DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Suggestions for the Next Map

Hello,

This suggestion will mainly focus on ideas and concepts that should be added to the next map. Again, you can pick and choose what you like as all of these suggestions are things that I think would greatly benefit the server and map quality.

1. Togglable Doors and Generator System

In the short duration this server was on Desert, Comms was hands down one of the most unique objectives I have ever played. In the map updates posted by Diomonder, it appears to be a full rework of Delta with comms being completely revamped having new textures and details. If it is not already in the works, please make sure that the generator, the garage door and the sliding door into the bunker are present in this iteration of comms. Also just an idea to play with, it would be cool to if this feature of generator-powered doors was on other OBJ's. The variability of a singular person with a battering ram being able to open Comms made playing on the OBJ very suspenseful. I greatly look forward to having this on the next map.

spacer.png

2. Functional Power Core System

A feature that me and others took for granted, the power core system was an excellent way of having another avenue of entertainment during peacetime. Power cores were the closest we have ever had to having any sort of value present in countries bases. As Chahrikar's power core had an influence on the lighting of all the bunks, it made having a power core extremely desirable. If you want to take this to the next level, buildings such as the Training Facility, Debrief and even some portions of the underground tunnels of both bases should be influenced by the power core. This would make power cores a necessity for both countries to have, and would bring in some very interesting RP and peacetime interactions.

As it concerns the amount of power cores a map should have, I will leave that choice up to the community or Garnet to decide, because I don't really know myself. Having a SINGULAR powercore would have some mixed opinions, as one side will always be lacking power and electricity in their base causing some slight inconveniences. However, the upside to having a SINGULAR power core would mean that EVERY single player would be constantly fighting, raiding, infiltrating and bargaining for access to the power core. But if anything, I would like to see ANY kind of iteration of this powercore system on the new map.

US Base Powercells

840b394764ba0936c7b23c41d6faa7e4.jpg

Unpowered invidual bunks (with funk wielding the powercell uwu)

c70c3cbfb71f2a26e97aa4f385de100a.png

Powered Bunks

30779d733a56e938930bf8326d115beb.jpg

(straight copy and paste from an old garnet update post to show u guys LOL)

3. Interactive Board of entire map in debriefs

This one is more targeted for new players, but having the 2022 chaharikar map board be reimplemented for this new upcoming map would be a godsent, as this not only helps new players get adjusted to the map, but it also helps warleads to express visually and show everyone in DB what their warplans may be. Some suggestions for the map board itself, I would ask to have the board be slightly larger, taking up more of the Debrief. This is a big one that I really hope gets added to the next map iteration, as it is an extremely good thing to have.

Debrief [Interactive map highlighting US base and Town Center) 

172f8102950c37eb7d47fa59bd2d7271.jpg

(another stolen image from garnet to help u guys visualize what i mean)

4. A new version of MATCH or an actual Aim Trainer

I would like to see a new type of training building similar to MATCH be added to the new map. The reason why I am suggesting for a "new version" is because personally in my opinion, I don't feel MATCH was the greatest training tool, let alone a good benchmark for tryouts. All MATCH really did was test how fast you could run and shoot pre-determined targets that you had in your head, and the only redeeming quality was that in order to get really good at MATCH you had to have practiced it a lot. This is why I am suggesting for a new type of MATCH or Aim Train building, maybe one that is similar to some CSGO aim train maps that actually pushes and tests the raw mechanical skill of players in the server. Not only would this help people practice their aim during peacetime and keep them engaged, but having a new training building that hones in on your aiming capabilities could serve to greatly improve the skill of many players on the server. Again, this is just my opinion and if the community wants, they could just as easily keep MATCH and that would also be good enough. Now I am not asking for an extremely large building that is a 1:1 replica of AimBotz from CSGO. Well actually, if you could genuinely make that possible and have an aimtrainer as sophisticated as AimBotz, that would be perfect. I do recall something like VR simulations in the Chahrikar MATCH building, where static NPC's would spawn in with guns. A possible idea is having that same VR simulation, except in the style of an aim train map with 360* or 180* of vision with continuous lethal or non-lethal npcs spawn in. Overall, I think the community would love to see a new training building to use for tryouts as well as to use to improve their aim.

5. Add implementation of the Echo V2 Tunnels

This one I have to give credit to @GummyBear, as this was posted into the discord suggestion forum back in March that got buried, but essentially the whole idea was to have implementation of a tunnel / underground system leading to OBJ's like the ones we had on Echo V2 (2022). 

To directly quote Aiden Rickz' suggestion "I'd really like to see the tunnels we had on Echo make a come back on other maps such as Delta. IMO they make for great CQC areas and allow new players who don't have access to long range weapons to still have an impact on war by bypassing sniper duels almost completely. They also favor a more defensive/offensive playstyle during Objective wars with clear entries to defend and attack which allows for a better management of troops from the warlead perspective."

Some Screenshots of this (Credit to Aiden Rickz) :

spacer.pngspacer.png

@Nutter @Diomonder

Edited by Reynolds
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut

Thank you for the tag, allow me to suggest something back that'd help even more than a map:

1. A FUN AND ENGAGING EXECUTIVE AND FACTION LEADERSHIP TEAM.
    Create a fun environment to roleplay in, keep players engaged and having fun so they don't feel the need to change the map every 9 business days. Currently at the hands of the Executive team is an automated event systems that lets you create endless possibilities, IE: strongholds, NPC raids, and really just anything you can think of. Generally, these events can be made in 20-30 minutes, and can provide HOURS of fun gameplay.
  2. AN INNOVATIVE GAMEMASTERS TEAM
    Immersive, fun to participate events that are thought through, who knows, if there's some good GMs coming up I might just literally throw the SWRP event system onto MRP, allowing GMs to set spawns on-the-go and go to offworld (alternative map) events

With a more serious tone since you went out of your way to create this thread (and while yes, these features could be great for gameplay, I think they'd hardly be necessary if we had good leadership and more player engagement). On the new map, there WILL be a toggleable generator. Creating a debrief map is simple enough, another version to match would be virtually impossible unless I was given a blueprint of one. However, there is literally no room for tunnels on this desert map with zero mountain, and powercores wouldn't make much sense.

• Spicy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1
  • 3 weeks later...