I'm sure this will get -1ed by everyone I base with..

• DarkRP Administration Team
Description: Make using alt accounts against the rules.

Reasoning: So many people on the server use alt accounts to farm 20+ printers at a time. This causes a high pop that consists of mostly citizens which makes the server look bad, in my opinion. On top of that, the high pop on the server means that each player has less props, usually I'm fine with that as I feel it makes a lot of sense. However, when 10-25% of the players on the server aren't even real, those props that are being accounted for in the prop limit are completely wasted. Besides the issues that come up when it comes to server population, the level of unfairness in terms of makingmoney on the server is unreal. While utilizing one account's printers you can make approximately $200k an hour, however some players who have 10 alts or more can make $2mill an hour, or even more depending on how many alts are being used. The fact that this isn't already considered exploiting is beyond me. Maybe I'm being naive in believing that this is an issue that's even solvable, but since we can see who's using alt accounts to ban evade I would assume we'd be able to see who's using alt accounts for farming purposes. This is an issue that's been well known within the server since before I started playing and it's something that has been considered completely acceptable for reasons that I cannot understand. It has created a completely unfair environment where the economy and leveling system is easily exploited, prop limit is being completely wasted on accounts that aren't even playing, and it's a bad look for the server overall.

Additional Information: While I believe that utilizing alts in any way should be banned I'm willing to accept that many players, I'm sure, would disagree. I think a compromise would be to set a limit on the number of alts a player can use, doing so would lessen the impact that alt accounts are having on the server pretty significantly. I wont name names but the fact that some players are using 10-15 alts at a time should be considered exploiting and unacceptable overkill. I'm sure that many players are going to disagree with me but I felt like throwing this on the forums to see how others felt. 
Edited by hooboododoMartian
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 6

+1 Martian's Right. 

In the past there have been times where Alt farming was so bad my friends and I couldn't access the server because all the slots were taken.
This deterred me from spending real money in game for years because I couldn't rely on being able to log in to use the stuff after I bought it.

I'm unsure if DarkRP economy is ever fully balanceable, and I think printer farming is always going to have a drastic range for profit. selling printers in game and having them gifted to you will always mean someone has 20 printers and someone else has 2... But limiting alts would help balance this out, and it would probably increase the amount of player interactions regarding printer sales and also basing together and resource sharing.

Kinda unlikely, but people who can afford 20 Gmod accts and running them at the same time are probably the people most likely to buy ingame cash for irl money, so maybe we'd see an increase in Credit purchases too.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
3 hours ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

-1 if there was a problem with using alts, then I don't think they would be allowed 

There's a problem, they are just willing to make sacrifices to falsely inflate server pop

It's literally cheating. We can't have one partially denied suggestion that highlights how bots/alts actively hurt the server and then pretend on this one that they are completely fine

It's literally cheating. We can't have one partially denied suggestion that highlights how bots/alts actively hurt the server and then pretend on this one that they are completely fine. If we are honest with ourselves, the only reason besides server pop inflation that it is allowed is because if it became banned they'd end up having to ban a large percentage of top players and staff.

Edited by mossly
it is a secret ;)
  • Agree 2
5 hours ago, mossly said:

if it became banned they'd end up having to ban a large percentage of top players and staff.

I think if we put this into effect we’d definitely need a grace period where people can still use alts for a little while. We can’t just drop the rule and immediately put it into effect or a bunch of people would get banned without even knowing the rules exists. We’d need to advertise this rule heavily for a few weeks and make sure everyone knew about the change before fully implementing it, to ensure that the high level players knew to stop using alts.

• Agree 1
30 minutes ago, SweetNSaltyMama said:

Tbh… 

+1

Ive seen people complain that server is full when A LOT of accounts are ALTS and literally had to ask for an alt to be disconnected. 

We should def make the server autodisconnect an afk player (whoever has been afk the longest) when the server hits max

obviously with it being at least 1 hr afk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
58 minutes ago, mossly said:

We should def make the server autodisconnect an afk player (whoever has been afk the longest) when the server hits max

obviously with it being at least 1 hr afk

I like this idea but the main issue isn’t the server being full from too many alt accounts. The main issue is some players making money at a rate that’s unfair to other players. Even if we disconnect one account every time someone tries to join the server while the server is full, that’s not going to help the fact that many of the top players are logging several accounts in at a time in order to make $2mill+ every hour.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Ghostieee said:

Uhhh, W Holmes.

Don't take him away.

Neutral.

Don't worry Ghostieee, It seems like everyone is onboard with just having a small limit on alts rather than full ban.

I think one person taking up a tenth of the server slots is a bit too much, that seems like the main point being made here.

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Ghostieee said:

Uhhh, W Holmes.

Don't take him away.

Neutral.

I know, it’s just unfair that some players are able to make money at a rate that’s absolutely ridiculous. You actually play on your alt account though which I don’t mind.

• Agree 2