Jbh's Comprehensive Starter guide to Money Printing

Introduction

As a long time player I have seen an evolution of printer farming with multiple changes to the system and feel as if I have optimized a few good methods to getting some quick gains for players with a moderate starting stack and really high gains for those with a large cash stack.

Prerequisites

1. Being able to max your printers

• Option 1- Buy VIP and max them yourself honestly worth it if you are going to be playing on the server long term anyways
  • Option 2- Get a VIP to max your printers(This is a cheat code people used to do this all the time but no one does this anymore)
    • Advert you would like someone to upgrade your printer and will pay them 10-20k extra per printer. Make them advert raid and advert raid over so they can not steal or harm you or your printers. You are done now you have VIP printers without VIP

2. A safe Base

Additionally a very hidden base would work, though its hard if you are going to be buying a lot of printers.

3. Starting Cash Stack

This guide will cover two primary ways you can farm printers one requiring far less cash my recommendations for each method are as follows:

Cheap Method-1mil

Expensive method- 4-5mil

The Cheap Method

1. Overview

The cheap method relies around buying claimed printers that you know will last for two hours this allows you to buy printers for a much lower cost than normal overnight or 5+ hour printers. A couple of things that will make your experience more enjoyable while doing this is to build a base close to spawn, the further away from spawn the less people you will be able to get into your base and buy their printers.

2. How to do it

Step 1- Place your own printers down and upgrade them to max in both speed and quantity( This just gives you guaranteed income and probably doesnt even need to be stated)

Step 2.1- Source claimed printers you can do this a in a few ways first as mentioned buy printers from lower level players who need some starting cash as well as just general players but just know that you will have to pay more to someone with a large cash stack than you would someone who is broke. I try to buy claims for between 40-75k for both printers anything lower feels predatory to new players anything higher isn't worth it for the profit.

Step 2.2- The second option you have for sourcing claimed printers is raiding, if you have some friends this can easily get you 10+ printers in 30 minutes which equates to almost 2 million in profit over the course of the printers lives. Choose to raid bases that you know have printers and are able to be raided. Sure you can come raid me and try to get my 40 printers but lets be real bases that are built well like yours should be shouldnt be on your target list when printer farming, aim for small bases that will have between 2-6 printers.

Step 3- Maximizing your cash requires that you do not let any money go to waste when the claimed printers blow up and to do this I have a method that works 99.9% of the time if you follow it. As soon as you get a printer claim it and upgrade it to max from there DO NOT COLLECT until 190-195k. You know that after 2 hours the print will blow up a maxed printer will get 200k per 2 hours which means that if you just let the printer stack you can always have an accurate timer. You do lose xp for this and if you are trying to go for xp definetly do just claim at 100-125k but i would suggest just writing down on a notepad when you got each printer and organizing your rack so that you can do this.

Step 4- Rinse and repeat, this really is the full strat its not hard and can get you millions per hour if you are effective at sourcing printers.

The Expensive Method

1. Overview

The expensive method relies on you being able to source printers from established community members for mulitple hours and overnight so that you can make a fuck ton of money for lack of better words. What this method is expensive to start for a few reasons. First is you are buying printers for between 100k-200k per printer without upgrades this puts you in a sizable debt before you can even start recouping your money(I dont turn a profit until usually hour 2-4).

2. How to do it 

Step 1- Create an advert bind( to be able to notify players you are buying printers. This is done with this command in console | bind b "say /advert Buying printers 5+ hours /pm me" | You should customize this and make it your own something important with this bind is that you should let players know that you only want printers that will be active for a decent amount of time. You will not buy printers that you can not guarantee will last 3 hours. Once you have a cash stack this won't matter as much and you can take more risks from newer players who you can't trust as well because you have the cash to burn. But when you are just starting if a level 3 with 2 hours approaches you do not buy their printers unless you buy and instantly claim.

Step 2- Create a base of common customers, you should be really nice and accommodating to players who sell their printers to you, just like any buisness you need these people to come back to you the next time you are farming and more importantly you need them to sell their prints to you over someone else. This is something that I have gotten very good at and it is really the simple things such as giving them a bit more than you or they offered for a printer. Seeing they are low on cash and giving them some, just saying hi or messaging them if they will be selling prints etc. Doing this allows you to very easily get prints every time you want to farm.

Step 3- Profit, I would suggest that you claim at 100-125k as this is the best for XP but this method is also very simple but just relies on using your brain a little bit.

Common issues 

Issue 1- Someone is paying more than you for prints

Unfortunately this is why we call this method the expensive method if you arent comfy paying a lot for prints you won't be able to buy printers, I have paid up to 1 million for printers that I knew would be active overnight. The logic and reasoning behind this is that I had over 40 printers making 4 mil an hour, I can burn 1 mil of my hourly profits to increase that profit in the next hour. This is basic business you can burn your profit stream as long as you do not dip into your savings.

Issue 2- You are getting raided

Building a better base is the only way to prevent this. Additionally you should always have eyes on your base dont leave your base for 20 minutes and expect it to be ok when you are back make sure you are within audible keypad crack distance or never leave that range for longer than a few minutes.

Issue 3- I Have printers that have coolers popping off every few minutes how do i sync them

Easy solution you can buy coolers when you already have one installed, every time you get a new printer while you have under 10 just sync every cooler, once you have more than 10 printers every new printer you buy buy the cooler and when the coolers on your already existing printers pop sync the new ones that will have coolers already installed.

Issue 4- My printers are everywhere how do you manage 40 printers

Printer racks are king- There are many different printer racks here is a link to one that I endorse and use 

Extra tips from @ChrisRid

- A fully upgraded printer costs roughly $100k to buy and fully upgrade, and produces roughly $100k per hour. This means it takes 1 hour to break even, so 2 hours of farming will double your investment.
- This also means the first hour is the most important, in terms of defending your base from raiders, because after that at least you'll break even worst-case
- Coolers need to be replaced every 30 minutes on the dot, and when they break, you have 5 minutes to replace them before they blow up! Using a timer (like Google) really helps keep track of this.
- The most efficient route to level-up for low level players (1-30) is to take very frequently from the printers, given XP doesn't carry over between levels. For example, if you're level 1 and took $200k from a printer, you'd be level 2, whereas if you took multiples of $5k you'd probably jump to level 10+ (haven't done the math to confirm exactly how high you'd go, but as an example)
- When buying printers off others, price is one of many factors to consider. Are they well known amongst other farmers for being trustworthy? Are they quick to setup / drop their printers? Are they available to replace lost printers over the duration of your farming session for a fee? Will they help you place and upgrade them for an additional fee? 

Closing Thoughts

While I may not be the richest player on the server yet 😉 In my past week playing on the server again I have jumped from 1 million to 100 million doing these methods, My one true calling on Garnet is printer farming, as most of you know i'm not really a role-player you'll catch me messing around here an there with some buddies on the streets but most of the time I am kept up in my base printer farming and that is because I love it, I don't know why but god damn do those numbers in the top of my screen increasing every time I collect is an instant serotonin release and not to mention every time getting on trying to beat my personal record for most printers at once.

https://imgur.com/a/ilgEa5q

A Note on Alts

There is one thing that is omitted from this guide very purposefully and that is alts, the goal of this guide is to create a basic framework for newer players and veteran players who just roleplay to learn how to print in general, if you know what alts are you know they will increase your printing speed significantly myself and almost every other top printer uses them, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT NECESSARY unless you are really trying to push into the hundreds of millions relatively quick. If you dont know what im talking about its ok don't worry about it :). If you always thought that alts were needed for printer farming and that was the reason you hadn't done it you should really give it a go you can still make tens of millions in days.

The true benefit of printer farming

The amount of friends I have met from printer farming is amazing, and the friendships you build while sitting in a base doing nothing but popping coolers are genuinely awesome. My best friends on the sever all come from printer farming and honestly if I just had to sit in my base and printer farm alone I would be a little sad so my suggestion to you is to find some friends to do it with as it makes it even more enjoyable. Huge shout out to @Oyasumi@tdizz @Harm@GNCActno(even though you are an actual fucking gambling addict) Each of yall have made my printer farming experience a lot better and I hope everyone can find some friends like Y'all 🙂

Edited by Jbhh
Formating changes :)
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 2

This is an excellent guide. For some people this might seem like common knowledge but most player don't know all of this. Thank you for making this!

1 hour ago, Hama said:

trying to beat my personal record for most printers at once.

Also I was curious, what is the most printers you've personally had to yourself? Mine is 83, I don't think I'll ever beat that honestly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
7 minutes ago, Vortex1 said:

This is an excellent guide. For some people this might seem like common knowledge but most player don't know all of this. Thank you for making this!

Also I was curious, what is the most printers you've personally had to yourself? Mine is 83, I don't think I'll ever beat that honestly.

Back when I played a year and a half ago I got up to 78 that was also pre claims though. Goal is 100 with claims and I think it’s doable 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Hama said:

Back when I played a year and a half ago I got up to 78 that was also pre claims though. Goal is 100 with claims and I think it’s doable 

The 20 minutes timer was the real challenge back then, ifykyk

• Winner 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

This is a truly fantastic guide! 🙂 I think this will really help a lot of people who are new to farming

Just a few notes from back when I used to farm a lot:
- A fully upgraded printer costs roughly $100k to buy and fully upgrade, and produces roughly $100k per hour. This means it takes 1 hour to break even, so 2 hours of farming will double your investment.
- This also means the first hour is the most important, in terms of defending your base from raiders, because after that at least you'll break even worst-case
- Coolers need to be replaced every 30 minutes on the dot, and when they break, you have 5 minutes to replace them before they blow up! Using a timer (like Google) really helps keep track of this.
- The most efficient route to level-up for low level players (1-30) is to take very frequently from the printers, given XP doesn't carry over between levels. For example, if you're level 1 and took $200k from a printer, you'd be level 2, whereas if you took multiples of $5k you'd probably jump to level 10+ (haven't done the math to confirm exactly how high you'd go, but as an example)
- When buying printers off others, price is one of many factors to consider. Are they well known amongst other farmers for being trustworthy? Are they quick to setup / drop their printers? Are they available to replace lost printers over the duration of your farming session for a fee? Will they help you place and upgrade them for an additional fee? 

8 hours ago, ThatManFaded said:

all this, to get raided 10 mins later 😞

It's always horrible getting raided! I've been there myself after going AFK for a few minutes lol. I think it's important to nail down a really good base design if you're planning on spending some time farming, and once you've built something really decent, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to defend it even without perks or donator weapons. I tested this a while ago with one of my bases, and chose to only use the HK pistol (cheapest gun to buy in the game) and it held up well. My biggest problem is going AFK though, I'd go make a coffee or make dinner and come back to no printers lmao

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
3 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

This is a truly fantastic guide! 🙂 I think this will really help a lot of people who are new to farming

It's always horrible getting raided! I've been there myself after going AFK for a few minutes lol. I think it's important to nail down a really good base design if you're planning on spending some time farming, and once you've built something really decent, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to defend it even without perks or donator weapons. I tested this a while ago with one of my bases, and chose to only use the HK pistol (cheapest gun to buy in the game) and it held up well. My biggest problem is going AFK though, I'd go make a coffee or make dinner and come back to no printers lmao

If someone hasn't already, we should make a guide on how to properly and securely make a base!

1 hour ago, ThatManFaded said:

If someone hasn't already, we should make a guide on how to properly and securely make a base!

There is a good video but not really a written guide. I might have to make one 🙂

8 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

These are some great tips! as a long time player I forget the minutia some times of even the most basic things, In my base guide I am going to try to work in some of this style of tips as well. 🙂

• Like 1
On 3/3/2023 at 9:47 AM, ChrisRid said:

Added these to the guide with credit ofc 🙂 such good tips