Military RP Gamemasters

{GG}otham

This suggestion is pretty ballsy and will more than likely be controversial, but i'd ask that you give it a read.

For a while, Military RP has only had 2 systems interacting. The first one is the player base. The people attempting to "create" the roleplay environment with only themselves and peers for assistance. On the other hand, the staff. The people meant to uphold the rules and keep the players within the rules of Roleplay and the server in general. Although this system works rather well, I think that there is a huge amount of potential in adding a 3rd party to the mix. Assign people who's main goal is to create RP conflict between the two factions. We call it Military RP, but we lack in "roleplay" a whole lot. I think the implementation of Gamemasters would potentially be a really good idea.

The implementation of real RP situations...

1 Idea I had for a "event" is a Resistance Rescue mission. 5 or 6 players from either side are chosen to become event characters as "resistance". You can change their model to something neutral between the two factions, and place them at a random objective as a map. Give them ~5000 HP and have them defending a certain objective. For example purposes, RU gets an alert that there is a resistance @ Factory and their objective is to take them out. Meanwhile the US receives an Alert from the resistance requesting aid. The US's goal would be to defend the event characters, while the RU's goal is to clear factory of both US and the resistance. I feel things like this would spice up MilitaryRP, beyond the scope of just going to war and doing tryouts. I also feel like this would also be really effective in the upcoming map.

I may add more depending on the forum feedback, if anyone else had any ideas, feel free to add them.

Forgive me if this sounds retarded, just attempting to think of ways to make this server more enticing for players.

Edit: Lmao, can this be moved to MRP instead of PoliceRP...

Edited by {GG}otham
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Winner 2

I like the Idea but I can see this getting out of hand way too quickly. 

1. The players on the other Team will be complaining about how overpowered the Other team with the resistant is because of the Health and The whole Force protecting them.

2. If Their was like a Juggernaut or RPG that did this...... Oh jeez all hell breaks lose. Juggernaut could just keep buying ammo and go to town.

3. People will be going to Phantom or garnet about how crazy this game mode is if it gets too out of control.

But I like the idea about this we would just need to plan it out more.

And I can also see how this could be fair in other ways but well see how it goes if its accepted! 🙂

+1

PS,@Phantom can you move this too MilRP suggestions ❤️

Edited by [GG] Jerran
1 hour ago, The.Batman (Faustin) said:

Not a bad idea but couldn't high ranking staff just hold events instead? (Manager+)

Of course Manager+'s can host events. It's just that staff members of that rank also have responsibilities in terms of administration. Setting up a team who's main purpose is interacting with the playerbase via roleplay would allow more formulated ideas and planning.

57 minutes ago, [GG] Jerran said:

1. The players on the other Team will be complaining about how overpowered the Other team with the resistant is because of the Health and The whole Force protecting them.

Obviously balancing events and such would be an ongoing topic. However, I will say that balance doesn't have to be the main factor in terms of events. Sometimes being the "underdog" in situations is really thrilling. Plus, the events would go both ways. As long as the events set RU and US both as the underdogs during events at a near balanced ratio, I think the complaining will be minimal.

1 hour ago, [GG] Jerran said:

2. If Their was like a Juggernaut or RPG that did this...... Oh jeez all hell breaks lose. Juggernaut could just keep buying ammo and go to town.

Lol I feel it would be pretty awesome tbh. Protecting the resistance @ Factory and all the sudden you see 2 RPG's marching over the hill in the distance.😂

1 hour ago, [GG] Jerran said:

3. People will be going to Phantom or garnet about how crazy this game mode is if it gets too out of control.

For the most part, the model would probably just be the normal civilian model. Which wouldn't be too odd since resistances are usually civilian militia anyways.

• Like 1

+1 Sounds like a ton of fun. Similar to the whole hostage rescue type that was set up by leaders very rarely. These times when they were set up were probably the most fun ive ever had on the server so something even remotely close to this would be awesome!

• Like 1

While I'm not going to appoint a "Gamemaster" division (if that is what you were getting at), Admin+ can host RP events, so long as they make sense and don't involve setting jobs or anything other than "complete this RP objective," similar to the hostage events that have been held in the past.

• 300 IQ 1