DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Martian's Ban Appeal

In-game name: Sauce hooboododo I Martian
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:78646281
Staff members in-game name: Tom Brady
Staff members SteamID (https://garnetgaming.net/darkrp/bans) (/id (name): STEAM_0:1:264766
Date & Time of incident: 8/16/22 1200pm 
Timezone:pst 
Ban Reason: Mass prop spam + Ltap
How long were you banned for?: 3 weeks
Proof of Ban: 

1. | STEAM_0:0:78646281 was banned by Tom Brady for 3 weeks. Reason: Mass Propspam + LTAP | Appeal your ban at GarnetGaming.net.

What happened? (include any proof):  the server had been crashing all night and it was late, and so the server had 15 players on at the time. i decided to go through my 50 and 70 prop dupes since i dont get to see them often and i spawned one in that i made a long time ago in a friends base. the dupe is just 50 vending machine props. i spawned it on the street not really thinking about it since i was only going to look at it for a second as i was scrolling through dupes and even if i was reported in the small amount of time i had it up i would just delete it, no harm no foul. however i immediately crashed and my game locked up to i couldn't delete it or even leave the game which i have a clip of here: 

Why should your ban be removed?: i really think if it werent for this crash the sit wouldve just consisted of me being asked to delete the vending machines and moving on. i had no way of anticipating my game freezing with these props on the street. 

• Sad 1

So this one's a bit of a weird situation but I'll try to make this as easy to understand as possible.

To clarify, I had an active in-game report against you when the ban was issued. Covering this right now so no confusion is created later on.
spacer.png

The report began with me asking the reporter (in this case, "jordun") who propspammed. He responded saying that it was you.
spacer.png

This begins the evidence profile, which was carefully considered when placing a ban on your account.

The in-game reporter's POV (evidence submitted by jordun)
spacer.png

The in-game logs, showing your prop spawns. All 30+ of these props were spawned in a span of 5 seconds. This isn't too significant since you said it was a dupe, but should be considered nonetheless as you knew what you were spawning + had intentions of spawning them according to your own response.
spacer.png
The job logs, which prove that you were never a job or class that allows building in the streets.
spacer.png
Connection logs
spacer.png

I got a report in-game a few moments after banning you from @Dan Gardner who just wanted to chat with me about the situation. He told me that your game had crashed and that you had proof of it and mentioned the LTAP being removed as such. I told him that it could be left up to the higherups when you appealed your ban, as we both knew you'd appeal it. He told me that he was trying to warn you when he saw the report get placed on you for the propspam but by that point it was too late...

When I asked @Dan Gardner for any supporting evidence, he was able to provide me Discord direct-message logs of when your game crashed. Also once again pointing out the vending machines. These messages do somewhat add up when compared to your connection logs, although the connection logs declared you outside of the server at 2:50 and what's seen here you appear to still be there at 2:52/2:54. This is a strange situation in terms of what should really be considered LTAP. If your game genuinely crashed, it's still technically considered LTAP. This is being left entirely up to the higherups to decide if the ban should be shortened. I personally feel like this should be taken as a lesson moving forward to be careful what you're doing in-game, even if the server pop is very low. This entire situation could've been avoided by being more cautious with your dupes, while also keeping the other players in consideration.

spacer.png

I would also like to leave this video here as well, displaying both in-game reports I got in relation to this ban. 

The first sit is sped up x2 as there was no microphone interactions, everything was spoken over text chat and can be clearly viewed even at two times the speed. (for the convenience of the viewer, and making this faster to upload)

I also reloaded in console as the first sit ended, as my camera movement got locked up and I was unable to control the camera.

I feel at the very least we should keep the main ban in place since sufficient evidence was provided to suggest the Mass Propspam was valid. Whether or not management wants to be generous and remove the LTAP, that's entirely up to them. 

At the end of the day, I was only doing my job and taking appropriate action towards the situation. Thank you. 

Edited by lmay
  • Informative 2