DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MilitaryRP] Removal and Conversion of B&C Certification

Towelieee

Certifications have been a part of MilitaryRP since I can last remember, however, these certifications are HEAVILY under utilized because of tryouts never being held and people using them for the wrong reasons (minging, out of character scenarios, etc.). I think that certifications can be converted into something that can limit minge use and make them used more in the server overall:

Example 1: The Breaching Charge

With the removal of certifications, there are new possibilities that can be made with class changes, such as breaching charges. Breaching charges can be a fun new mechanic that can be added to CQC faction whitelists for numerous reason, such as:

• Fitting the ‘niches' for the average breach and clear SOC factions (TSFU (or 055h, however you see it) and Green Beret).
  • Putting them on CQC styled classes for easy use of getting into OBJ and clearing it out.
  • Creating an entirely new game mechanic to the server, breaching charges will be the first breachable tool that you won’t directly have to be near to detonate and breach a door. (This can form flanks and use breaches as an entry decoy, breaching behind juggernauts, and etc.)

Now I won’t get into which classes should get breaching charges, and which shouldn’t. That is a talk for a class change overhaul that can possibly be coming in later suggestions, however, opening this possibility is what this suggestion is made for.

Example 2: The Battering Ram (Revamped!)

Now, I know what you’re thinking, “you’re removing certifications just to keep the battering ram", and yes, you are correct. However, battering rams should be given to JUST officer/commander whitelists.

Restricting it to just these whitelists could result in the following:

• Less minges have access to the battering ram, this can prevent forceful opening of bunk doors, failrp breaches, and etc.
  • Officers can provide more leadership and planning with breaching and entering, planning CQC warfare, and clearing OBJs.
  • Gives a little more incentive to reach officer rank in a faction (I know this is a stretch, but whatever).

I think this is a no brainer, minges obtaining the battering ram has been a problem for a while now, this would be the simple way to combat that. Yes, idiots can still obtain officer ranks, but it takes them longer to accomplish and more courses of action can be taken with their punishment.

Example 3: The Heavy Shield

Currently in the game, I don’t know when they were added, there are heavy shields. It is a gigantic shield that lets the user breach a door when the shield is in use. This is something that should be added to classes for multiple valid arguments:

• The heavy shield is a sniper's worst nightmare, it’s a giant shield that is impenetrable while in use and it breaches doors.
  • This tool is also a camper's worst nightmare for the same exact reason, being able to breach and have a shield out at the same time can force people to move out of overpowered camping spots and force them into uncomfortable situations.
  • Can be used within RP scenarios, lots of GMs look into juggernaut breach and clearing like an actual military mission, this is something that can excel in that and form more RP “realism” within the server.
  • Add the variability of specific enlisted in different SOC factions being able to open necessary doors for certain OBJ's, e.g a GB enlisted is called and prioritized to be sent to COMMS to open the garage door. This aspect of the heavy shield spices up war and sets roles for people during war.

As you can see, this simple replacement alone can give more CQC players a chance, form new game mechanics, and provide more realism to roleplay scenarios. These are all basic things that the server strives for.

Again, this is if you want breaching charges, heavy shields, and battering rams to be given to SOC classes. Class changes would come at a later time, but opening the possibilities is what this suggestion is meant to do. I see certifications becoming completely useless and forgotten to the server and I think adding different types of breaching mechanics could freshen things up.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team

the Certs are in a good place at the moment, yes there could be more try outs for them but they do play a role on the server. Additionally to there being more tryouts there can also be more certs that can be given out, I think we could put a cap on how many you can get but at the moment there are only 2 so it does not really matter. Finally, if you are seeing people being minges with the current certs it is as simple as reporting it and having a staff member take the cert away.

1 hour ago, Papamid said:

the Certs are in a good place at the moment

Can you please list the good examples of certifications and why they should stay? I see this as a complete and positive revamp to the server that could take place and bring new mechanics to the game. I rarely ever see anybody use certifications even with the countless numbers of past members abusing the system. More certifications being handed out just sounds like a bad idea overall, what's going to change with how people use them and how many tryouts will get held on a weekly basis? If anything it can create more stress on the executive to host them instead of dealing with other active server issues.

• Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team

Currently I use the battery ram as an MP to get people out of cars and to go into buildings, I use it for war to again get people out of cars and currently to get into COMMS. The benefits of using certs is to allow all players to get it, if they abuse it we simply warn them and then remove from the cert so they can’t use it, I can see putting the wrench or mechanic cert on officer but all other certs and certs to come should be widely available as it can bring variety to the game, if players want certain things from certs in their faction they can put a job/weapon suggestion up. Additionally, if they want to have SOC faction only certs again they can put up a suggestion for that. The current certs that are available are fine as is and any additional ones we come up with can be brought to the table on weather they can just be put onto classes or factions or be available to everyone. Finally, we can do more tryouts for them and executives can determine what staff ranks can do the tryouts so there can be more of them.

sorry for bad grammar and anything spelled wrong as I’m on my phone and in a car.

2 hours ago, Papamid said:

Currently I use the battery ram as an MP to get people out of cars and to go into buildings

There is no stopping the new breaching utilities from being added to Military Police whitelists. You can receive breaching charges and riot shields on the class for coordinated pushes into bunks to arrest someone. However, I too am Military Police, and nothing makes me angrier than when someone struggles out of cuffs and abuses the breaching ram to get out. This also goes for possible jailbreaks being stopped due to the fact that not everyone has access to the battering ram.

I use it for war to again get people out of cars and currently to get into COMMS

Please read over my suggestion, it samples how every example can add to war/roleplaying scenarios. Not only can you use these examples for usual war techniques, but also countering snipers, giving new mechanics to CQC, and providing new additions to overall strategy.

should be widely available as it can bring variety to the game

But why should they come in a wide variety? Why should everyone that tries out for the class get it? Just because you use it doesn't mean the other 95% of certified players will.

if players want certain things from certs in their faction they can put a job/weapon suggestion up

There are suggestions that can be put out there, however, like I stated, this suggestion is meant to open the possibilities and capabilities of these additions being added.

we can do more tryouts for them and executives can determine what staff ranks can do the tryouts so there can be more of them

Might I ask, and I don't mean to diss, but which executive are we talking about? From what I've seen, certification tryouts have not been held since last Omega. The staff team continues to explain how they will host more tryouts and such, yet never actually get to it. Converting these 3 different types of tools can help ease the process and let factions handle it.

Edited by Towelieee

+1

It appears that there has been no progress made on this concept of a greater certification system extending outside of the current battering ram and wrench cert. It has been in this concept limbo for the past 4 months, as the last significant progress I have seen concerning the certification system is a single comment on a trello card dating back to December 3rd 2022. I don’t doubt that there are good ideas and concepts made for certs, but in its current state the entire community can agree that the certification system is completely flawed. The proposal of putting certs on classes would be a perfect substitute until a substantial full-proof system is made for certifications. To add on, the fact that the executive team is literally only huntinguy, having certs being solely controlled by execs will always have players left out due to scheduling issues. Specifically, this mainly happens to players who happen to not be on during the time of a tryout. Instead, the battering ram and wrench should be given to different factions where they can contribute to a sense of identity and serve more of a purpose. A perfect example would be maybe giving the battering ram to a CQC class, giving this class a real identity as they are the select people in their country to open the garage door on comms and change the fate of a war. 

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...