StarwarsRP Update [03/30/2023]

Just made a account to comment, don't know if it is against the rules to comment on update posts but figured it'd just be not approved if not.

The NPCs tend to be roided as all get out in terms of sniping you through trees and walls with no real way to avoid them in some instances. So, I think the 'agro no matter what range' with their near pin point accuracy isn't a good idea. If damage / accuracy over all is reduced then it's fine, but one of the few saving graces was sniping them from a far to not instantly die.

Sincerely, the person who gets one shotted by everything.

• Community Director
1 hour ago, Angrysteel said:

Just made a account to comment, don't know if it is against the rules to comment on update posts but figured it'd just be not approved if not.

The NPCs tend to be roided as all get out in terms of sniping you through trees and walls with no real way to avoid them in some instances. So, I think the 'agro no matter what range' with their near pin point accuracy isn't a good idea. If damage / accuracy over all is reduced then it's fine, but one of the few saving graces was sniping them from a far to not instantly die.

Sincerely, the person who gets one shotted by everything.

Just to clarify It's not "argo no matter what range", it's "agro if you damage them or get too close" - don't want to be engaged back? Don't shoot and don't be too close. But as @Theos mentioned accuracy is controlled to a degree by GMs. 

2 hours ago, Nutter said:

Prefixes

Recreated the chat prefix system to integrate it with DarkRP's code, allowing for usergroup tags to be placed AFTER the channel of communications used, prioritizing users being able to quickly identify what communication channel is being used

99cad1de6ad27d51f340a60c53b1bb49.png

My OCD can finally stop malding.

-----

Thanks for the update! One of the larger updates we've had in a while, a good mix of QOL and new content!

7 hours ago, AlexConway said:

Just to clarify It's not "argo no matter what range", it's "agro if you damage them or get too close" - don't want to be engaged back? Don't shoot and don't be too close. But as @Theos mentioned accuracy is controlled to a degree by GMs. 

7 hours ago, Theos said:

NPC Accuracy can be adjusted by GMs, so with this I'll be reminding them to be aware of that

I don't think I was able to properly explain what I meant at the time, but the fact that the GMs can manage accuracy is great.

Was mainly referencing the times where outside of main base where we'd go out on patrols we'd get sniped through the mountain walls and trees with no ability to fight back at times when we never saw or attacked them in the first placed. Getting mauled down repeatedly just trying to regroup was a bit of a nightmare. Couple this was the new changes, I just feared a mix of infinite ranged wall hax style NPCs with new agro mechanics that would make them more impossible to take down. As I've personally never saw a real issue with the range of NPC's agro range as most, well... Kill me across map outside of my own possible range with pin point accuracy. But, I'm also new so one can run into rare issues that aren't common when ones sample pool is too small.

This probably greatly depends on the GM/Event hoster if they can tune this to that degree. 

That being said, the idea as a whole I don't dislike. In fact it makes generally more sense and is a overall positive. Just the hint of terrifying NPC accuracy with Agro chances spawned my complaint.

Sometimes I wonder if I am just not high enough level and need to buy more HP? But, if I need to farm EXP to just get to a playable state that is a different issue I suppose.

Sincerely, the person with bad NPC luck.

• Informative 1
  • Community Director
15 hours ago, Angrysteel said:

mountain walls and trees with no ability to fight back at times when we never saw or attacked them in the first placed

Ah thanks for clarifying. Trees are hard because of the foliage/leaves so not much done there, as for mountain walls - definitely should not be the case, if you can grab a video and post them in the #bug-reports channel of the SWRP Discord, of any specific areas/instances. We can have them looked at! 

Thanks for the reply :)!