DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

crossbow (good idea version)

mossly

description: add hl2 crossbow

reason: crossbow fun af, impaling people, learn timing, velocity and vectors due to travel speed and player motion, nostalgia, can do that cool ricochet thing, and aesthetic

imagine being a bounty hunter who only uses the crossbow

could even make it a store only item because I know me and people who are as dumb as me would throw 20 at it no question

hindrances: if a normal game item, dmg might need to be reduced (or buffed, cannot remember how much it does). if a credit item, this is not an issue

benefits pt 3: rebar crossbow is a throwback to og og darkrp and thus would help contribute to our more vanilla atmosphere

no bleed effects or fancy shit though

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

The HL2 crossbow is already in DarkRP in the same way that the HL2 rocket launcher, crowbar, and pulse rifle still is; it's just not possible to get hold of any new ones. There are some OG players who still own them and it's possible to use them still, but you'd be very lucky to find anyone with bolts to fire (as far as I know). I'm not sure why it's not possible to get hold of new ones now though, I like your suggestion to add it back, but if there's a good reason why it can't be done I would also understand. I'll stay neutral until I know more.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 4:12 AM, ChrisRid said:

The HL2 crossbow is already in DarkRP in the same way that the HL2 rocket launcher, crowbar, and pulse rifle still is; it's just not possible to get hold of any new ones. There are some OG players who still own them

🥸

Neutral. Feel like this could be somewhat fucked, especially in basebuilding. As much as I'd love to actually be able to fire the crossbow that I may or may not own, I feel like it's collission with props as well as the slower travel time could be used and abused by fading doors, and other stuff.

3 hours ago, WohMi said:

🥸

Neutral. Feel like this could be somewhat fucked, especially in basebuilding. As much as I'd love to actually be able to fire the crossbow that I may or may not own, I feel like it's collission with props as well as the slower travel time could be used and abused by fading doors, and other stuff.

I think that you could time it so it hits as they go to shoot but you can do that with other slow moving projectiles (rpg, grenade) anyways

its interaction with props shouldn't cause any issues afaik though 

• 1 month later...