Sits

MrLegs

In December there were 25 staff (with counted sits) that took a total of 6,388 reports (again counted sits). In a day about 206 sits taken and done every 8-9 minutes but that's not weighted out over the amount of sits taken during busy hours and dead hours on the server. If I had to guess it'd be 80-85% of those sits are done in about a 12hr period each day which would be 13-14 sits done each hour during that time, so about a sit every 5 so minutes which feels about on par from what I remember depending the situation.

There's two things I notice here and its that both @Vortex1and @MrLegsare right in their own respects. When I was staff all I did when I was on was be staff and had extremely little RP time, and although senior staff would tell me to relax a bit or let other staff handle reports for the night (which is okay to do btw), I do feel obligated to take them if I notice reports aren't being taken. I took 11.3% (of counted sits), and got extremely fucking burnt out and over it because I at least felt that "well the new staff usually takes the most sits so the more senior staff can relax a bit" but additionally "why the fuck am I taking so many sits when no one else will bother to claim them?". All staff see the same notification for a report, and its expected of staff to take the reports when they come in addition to checking the reports to see if there are any that are there not being dealt with. 

IMO I have noticed this a little bit recently when I've logged on in the evening in the last week, which isn't wrong for MrLeg to point out that they notice staff aren't taking reports, especially if its putting pressure on one or two staff out of 7-8 online that are taking them. As for myself, in the past week my reports were handled by about 2-3 staff so I recall. Though if those staff are also saying to you "hey sorry i'm the only one taking reports", they also need to reach out to the rest of the team to ask to take reports before Cyber Sword cock slams them. 

1 hour ago, 1998Corolla said:

In December there were 25 staff (with counted sits) that took a total of 6,388 reports (again counted sits). In a day about 206 sits taken and done every 8-9 minutes but that's not weighted out over the amount of sits taken during busy hours and dead hours on the server. If I had to guess it'd be 80-85% of those sits are done in about a 12hr period each day which would be 13-14 sits done each hour during that time, so about a sit every 5 so minutes which feels about on par from what I remember depending the situation.

There's two things I notice here and its that both @Vortex1and @MrLegsare right in their own respects. When I was staff all I did when I was on was be staff and had extremely little RP time, and although senior staff would tell me to relax a bit or let other staff handle reports for the night (which is okay to do btw), I do feel obligated to take them if I notice reports aren't being taken. I took 11.3% (of counted sits), and got extremely fucking burnt out and over it because I at least felt that "well the new staff usually takes the most sits so the more senior staff can relax a bit" but additionally "why the fuck am I taking so many sits when no one else will bother to claim them?". All staff see the same notification for a report, and its expected of staff to take the reports when they come in addition to checking the reports to see if there are any that are there not being dealt with. 

IMO I have noticed this a little bit recently when I've logged on in the evening in the last week, which isn't wrong for MrLeg to point out that they notice staff aren't taking reports, especially if its putting pressure on one or two staff out of 7-8 online that are taking them. As for myself, in the past week my reports were handled by about 2-3 staff so I recall. Though if those staff are also saying to you "hey sorry i'm the only one taking reports", they also need to reach out to the rest of the team to ask to take reports before Cyber Sword cock slams them. 

i completely agree with everything you said and understand both sides. but when it’s an almost everyday occurrence i feel bad for the one or two staff that are actually taking sits. kind of sucks for them because they don’t get to roleplay much either. Like i said with @Vortex1 i see his argument as well it just sucks for that staff member. The whole reason i started this topic is because of strongside taking the load of the sits that day with 8 staff on i counted. With over 100 people on. I get it’s a lot but it just sucks for them considering they don’t do this for a job or anything and it’s completely voluntary. 

Honestly I won’t agree or disagree with you but I will say I always try to help where I can. As someone who is a GameMaster, Mod I try to help players have fun as much as possible, it’s hard when we have so much minge going on during our peak ours which is when I mostly see you on / have spoken with you. In the average day I will take roughly 20 or more sits probably sitting on around 3-400 this month. I always want to help out with reports but I also like to play the game. There’s definitely been circumstances where every staff member should’ve taken a report and we haven’t, but I believe the good definitely outweighs the bad. We just try not to burn ourselves out.

We’re always looking to hire more staff, mostly everyone’s more than welcome to apply. This issue will more than likely never be solved unfortunately as there will always be times when maybe all the staff are busy or there are just too many reports at once. It sucks but it’s the truth. The only thing I can offer to help is  ask that more people apply, offer to help out.

I hope, even though you know this since we’re sorta friends, that I do strive to create an enjoyable experience on here for our players, unfortunately we can only just work as best as we can.

On 1/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, MrLegs said:

So ive been playing recently and realize that a lot of admins and mods on the server prefer to RP and sit AFK on rather than take sits. I was sitting here minding my own business and killed someone who took a gun from my shop without adverting. Then the guy proceeds to propblock my shop and i clip it as i usually do. So i kill him since no one is taking any sits. The guy then comes back multiple times after dying over and over again by the wrath of my awp and keeps propblocking. In this time i see other admins/mods typing in chat like nothing is going on while me and my buddy both put reports in. This seems to be a big issue on this server and so people are constantly in OOC complaining no one is taking their sits. Then the staff obvisouly pull out there trusty "Staff dont respond to ooc" advert bind and still dont take the sits. Then my buddy o pal Strongside/ Knightyear comes along and says "I cant be everywhere at once theres alot of sits." Still other staff are on typing in chat not helping him out. Its quite ridiculous if i might say. I get you guys are busy but typing in chat and printer farming rather than doing the job you applied for? crazy.

Also, this isnt directed towards anyone in particular more just every staff that does it lol so dont feel targeted

The situation you describe on the Garnet Gaming server is concerning, as players are reporting conflicts with others and receiving little to no assistance from the administrators and moderators. The fact that some staff members are seemingly engaged in other activities, such as typing in chat or farming printers, instead of taking sits to resolve player reports, is a significant issue.

In an online gaming community, it's important for staff members to be vigilant, responsive, and dedicated to their role in ensuring a fair and enjoyable environment for all players. When staff members neglect their responsibilities, it can lead to frustration and a negative experience for everyone on the server. This can even drive away players and harm the overall health of the community.

It's advisable to bring this issue up with the higher-ups in the server administration to see if there can be improvements made in terms of staff responsiveness and dedication. Informing them of the impact this lack of attention is having on the player base and the negative effects it can have on the server as a whole can help prompt action. If the situation remains unchanged, it may also be worth considering finding a more active and responsive server that better meets your needs and expectations.

Archived