DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestion: Ending Base Camping

Description: 
     Basecamping is a frustrating part of the server. I don't know how many times I've been killed for taking 1-2 steps outside our FOB during war by a one shot sniper. During war, people should be trying to stay on the OBJ, and not push much farther than that. They should not sitting outside of a spawn, waiting for someone to stick out their toe and get instant killed by a sniper that is unable to be seen. Base camping kills the mood and lowers server morale.

Reasoning: Having people sitting outside our base, killing new players will deter them from wanting to come back. The server has recently seen a boom in population and I want to see it stay that way, however, all the new players coming on could easily get frustrated and would want to leave after not being able to leave their own FOB. 

Additional Information: An Example of Base camping https://imgur.com/a/6nUkYA5

Subforum Etiquette/Rules

• Haha 1
  • The Garnut

Funny enough this is something i'm going to be addressing fairly shortly on the server. When the population is less than 50, players who are part of war will spawn on an objective as opposed to at their respective base, and as such, wars will become much faster paced.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 2
17 hours ago, Nutter said:

Funny enough this is something i'm going to be addressing fairly shortly on the server. When the population is less than 50, players who are part of war will spawn on an objective as opposed to at their respective base, and as such, wars will become much faster paced.

Will there be Ammo Caches to go with those spawns, or will players be forced to pay for ammo crates?

On 1/10/2023 at 9:32 PM, Nutter said:

How would you deal with people just camping the spawn areas? It seems like making the spawns random/ balanced would be really challenging especially for gmod. This is a good idea but instead of people base camping, they would be spawn camping.

2 hours ago, AnthonyThwompus said:

How would you deal with people just camping the spawn areas?

Not to be rude but have to seen the recent update? the invincibility coming from spawn. that has tremendously helped. 

otherwise im moving this to accepted even though there was nothing really provided to help prevent this. 

• Like 1