DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Removal of DS and Recruiter

jas0n

Instead of being trained you are automatically whitelisted for Army Soldier and Support as well as Taliban equivalents.

Pros

Nobody likes to train, which leads to long train times which then leads to lost of interest

Can try out both sides without being trained twice, encouraging players to give both sides a shot. Will also have the benefit of stopping the changes of how new players spawn. No need to set new players on tali recruit if players can freely try both teams

Will allow players to have a more natural experience on the server. Allowing moments of opportunity for multiple scerinos. 

Ex : Separate debriefs or even making a friend

Cons

Will allow New players to rdm 10 minutes faster than before

Staff can no longer farm sits

Now as simple this change is, it will change the new player experience completely. Removing responsibilities of DS/Recruiter now puts that responsibility on us. If you weren't doing it before you should be helping new players when you come across them. Help someone set their name correctly. Show them around base. Whatever you think needs to be done to provide the player with an enjoyable experience no matter your rank or faction. 

• Disagree 1

I mostly agree with this post, the recruiting manual is unnecessarily long telling recruits useless garbage that people won’t even enforce. This including PTL, vehicle use and faces.

Any trainer manual should ONLY cover the premise of basic rules, debriefs, and the ROE. This should just be a training on how not to get banned within the first 15 minutes of playing, not how the entirety of the server works.

To summarize what I said, there should be a manual/training for new players of the server, but it should only cover very few subjects. Everything else can be player based learning and people making friends.

Training for me should be under 10 minutes as is. I dont agree with removing the DS/RAC role. It's not just a tool for new players to get trained, it's a factor in determining who will make a good officer, as well as from the new players POV, the first experience they get. Otherwise, they likely don't show up for DB, don't know where the obj is/how to get there, and leave.

• Agree 1

Most trainers do not cover majority of the training manuals. I have said this to many of my enlisted in where you want to get the big points out first. You can reference things like PTL and PTE but not go to deep about it. As far as removing DS and RAC it seems completely unwise to do something like this. Training does act as an roleplay aspect to an extent. And I fear incorperating something like this will just cause more issues on the server then there already is.

6 hours ago, Shwade said:

Most trainers do not cover majority of the training manuals. I have said this to many of my enlisted in where you want to get the big points out first. You can reference things like PTL and PTE but not go to deep about it. As far as removing DS and RAC it seems completely unwise to do something like this. Training does act as an roleplay aspect to an extent. And I fear incorperating something like this will just cause more issues on the server then there already is.

I completely disagree. We wont lose any rp. When you hit SGT you now have the responsibility to pull new players to the side and explain things to them. Hey man this is what your name should be. Hey since your new you wanna stick with me this war and ill show up a few things. You say most trainers do not cover the majority of the training manuals but I haven't really seen that unless there soc. I hear all the time of them being quizzed, being told things that they really wont ever use. You can learn the faces when everyone does in DB turns around. You follow the crowd until they learn or they will ask for help. Removal of DS would also let players try both sides without any consequences expect rank and whitelists. We always goes through these waves of base factions struggling and we always do the same solution to fix it. Please spawn new players as tali recruit. Then we run into the problem of there not being enough US so we go back to civilian. Keeping new players as civilian also gives the opportunity for gambling rooms that garnet and others seems to be a fan of. I really cannot see a downside of letting go of these outdated system other than losing tradition 

9 hours ago, PraetorDon said:

Training for me should be under 10 minutes as is. I dont agree with removing the DS/RAC role. It's not just a tool for new players to get trained, it's a factor in determining who will make a good officer, as well as from the new players POV, the first experience they get. Otherwise, they likely don't show up for DB, don't know where the obj is/how to get there, and leave.

If you ask people who gave garnet or other mrps a try but never stayed there is a common response. I didn't want to be trained, i didn't want to sit through some lame ass speech. I didn't want to take notes for the quiz. You really don't learn as much as you think during these trainings. Most people don't even pay attention. They just want to have fun and go through a 10-60 minute training. 

• MilitaryRP Administration Team

I do feel as if the risks out way the reward.
The purpose of the recruitment system is to give new players a basic idea of how to play the game before they even start.

Additionally it incentives both staff and base faction as it allows for faster promotions as we all know it does take time and can be boring but it is something that just has to be done. 

What we can do to help out the DS and RACs is add a more in depth "Recruitment table" where new players can be given an automated recruitment that go deeper into the rules, factions, and war.

Kind of like what we had in the past but better, and on top of it we would have to revamp the /quiz to make it more difficult and cover more topics so people cant just go rdming right away.

With this system though I believe it take a while to develop so the DS and RACs will be required, and even with it in place some players may still be wished to be trained by another player as it would be easier than taking a large test.

15 hours ago, Papamid said:

I do feel as if the risks out way the reward.
The purpose of the recruitment system is to give new players a basic idea of how to play the game before they even start.

Additionally it incentives both staff and base faction as it allows for faster promotions as we all know it does take time and can be boring but it is something that just has to be done. 

What we can do to help out the DS and RACs is add a more in depth "Recruitment table" where new players can be given an automated recruitment that go deeper into the rules, factions, and war.

Kind of like what we had in the past but better, and on top of it we would have to revamp the /quiz to make it more difficult and cover more topics so people cant just go rdming right away.

With this system though I believe it take a while to develop so the DS and RACs will be required, and even with it in place some players may still be wished to be trained by another player as it would be easier than taking a large test.

What are the risks in your eyes. I feel like new players already through the training don't know where objs are. They follow where others are going and if they get lost they just cap some other point. Ever play a war where the random 11B squad cap a completely random obj. The people who come to mass rdm know what there doing. No quizzes or speech will change that and its naïve to think that. The people that do rdm and are  confused why its rdm should be get a verbal in a staff sit and explained to them so it doesn't happen again. You mention a recruitment table that explains rules factions and war. Our server isn't complicated, its very simple. You shouldn't need to attend a mandatory course to play our server. Our system is outdated and the biggest problem for new players that don't stay. The point of this change is to try to get more people to try the server. It doesn't matter how good our server is if people are unwilling to try. They can learn everything about the server by playing it. Everything "taught" in Recruitment is very common knowledge that you can learn from anyone. I think a good officer and decent player is one who goes above and beyond what there told to do. Helping new players is the best thing you can do for the server. Help them out instead of relying on a program that very little want to even participate in that they most likely wont even remember. Our current system is garbage and needs drastic changes.

• 3 weeks later...