To "Delta Force"

7 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

If a faction leader is going to enforce a quota to do debriefs then the plan should be a plan. In this situation, I suggested a multitude of options to the DF Operator in question and he completely ignored me.

What questions were you asking? If it's about when they call it, they call 9 mins before war if no one else calls it. Remember those times people would argue about leading the war and officers were eager to lead? That's the goal of mandating the war leading to the enlisted.

10 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

Sure, but as one singular team that interacts with each other nearly every day are you telling me you never found suspicions. Lets talk about Deluxe/old scarecrow, He was a DF for quite a long time, long enough of a time for someone to put the pieces together

11 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

I'm afraid the anecdotes I have heard do not support what you are stating. When I typed interrogation I mean that he was trying to discover the source of the information, rather then evaluate the information itself.

No one wants to play Telephone, if we want to hear the issue, we want to go who has the issue with us. Issues get solved if you actually speak to the right person, not a middleman giving out misinformation.

Was this thread even approved by any other SEAL? To slam another friendly faction of US SOCOM? Get more and more opinions from other US factions to better understand what we are doing.

This is GMOD, not ARMA. If people minge on a GMOD server, we get it, but it's just DF is so serious that people will call out anything slightly mingey from our members. Yeah but all we could do really is stay in base, talk to others, triple jump to the top of DB building, duel, and nothing else if there is no officer on.  We don't have the tools, the resources on the server to do serious RP like what everyone wants from us, all that would do is to make us quiet to make us look like edgelords, use military callouts on the radio, or all of us become Ruin where we tell soldiers to fuck off whenever they are in the way or doing something slightly stupid. 

Someone explain why this faction is getting shit talked so damn much? Don't give me the minge answer, we heard it already

45 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

Before I begin maneuvering your post I thanks because despite the fact that 

you were able to open up my viewpoint of Delta Force and provide an opening for interesting conversation. To be honest, I'd thought this conversation would be with Spectre but whatever I suppose.

The "On paper" was a viewpoint I had and I'm sure many other US had before taking a good look at the attitudes of Delta Force Operators or got to know them. I realized that after playing along side Vega members there was a bunch of extra stuff to truly be a symbol of martial pride and skill.

If a faction leader is going to enforce a quota to do debriefs then the plan should be a plan. In this situation, I suggested a multitude of options to the DF Operator in question and he completely ignored me.

I agree, the public image can be worked on. How much time should we wait for DF to fix their image? Days? Weeks? Months?  I believe that the course of actions I have suggested below will provide an immediate correction to this very problem.

I agree, there is the bad leadership style and the good leadership style. These two fundamental styles are different. For a faction like Delta Force that has a image to uphold it would be better to enter in individuals that have the good leadership style suited for this task. 

The thing about Vega and DF is that when Vega does go out to an objective on their own, they communicate very well either in TS at the RU War Room or in radio. I'm afraid DF does not do that.

I agree, everyone is biased. However, when you start giving people extra time in tryout sections just to make them pass or let certain individual minge around and say the circumstances are different for them, that's when we have a problem.

Sure, but as one singular team that interacts with each other nearly every day are you telling me you never found suspicions. Lets talk about Deluxe/old scarecrow, He was a DF for quite a long time, long enough of a time for someone to put the pieces together. 

I agree, if you want to change your weapons to pursue a new purpose that's cool. But I see personally more complaints about what they are working with rather then suggesting new weapons outright with odd reasoning,in my opinion, behind it and when someone points something wrong with their arguments they will tantrum in the comments and I suppose now in the reputations.

I'm afraid the anecdotes I have heard do not support what you are stating. When I typed interrogation I mean that he was trying to discover the source of the information, rather then evaluate the information itself.

Spectre has made it a prerequisite for his tryout(quotation below) for positive community reputation on forums when several of his operators are at negative reputation; with one operator in particular having to create a new account to resolve this.

I did not mention several of your points because some of your counter arguments were similar enough that an appropriate response has been written previously to the second mentioning of a counter argument. Thank you for conversing with me! I await your response.

Hey it's the hackerman itself, just to be clear I was hacking from the 2 weeks that I got banned. You can ask lua I told him the story, never hacked in DF. You can ask any of the old DF, I was quite bad at sniping..... got better in DF and as soon I resigned I couldn't really get back in my  flow, which lead the reason why I hack.... Cuz I couldn't hit a sniper shot... what I'm saying is don't let my actions put an bad image on DF because during my time in DF (wasn't hacking at all)  I got better and once I left I went back to my old ways..... again cuz I couldn't hit a shot..... 

Edited by Lust | TGN
51 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

I did not mention several of your points because some of your counter arguments were similar enough that an appropriate response has been written previously to the second mentioning of a counter argument. Thank you for conversing with me! I await your response.

I both barred my operators and had to restrain myself from responding to this post for various reason. The main reason is because a lot of the issues you have brought up could have been resolved in a nice TeamSpeak chat between us. I didn’t realize the problem needed to be escalated to forums so quickly because frankly the only critic of my leadership was phantom who would openly join my channel and discuss the problems with me in person. And that’s exactly what I plan to do with you, Shrugger. You’re invited to a teamspeak meeting with me, phantom, and the entirety of Delta Force so we can discuss the concerns you have so strongly listed in this forum post. Consider this my one and only response. I look forward to the chat we are going to have tonight. 🙂

Edited by SamSlayer | GarnetGaming.net
6 minutes ago, My name is GEO said:

What questions were you asking? If it's about when they call it, they call 9 mins before war if no one else calls it. Remember those times people would argue about leading the war and officers were eager to lead? That's the goal of mandating the war leading to the enlisted.

No one wants to play Telephone, if we want to hear the issue, we want to go who has the issue with us. Issues get solved if you actually speak to the right person, not a middleman giving out misinformation.

Was this thread even approved by any other SEAL? To slam another friendly faction of US SOCOM? Get more and more opinions from other US factions to better understand what we are doing.

This is GMOD, not ARMA. If people minge on a GMOD server, we get it, but it's just DF is so serious that people will call out anything slightly mingey from our members. Yeah but all we could do really is stay in base, talk to others, triple jump to the top of DB building, duel, and nothing else if there is no officer on.  We don't have the tools, the resources on the server to do serious RP like what everyone wants from us, all that would do is to make us quiet to make us look like edgelords, use military callouts on the radio, or all of us become Ruin where we tell soldiers to fuck off whenever they are in the way or doing something slightly stupid. 

Someone explain why this faction is getting shit talked so damn much? Don't give me the minge answer, we heard it already

"Minge" answer. Great way to disregard people that are trying to explain the problem. To my understanding, the whole of US (at least the leaders) have a problem with you and your faction. It's actually troublesome with all the negative feedback I have been given. And the problem has been addressed over and over. I have spoken to Spectre multiple times about it and I have even told him face to face that all that I say seems to go in one ear and out the other. I have done the exact same thing with many leaders of different factions. Take Delphin for example. I discussed with him the problem with his faction multiple times and he actively listened and sounded like he actually wanted to make a change and take my advice, which he did with great humility. The difference with Spectre is (or at least I think) that he is too stubborn because he probably thinks he has been around for so long that he thinks he knows best and that there is an issue if he has to take advice from others. In fact, just by the sound of his voice when it happened, he had an incredibly hard time removing PumpOG from his faction, despite all the negative things that kid did for his faction. He befriends his guys, which is a great thing, but he holds up way too many biases and can't make correct judgement calls from the position of a leader when they are necessary. That is what makes him a weak leader.

As for the "we need to look serious and do sims all day and be good at the game" mantra, no you don't. You don't need to act like "edgelords" or continuously do sims to "get better" or look like you are doing something for US. The point of the server is to have fun. There is a difference between having fun and being a minge. I think DF operators should be allowed to fuck around a bit in base, like getting into non-serious RP discussions with other faction members without having to worry about their proper "RP etiquette." Taking a faction too seriously is actually what makes a faction look mingy and "edgy." That's what you don't want. 

As for who is let into the faction, that is one of the main issues of DF. Players with sub-60 hours who could just shoot a gun well were let in. Players who faction hopped a lot were let in. Players who were previously blacklisted from 1-2 factions were let in. I attended a tryout where 2 players passed when they failed on at least 3 different occasions and were given leeway when others weren't just because they "like" them or at least just wanted more members in. I've said this multiple times, doing that will make your faction bad. You gotta let them fail until they truly pass so they don't get a sense of entitlement and will actually appreciate their position when they do actually get in. I know it's a gmod server but I've found that I have gotten the best faction members/friends by doing this. 

With all that I have been told and what I have seen, I really should just remove Spectre. However, there is a saving grace for him, and it's right in his very own training guideline. Follow the same standards you are trying to place on potential recruits on your own guys. Not doing so makes you look like a hypocrite. The guys in your factions with bad negative reputation are hurting your faction. Yes, some -rep is unearned, but the guys in your faction who have it have earned it. They are a stain on your faction. Make the choice if you wish to run a better faction.

• 300 IQ 2
  • Spicy 1
9 minutes ago, Shrugger said:

As much as I appreciate it, I'd rather not go into a TS room with a shit ton of pissed and angered off people who will barrage me with questions until I unavoidably make a mistake. Just from the TS messages I have received and prior forum posts from DF members I have a rough idea what will happen to me should I decide to enter in. 

Considering this, I will have to decline your invitation to lynch me. Thank you!

Oh you have nothing to worry about, my guys aren’t upset, they are concerned, the same as me. It makes me wonder, however, if you really wish to help improve my faction why would you not join this meeting so we can talk and improve the faction? You seemed very adamant on making this post, so I strongly recommend you join us, so I don’t miss any points or issues. 

1 hour ago, Shrugger said:

As much as I appreciate it, I'd rather not go into a TS room with a shit ton of pissed and angered off people who will barrage me with questions until I unavoidably make a mistake. Just from the TS messages I have received and prior forum posts from DF members I have a rough idea what will happen to me should I decide to enter in. 

Considering this, I will have to decline your invitation to lynch me. Thank you!

That seems counterintuitive to your post. I think if you genuinely want change, why not be there in TS? The emotions of those you're talking about shouldn't be the main point of whether you should go or not. 

• 300 IQ 1
17 hours ago, Shrugger said:

Delta Force Player Choice

many negative reputation count users are Delta Force operators or ex-operators: Vagabond/Vain(Arizona/Silent), Xeon(PumpOG),  while they engage in a war in +reputation themselves while -1 reputation  their "enemies".

Well said,  I really don't think the people who are having a race for the most negative rep should be in the "best faction on the us side". Spicy post ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Cold Soldier said:

Step 1: Take a format used for a really good argument.

Step 2: Have Green Beret officers be mingy. (Stated by garnet)

Step 3: Profit.

Step 4:  Post this on a page about DF and serve no purpose at all other than an attempt to start drama.

• Like 3