Sits

MrLegs

So ive been playing recently and realize that a lot of admins and mods on the server prefer to RP and sit AFK on rather than take sits. I was sitting here minding my own business and killed someone who took a gun from my shop without adverting. Then the guy proceeds to propblock my shop and i clip it as i usually do. So i kill him since no one is taking any sits. The guy then comes back multiple times after dying over and over again by the wrath of my awp and keeps propblocking. In this time i see other admins/mods typing in chat like nothing is going on while me and my buddy both put reports in. This seems to be a big issue on this server and so people are constantly in OOC complaining no one is taking their sits. Then the staff obvisouly pull out there trusty "Staff dont respond to ooc" advert bind and still dont take the sits. Then my buddy o pal Strongside/ Knightyear comes along and says "I cant be everywhere at once theres alot of sits." Still other staff are on typing in chat not helping him out. Its quite ridiculous if i might say. I get you guys are busy but typing in chat and printer farming rather than doing the job you applied for? crazy.

Also, this isnt directed towards anyone in particular more just every staff that does it lol so dont feel targeted

• The Garnut

Honestly, I had a player come onto DarkRP as a "mystery shopper" (as well as the other servers in our Garry's Mod category) and I was genuinely impressed. Alot of luck comes into play as to who's taking your sit and the time of the day will determine how quickly your report is acknowledged. Would love to know during what hours you typically play?

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

Honestly, I had a player come onto DarkRP as a "mystery shopper" (as well as the other servers in our Garry's Mod category) and I was genuinely impressed. Alot of luck comes into play as to who's taking your sit and the time of the day will determine how quickly your report is acknowledged. Would love to know during what hours you typically play?

Literally almost all day est time. Even then they prefer to rp, type in chat, and sit afk. I truly don’t think people should be allowed to afk as jobs. I had an issue today where i wanted to be a meth cook and they were all afk for the most part. I think if you’re going to afk for credits or printer farming with bots (smh) you should do it as a citizen or something that has a high job limit. Kind of sucks when an admin can’t reconnect someone because they have a whole base set up. 

Sounds like a you problem. Staff (bellow manager) are allowed to RP whenever they feel like it as long as they complete enough sits per month. When you need a sit taken care of you gotta wait like everybody, sometimes it takes long, some other times they never get claimed. That’s how it’s always been.

4 minutes ago, Vortex1 said:

Sounds like a you problem. Staff (bellow manager) are allowed to RP whenever they feel like it as long as they complete enough sits per month. When you need a sit taken care of you gotta wait like everybody, sometimes it takes long, some other times they never get claimed. That’s how it’s always been.

I get that there allowed to rp whenever they want i’m all for that. but when there’s obviously only 1 staff actually taking sits with 80+ people on while others just sit either afk or sitting in a base kind of sucks for the other mod/ admin that do it ya know. like help a homie out and it gets people to stop complaining in ooc. 

• Forums Moderator
56 minutes ago, Vortex1 said:

I just want to clarify that this isn't correct

9dE99JU.png

While we as staff still RP like everyone else and enjoy having a blast, reports will always take priority over RP. In practice this means that all staff members who are active on the server should be helping take reports and if you see any staff members who are ignoring reports and continuing to RP, they can be reported by messaging a manager directly with your evidence or posting a forum report where it will be dealt with. (note that being legitimately AFK isn't being active, evidence would need to show they are engaging somehow).

On a personal note it's one of my pet peeves, because if we all simply chipped in to help then the individual burden (per staff member) would be lower, allowing everyone plenty of opportunity to RP between taking reports as they come in. Luckily we generally have a great staff team so I hope this occasion was a one-off.

• DarkRP Administration Team

3 hours ago, Vortex1 said:

just like motioned above me rp is #2 and sits/staffing is #1. as a staff member you swear a oath to do staffing things over rp. while rp is fun and all they have a job to do at the end of the day no matter how you look at it

22 minutes ago, Chawhead said:

just like motioned above me rp is #2 and sits/staffing is #1. as a staff member you swear a oath to do staffing things over rp. while rp is fun and all they have a job to do at the end of the day no matter how you look at it

They literally applied to do it. Makes no sense why they’d rather afk printer farm and rp instead of do something THEY wanted to do. blows my mind that i have to sometimes wait 10+ minutes for an rdm or a simple propblock. 

3 hours ago, ChrisRid said:
11 minutes ago, MrLegs said:

They literally applied to do it. Makes no sense why they’d rather afk printer farm and rp instead of do something THEY wanted to do

Because let’s say you’ve been helping take sits for a couple hours and you decide to do something else I feel as tough you should be able to play the server, without having to break your rp scenes every 2 minutes with the constant ‘’fear’’ of getting reported for it on the forums. It’s like yeah you’ve been helping us a lot but not to your maximum so we’ll punish you for it. Makes for a toxic work environment where if you, for whatever reason don’t feel like taking a sit you either have to act afk or disconnect from the server, to me it doesn’t make sense.

18 minutes ago, Vortex1 said:

Because let’s say you’ve been helping take sits for a couple hours and you decide to do something else I feel as tough you should be able to play the server, without having to break your rp scenes every 2 minutes with the constant ‘’fear’’ of getting reported for it on the forums. It’s like yeah you’ve been helping us a lot but not to your maximum so we’ll punish you for it. Makes for a toxic work environment where if you, for whatever reason don’t feel like taking a sit you either have to act afk or disconnect from the server, to me it doesn’t make sense.

Like i and rid and chaw have said. You can rp but sits come first. No need to be so toxic. And i’m not coming for anyone in specific just stating my opinion that sits comes first. I want the staff to roleplay. but when i’ve seen them sit for hours and not take a single sit that’s when i say something. like today. i messaged garnet on discord and informed him that there was over 100 people on for at least an hour and a half and i only saw strongside take sits. while there other staff on. typing in chat. or afk’ing. like a sit takes a few minutes and boom back to roleplay. No need to be so toxic on here when they applied for something that clearly says sits come before rp. once again not saying they can’t but they definitely don’t need to complain about people spamming in ooc or pm about taking their sit if there just doing nothing but running around or sitting in a base. 

1 minute ago, Vortex1 said:

I’m really not tho

I’m not gonna go back and forth on a forums post about staff wether you’re being toxic or not so feel free to add me on discord or leave it alone. I stated my opinion and you responded and stated yours. and i stated my opinion so that’s it. I just think it’s crazy that there are MULTIPLE staff on and only one taking sits. that’s all i’m saying. 

7 minutes ago, MrLegs said:

I’m not gonna go back and forth on a forums post about staff wether you’re being toxic or not so feel free to add me on discord or leave it alone.

Man you’re getting so pressed by this whole situation lmao, I just know that when my sit isn’t being taken care of I don’t go to the forums nor text the owner, goodnight Zzz

3 minutes ago, Vortex1 said:

Man you’re getting so pressed by this whole situation lmao, I just know that when my sit isn’t being taken care of I don’t go to the forums nor text the owner, goodnight Zzz

toxic comment is valid lol. What’s crazy is i wrote this while sitting jailed and noticed that strongside was the only staff doing anything and he was complaining he had no help. Garnet also commented on this topic and so i thought i’d give him an update. Goodnight tho babe xoxo 

Archived