MrLegs Moderator Application

MrLegs

In-game name: MrLegs
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:29438542
Warns: None at the moment, warned previously for little stuff, NLR etc.
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: 97:02:49.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Admin/Lead Admin on Defcon Nations Police RP for at least a year and a half. Admin as well on PresidentialRP for about a year. 
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

This is a great question I always enjoy answering these types of questions solely because I always love to be able to express what I can bring to the table for the community. Why should you choose me, besides the cliché answer that I'm on the server almost everyday for well over 3 hours, and the other stereotypical answer that I have past staffing experience, I bring a lot of fun and player handling skills to the server and Staffing situations. In real life I use to be a banker and worked for a very busy and large bank so dealing with stressful loads of work and disrespect is no issue with me, I in fact enjoy when the customer/player gets upset because it shows me that they actually care about the server and the rules and what's right so I want to work with them as much as possible to make sure there roleplay experience is well above the minimum they assume when they load into GarnetGaming. I'm a very active member on the forums and the server and try my best to be understanding when it comes to certain situations that go against the rules. I constantly help out new players when I see them break simple rules and tend to try to help them out before they get reported and dealt with by a staff member so they don't have to get a real punishment for something simple. I want the community to be more willing to come back and have a great time on the server as I do most days, although I'm older than a lot of people on this server I still want to make their time on the server as enjoyable as possible because I know when I younger, I had some great times on some classic darkrp servers and I'd like the new players to have the same feelings I do.

With that being said and with some of what I can offer, I just truly look forward to helping people as much as I can with sits. Most of the time when I'm on the server I usually run around and talk to people anyway instead of actually roleplaying or basing, so why not use that time I have, to do something that will benefit myself and the server as much as possible. I know the current staff is very helpful as it is right now, but one extra person definitely wouldn't hurt to have helping with sits to take the load off the staff members that have been doing enough as is. I always want the best for the community and strive to give that as much as I can. Buying VIP and being able to access adv dupe has drawn me even more into the server and to help new players and even old vets out by inviting them to base with me and giving them a place to start if they're new. Just being able to interact with the community a little more than I am right now and being able to answer questions and anything they need help with makes me feel better and more accomplished with my time on the server. I appreciate you taking the time to read over this long nonsense about how I can help with the role of staff and thank you for understanding that I can help with more things than one. I understand that this is a serious role and will do everything in my power to handle everything with seriousness and respect as I've been shown by other staff members. Thank you -MrLegs

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details Nope!
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: A lot of time, almost everyday noon est to well into the night.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Sports, Family, trying to keep myself sane.
Did you read the staff rules?: Yes. MrLegs.

Thank you again for taking the time to read over my application and I'm also hoping to be able to help the community more than I can now!

• Disagree 2

Initial Thoughts:

MrLegs has made a strong case for why they would make a good addition to the staff team on Garnet Gaming DarkRP. They highlight their previous experience as a staff member on other servers, including dealing with difficult players and handling administrative tasks. Additionally, they express a genuine desire to help the community and improve their roleplaying experience on the server.

Strengths:

Past staffing experience: MrLegs mentions that they have worked as an administrator or lead administrator on Defcon Nations Police RP and PresidentialRP, which is a positive sign of their experience in handling player reports and other in-game issues. This experience can be a valuable asset in understanding how to handle different situations that may arise while staffing on Garnet Gaming DarkRP.

Good communication skills: As a former banker, MrLegs has likely developed good communication skills, which are crucial for effective conflict resolution and player handling. The ability to handle stressful and potentially confrontational situations effectively is important for a staff member.

Active community member: MrLegs states that they are an active member on the server and the forums, and that they try to help out new players before they are reported. This proactive approach is a positive sign of their desire to contribute to the community and help maintain a positive environment on the server.

Dedication to the role: MrLegs states that they have a lot of time to contribute to the role, almost every day from noon to well into the night. This level of availability can be valuable in ensuring that there is always someone available to assist with player reports or in-game issues.

Video recording ability: MrLegs mentions that they have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos. While this is not a requirement for the role, having this ability can be useful in collecting evidence to support player reports or to provide proof of rule-breaking behavior.

Weaknesses:

Warns in the past: Although MrLegs currently has no warns, they mention that they have been warned previously for rule-breaking, such as NLR. This could indicate that they may struggle with following rules and could be a concern when it comes to upholding the standards of the server as a staff member.

Limited referral: MrLegs mentions that they don't have a referral from a current staff member. While this is not a requirement, a referral from someone who has worked with the applicant and can vouch for their abilities can be valuable in the selection process.

Neutral: 

MrLegs mentions that he is 21 years old, which is significantly older than the average age range of players on the server, which is estimated to be between 13 to 16 years old. This age difference can be seen as both a positive and a negative aspect for MrLegs' application.

On one hand, MrLegs' experience and maturity may be seen as a positive aspect, as he may be better equipped to handle difficult and stressful situations that arise as a staff member, compared to younger applicants who may be less equipped to handle such situations. This is further emphasized by MrLegs' previous work experience as a banker, where he had to deal with large amounts of work and disrespectful customers, which has prepared him well for the role of a staff member on the server.

On the other hand, the age difference may also be seen as a negative aspect, as MrLegs may not be as relatable to the younger players on the server, who form the majority of the player base. This may make it more difficult for MrLegs to effectively communicate with and understand the needs of the players on the server. Additionally, MrLegs' timezone may also be a disadvantage, as he is in the Eastern Standard Time (EST), which may not overlap with the peak playtimes of the majority of the players on the server, who are likely to be in different timezones.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, MrLegs has the potential to be a strong and effective staff member on Garnet Gaming DarkRP, but there are some areas that may require further consideration. It is important for MrLegs to continue to show their dedication and commitment to the role, and to be open to feedback and suggestions from the staff team and administrators. +1

• Like 3
  • Cringe 1
13 minutes ago, aproductivememberofsoceity said:

Initial Thoughts:

MrLegs has made a strong case for why they would make a good addition to the staff team on Garnet Gaming DarkRP. They highlight their previous experience as a staff member on other servers, including dealing with difficult players and handling administrative tasks. Additionally, they express a genuine desire to help the community and improve their roleplaying experience on the server.

Strengths:

Past staffing experience: MrLegs mentions that they have worked as an administrator or lead administrator on Defcon Nations Police RP and PresidentialRP, which is a positive sign of their experience in handling player reports and other in-game issues. This experience can be a valuable asset in understanding how to handle different situations that may arise while staffing on Garnet Gaming DarkRP.

Good communication skills: As a former banker, MrLegs has likely developed good communication skills, which are crucial for effective conflict resolution and player handling. The ability to handle stressful and potentially confrontational situations effectively is important for a staff member.

Active community member: MrLegs states that they are an active member on the server and the forums, and that they try to help out new players before they are reported. This proactive approach is a positive sign of their desire to contribute to the community and help maintain a positive environment on the server.

Dedication to the role: MrLegs states that they have a lot of time to contribute to the role, almost every day from noon to well into the night. This level of availability can be valuable in ensuring that there is always someone available to assist with player reports or in-game issues.

Video recording ability: MrLegs mentions that they have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos. While this is not a requirement for the role, having this ability can be useful in collecting evidence to support player reports or to provide proof of rule-breaking behavior.

Weaknesses:

Warns in the past: Although MrLegs currently has no warns, they mention that they have been warned previously for rule-breaking, such as NLR. This could indicate that they may struggle with following rules and could be a concern when it comes to upholding the standards of the server as a staff member.

Limited referral: MrLegs mentions that they don't have a referral from a current staff member. While this is not a requirement, a referral from someone who has worked with the applicant and can vouch for their abilities can be valuable in the selection process.

Neutral: 

MrLegs mentions that he is 21 years old, which is significantly older than the average age range of players on the server, which is estimated to be between 13 to 16 years old. This age difference can be seen as both a positive and a negative aspect for MrLegs' application.

On one hand, MrLegs' experience and maturity may be seen as a positive aspect, as he may be better equipped to handle difficult and stressful situations that arise as a staff member, compared to younger applicants who may be less equipped to handle such situations. This is further emphasized by MrLegs' previous work experience as a banker, where he had to deal with large amounts of work and disrespectful customers, which has prepared him well for the role of a staff member on the server.

On the other hand, the age difference may also be seen as a negative aspect, as MrLegs may not be as relatable to the younger players on the server, who form the majority of the player base. This may make it more difficult for MrLegs to effectively communicate with and understand the needs of the players on the server. Additionally, MrLegs' timezone may also be a disadvantage, as he is in the Eastern Standard Time (EST), which may not overlap with the peak playtimes of the majority of the players on the server, who are likely to be in different timezones.

Final Thoughts:

Overall, MrLegs has the potential to be a strong and effective staff member on Garnet Gaming DarkRP, but there are some areas that may require further consideration. It is important for MrLegs to continue to show their dedication and commitment to the role, and to be open to feedback and suggestions from the staff team and administrators. +1

This is such a great response and so in detail. As much of a troll you are on the forums this is really good and very much appreciated. I will be doing things much better in the future and following some of the things you’ve said in this post. Thank you for your input it is noted. 

2 hours ago, aproductivememberofsoceity said:

Initial Thoughts:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Neutral: 

Final Thoughts:

+1 Everything I need to say is already said here.

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Although you have been active in the community I would like to see those warns off your record especially when making a application. Your personality is awesome but I've also seen you become a bit agitated in game. As a staff you need to be able to deal with things calmly. 

• Cringe 1
  • Agree 2
3 hours ago, Chicaa21 said:

Although you have been active in the community I would like to see those warns off your record especially when making a application. Your personality is awesome but I've also seen you become a bit agitated in game. As a staff you need to be able to deal with things calmly. 

Completely understandable. As of now there are no warns on my record with /warnmenu I was just saying in the past. I like to be completely transparent and let the higher staff know i have been warned in the past

-1: Today I had my first impression of you and I only saw a slightly toxic attitude to put it in some way, while the app is good the previous mentioned problem overcomes the app, so I would suggest you to change that attitude if you want to represent the staff team properly. Good luck

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, Wendoly said:

-1: Today I had my first impression of you and I only saw a slightly toxic attitude to put it in some way, while the app is good the previous mentioned problem overcomes the app, so I would suggest you to change that attitude if you want to represent the staff team properly. Good luck

I appreciate the feedback and will duly note it, sorry about your experience with me i don't recall ever talking to you. I've seen you on but never talked! Hope to see you around! Thanks for the good luck.