[MRP] Removal of Reserves

Reynolds

13 hours ago, Smity_ said:

I like this, This is what I feel about them also. I think something should change about them instead of completely removing them.

I was reading this and had that exact idea while there are some problems with reserves I believe the pro’s outweigh the cons. Reserves not only keeps long term players interested but it also allows them in the right circumstances to mentor, help, and better factions. For instance there was a period of time in taliban and 2ga where we were lacking in active officers and people from reserves like soldier would literally get on just to help with tryouts or warleading with no benefits so this is what I propose.

Make the rules to obtain reserves more strict. Players imo should only be allowed to apply for reserves when they have met the rank of captain in SOC and Major or LTCOL in base faction this keeps players motivated to continue to support the faction their in instead of tapping out once they get officer. Originally you weren’t allowed reserves for the same side idk what happen to this rule but I think at the very least US forces should not be allowed same side reserves due to afghans low pop.

TL DR -1 MAKE CHANGES INSTEAD LISTED ABOVE

(to lazy to revise this so sorry for any typos)

Edited by Horseyyy
  • Agree 2
  • Community Director

While I do agree with the suggestion that a change needs to be made - largely for the reasons you pointed out @Reynolds. I think others like ( @PraetorDon@Smity_and I can't believe I'm saying this @Horseyyy ) have very valid points/counter-suggestions for how it should be handled. You don't need to remove them entirely, just fix the fact that there are factions with 30+ people on reserves and it's being shelled out to people who are still playing, just on another side, with no intention of coming back/helping again. If your keyboard is broken you fix/replace it, you don't get rid of your PC.

There are definitely valid reasons someone needs to go on reserves, effective uses for them, etc. The system with-out-a-doubt devolved from it's original purpose and got a bit too much of a contest of who's friends with who. As opposed to previously mentioned, who deserves and/or needs them, as well as who's actually going to come back and help at a later date.

+1 to the idea the the current system needs an overhaul and it's gotten a bit out-of-hand.
-1 to the proposed solution, there have been better counter-suggestions in the thread.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

All you have to do is be involved as staff, assuming existing staff are competent, and vet who is getting reserves and in what faction. Come up with your own criteria that enables X or Y to get reserves instead of the straightforward easy "hit 2ndLt." A couple executives tried pushing for this before but it got shot down and when we tried damage controlling reserves people effected threw a fit. (Green Beret circa 2019-2020) Maybe this time around y'all can get it under control.

For the posts having the criteria "ideas" limited to "Up the rank to X or Y from 2ndLt" historically it doesn't work and you regress to having the same problem you have now. (All this is is moving the goalpost further back) People will do the bare minimum to hit that rank, as seen since that change was put in place, and resign soon after. No offense to anybody but majority of officers that have held reserves likely were a name and a face in a faction who did nothing good but also didn't do anything bad which is all but too common but is and has been the norm for a long time. (Fixable but needs proactive behavior from staff which might not be favorable with players)

Edited by Jackal
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
12 hours ago, Jackal said:

All you have to do is be involved as staff, assuming existing staff are competent, and vet who is getting reserves and in what faction. Come up with your own criteria that enables X or Y to get reserves instead of the straightforward easy "hit 2ndLt." A couple executives tried pushing for this before but it got shot down and when we tried damage controlling reserves people effected threw a fit. (Green Beret circa 2019-2020) Maybe this time around y'all can get it under control.

MFW (My Face When) Jackal comes out of retirement

cover3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I have yet to comment on this, but Reynolds you have put up a valid argument on why the reserves system is flawed and I applaud you for that.

But reserves can incentivize going for officer in a faction and committing yourself to that faction for a while. If you want reserves, you go for it. However, I personally think the reserves system could possibly raise requirements to apply, maybe CPT+ because that’s higher officer ranks in my opinion. And people who accomplish that rank are more deserving of reserves and have higher chances of coming back to that faction.

At the same time, I will say that faction leaders can have some say in this, they can control what reserves get submitted and what can’t.

However, I will stay neutral to the fact because I think reserves are necessary, but to an extent. Thank you, Reynolds, for taking notice to this flawed system! This argument was very interesting to read.

• Like 3
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team

0, I do agree it should be harder but not removed, I have resigned from US Base faction before and yes it kinda was a long while of being "out of touch" with leadership and overall documentation changes. But at the same time, when someone leaves it is up to them to either adapt from their experiences moving towards the present, over remaining in the past. When a reserves player is acting towards the negative on a whole faction, it comes to the leaders notifying staff for a proposed removal. Very inbetween on this.