Gun/Equipment Menu Changes

Jerryry

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
I'm suggesting that the Equipment menu should be similar to something like a GTA 5 weapon wheel. There can be like a section dedicated for melee weapons, one for throwables like 
'nades and nerve gas, one for snipers, Misc equipment like the Climb swep or Raidtools, etc... I think the only issue is that it's possible that there won't be a key within reach to pull up
the menu since I think using the scroll wheel or something would be a little annoying to go through, but, less annoying then having to go through 20+ (<--example) weapons for something when you can 
get to it straight away.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] I think this would benefit the server because for people that have quite a bit of weapons. It will make it easier to get to a
particular weapon than just having to scroll through the shit show of weapons that some may have.          

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 2

-1 pretty unnecessary if you ask me. i don’t think it’s a issue that needs fixing. just scroll faster or learn the current system better so you get used to where your weapon is placed 

also sounds pretty unvanilla if you ask me. 

• 2 weeks later...

+1: Is it necessary? I don't think so. Would it benefit the overall combat experience? Absolutely if done correctly. The only drawback I can see is that it would be difficult and lengthy to create a good weapon menu like the one GTA V or CS:GO uses for the server, and so far, it appears that this isn't a priority for the community. Another downside is that this kind of weapon menu is slightly intrusive for the kind of gameplay that Darkrp has. But other than that I would personally love to see a change to the UI like this one.

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1

+1, bruh im tired of people just being so against any change. Lets be honest Garnet refuses to add anything not vanilla to the server but that doesn't mean we as a community can't push for really nice QOL changes. The weapon system is fucked as of now, CC's can not disable their weapons, swapping between all of them sucks even if you disable a lot of them, and having a fully customizable wheel like GTA V would bring value to the server 100%. Every -1 is claiming there is no need, no shit there isnt a need thats why its a QOL change. Not like there is much development going into the server right now, might as well try to get some nice QOL changes pushed.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/8/2023 at 9:44 PM, Jerryry said:

could this possibly get more attention? i would like if this had some sort of verdict just so i dont need to worry about having to hop on forums for a year old post

welcome to the state of GarnetGaming Development.

• 300 IQ 1
  • 1 month later...