without me noticing). I will agree now that it was RDM, all I had to do was wait two seconds for you to either quickwant Juto or enter the raid area, I shot too early and was punished justly for it.

Thank you for your feedback.