DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

I'm sure this will get -1ed by everyone I base with..

• The Garnut

I read 1 sentence into @Corbzz's post, facepalmed, and stopped reading.

Our server has hit 128/128 for years before alting was even an idea in people's head, and anybody who claims that "alters are the only reason we hit these pops" is a moron. I won't deny that alting is a meta that is helpful to the server in some ways, because at the end of the day we are competing with servers who do not have any alting culture, and as such resort to LITERALLY botting their servers.

I personally see no issue with alters using their alts in order to farm printers for themselves, but the moment that money gets into circulation, it becomes an issue. I really don't see myself disallowing alters in the near future, but I do see myself and @Proggy cracking down on alters who are trying to sell DarkRP cash like it's RuneScape gold. WITH THAT BEING SAID, to address some of the noted concerns in this thread, IE: lower prop limits, or a full server, here is how we will address both:

A) Prop limits being negatively affected by a fuller server isn't necessarily a bad thing, however, I can understand people wanting quite a bit more props. Roughly 2 months ago, we have increased our overall prop limit by anywhere from 25 to 5 depending on the time of the day, this was done to the fact I MASSIVELY boosted server performance with optimzations. As of today, we switched to a much more powerful machine, that can easily handle more server tasks. Our hardware is literally OVERKILL.

B) When it comes to our server being full, I have firstly raised the limit back up to 128 from 118. Secondly, I may create a system where if a player has been online for over 24 hours and does not have any printers spawned in (IE: if somebody was raided while alting) they will be kicked for the reason "Prolonged AFK session with a full server" in the event that there is a queue. 

HALFLY ACCEPTED?

• 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 2