RP Factions

Tuna

+1

I feel like this will probably just be assumed as nostalgia bait for most, but I really do feel like everybody has something to gain from this implementation. There really isn't that much room for RP at the moment on the server,  besides MP, but they really can't fill any type of formal RP role outside of the base. I would love this addition.

• Toxic 1

+1

Adding RP factions as a second life give players a real opportunity to flex their RP skills, and having both MP and Seals(or whatever it gets implemented as) will give RP inclined players options on what to focus towards besides their main life. Adding the equivalent to Tali would not be hard also

12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

We could have a "test drive" event for both factions. Much like how the ROE changes was done. 

I am a huge proponent of this, as the GM who hosted the ROE change tests alongside Smity. It would be extremely easy to set a group of players to Seals or AFSOC models, change their names and jobs, and have them RP for a peacetime to prove the concept actually works.

To those who say the server might not have room for another faction, we recently maxed out pop, and have been close to that on several days before and after. Furthermore, second life factions most likely don't detract from main life faction population, as the players in second lives either (A) Do not play on those main lives regardless in war or peacetime or (B) Only join the server for the RP.

+Support

I will support this as I do believe it to be a great idea that will encourage more RolePlay outside of events and get people to be more involved. My concern will be keeping it a living faction and hoping it will not get forgotten or never played. I know of many people that will start playing it, hopefully these re-added factions can also breathe life into new things that can be done outside of war, promoting more mini-events so to say. 

Some questions, I really like the idea, just some questions so we can get a better grip. Will this supersede the life rules and being exempt from other lives restriction since it’s non-war? In addition, will this be a heavily limited group meant to only be a specific group of people and inviting others or will they be like an easy faction to get into? 

16 hours ago, KennethSlick said:

Will this supersede the life rules and being exempt from other lives restriction since it’s non-war? In addition, will this be a heavily limited group meant to only be a specific group of people and inviting others or will they be like an easy faction to get into? 

The lives would be 2nd life, (you can either be MP or this) and how it is limited would be entirely upto the leaders. 

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Love the idea, however Afghan equivalent should NOT be Vega as they are canonically enemies following irl lore line. Instead, I raise to you a few options:
201 Khalid Ibn Walid Corp
205 Al-Badr Corps
207 Al-Farooq Corps
209 Al-Fatah

While none of these are considered special forces by any means that I could find, it would provide a name that fits the RP scene we're going for with an RP faction.
If 313 Badri hadn't existed already in the server, that of course would be the SEALs equivalent we are looking for

• Like 1

+1
As a person who enjoys doing well thought out and planned RP this is a huge plus to me. Im tired of events just being stupid things such as oh im just gonna drop bombs on US base for 10 minutes and then spawn in a bunch of npcs to shoot into US base until war starts. We need to bring back well planned out RP with actual objectives and missions and when AFSOC was operating the way Tuna is saying here we had some events like that such as an event Dillan ran on Delta which was very well thought out and a lot of people had fun doing it. Events have just become stale since then and it just drains all the fun out of the server it just ends up all being pvp focused and ruins the whole basis of a ROLE PLAY server in the first place. 

+1

I personally think this is a fantastic suggestion. I really think the server could use some more events/ideas for events. Implementing Seals in this manner, definitely feeds to whole idea of actually having more events/creativity with events. This could definitely encourage some solid RP as an addition to the server. It also really gives people more tasks to do during peace time. Rather than being completely bored while doing hardly any sims/RP scenarios. I STRONGY agree. 

Edited by Funk

-1 While I support the opportunity for new ideas and things for people to do this post introduces itself as something mainly for the US. Yes I do see something for us Tali but at the moment we can’t focus on splitting focus from base faction while there are very few officers at our core. During the summer or a big comeback for the server would be a great time to implement this, but as of now I can’t possible see tali benefiting from this based on our numbers alone. In conclusion I see this as mostly benefitting the US (no surprise most of its support is from the US) and not the tali in its current situation as truthful as it is. 

(also if this were to get accepted who would be on Vega for tali? So far it would only be US sided, if it were second life what tali enlisted would join? We literally are only officers at times during any day this week. So to keep a base faction alive I can’t see supporting this as we have to focus on keeping tali somewhat active because we don’t have the same luxury as the 30+ pop on US.)

Edited by Desires
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
5 hours ago, Desires said:

-1 While I support the opportunity for new ideas and things for people to do this post introduces itself as something mainly for the US. Yes I do see something for us Tali but at the moment we can’t focus on splitting focus from base faction while there are very few officers at our core. During the summer or a big comeback for the server would be a great time to implement this, but as of now I can’t possible see tali benefiting from this based on our numbers alone. In conclusion I see this as mostly benefitting the US (no surprise most of its support is from the US) and not the tali in its current situation as truthful as it is. 

(also if this were to get accepted who would be on Vega for tali? So far it would only be US sided, if it were second life what tali enlisted would join? We literally are only officers at times during any day this week. So to keep a base faction alive I can’t see supporting this as we have to focus on keeping tali somewhat active because we don’t have the same luxury as the 30+ pop on US.)

I appreciate the response but the argument is invalid. Being a second life faction that only operates during peace time, it would literally take zero players away from factions. And for the people who would be accepted is upto management not me.