DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

GB MODEL CHANGES (WEAPON CHANGES REMOVED)

Twig

Model Changes: As it stands, the current Green Beret models are just Green Army models, and playermodels are a big reason people join a faction, everyone wants to look cool, no one wants to portray a soldier that looks like a cartoonish green PMC.

Here's a picture of a Green Beret In real life, in Afghanistan;
US Army Green Beret in Afghanistan. Photo from @regularguytactical ...

And here are the models im suggesting, which are already on the server, and are truly as close as we're gonna get.
https://i.imgur.com/pI8Zicn.jpg

H2oYqwf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OVGR0fC.jpg

QOpMHEV.jpg

There are 11 of these models in total ("Deltar") so there are plenty to work with. Give Green Berets decent playermodels, I implore you.

Edited by Twig
  • Like 2
  • Dumb/Shitpost 4
  • Agree 1

+1

Not just saying this as a GB but honestly i think its time GB has a model change. The one right now is pretty dogshit and looks im playing a kids game.  So not only will the models look more realistic and have a better influence on the faction, this could actually make some of the senior players come back for a little bit yk, Look at some the changes/updates that have happend on the server. Thisll be part of the change. Updates are good.  The image youve provided of IRL GB does make more sense aswell. We should work to make changes with the models.

Ive never really had a problem with the SCAR-L , however your point does make some sense. However me personally, im happy with the SCAR-L as it is. 

16 minutes ago, PraetorDon said:

What are the stats of the ak103 vs the scar light? Can you post a side by side comparison?

Current GB models are pretty goofy.

No attachments:
0r494Pd.jpg

7GP5NYW.jpg

Recommended attachments:
1cLeuf5.jpg

Oa5LWpH.jpg

Nothing in this suggestion is really too far of a stretch. However, you want the SCAR buffed, the AK103 should stay the same to combat the SCAR. Other than that, model changes are much needed and will help with realistic measures within the server!

+1

• Like 2

SCAR/103 Changes can be denied, but im really pushing for these models, especially since the server is working on being modernized, Green Beret will NEED playermodels to stand out. Please Consider this!

• Agree 1

+1 to the model changes the green's prolly just one of the most unattractive models. It has been like this for years though so I doubt there'll be much push to get this done prolly low priority. 

• Agree 1
2 hours ago, Squiddyy said:

+1 Modules need swapping seems good idea

Especially with the moderniziation thats about to happen, models will be a huge factor in interest in factions

Unfortunately, those models are already occupied by AFSOC Lore team which was created by Towelie. Regardless of this models can be given a change and yes it may be time for us to consider that but the gun changes no. There are other models that can also represent a Green Beret, which can be added or copied into the server if need be.