DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Printer XP QOL changes

Jbhh

Suggestion-

Currently Printers have a couple of really frustrating interactions with XP that I believe could be fixed with minimal effort.
-XP does not carry over to the next level
-XP Stops at 120-125k collect.
-XP is nontransparent and hard to gauge.

I believe that if we allowed XP to carry over as well as changed the XP cap it would improve QOL significantly and help newer players, It sucks to only have 2 printers and every time you collect you are forced to lose xp. It also sucks when you have a lot more than 2 printers and at low levels after a prestige you are forced to collect every few minutes. The last change would just have a visible xp meter that has numbers, I think this would just be another good QOL change as a very analytical person I love min maxing printers and I think it would be nice to see the actual xp amounts.

Example Printer xp distribution(fake numbers just proof of concept)

Level 1- 100xp
Level 2- 200xp
Level 3- 400xp
Level 4- 800xp
Level 5- 1600xp

Lets say a printer at 100k gives 2.5k xp-
If we collect that printer at level 1 you will be level 4 with 1000/1600xp.

Edited by Jbhh
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, Criteria said:

-1 Takes the grind out of printing no need to change the printers at all right now 

This does not take out the printer grind I don’t even know how you came to that conclusion, all it does is prevent you from losing xp that you currently are. Going over 120k would not give proportionally more xp collecting one 250k printer should be double 125k.

Edited by Jbhh
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Toddd said:

-1 Takes the grind out of printing no need to change the printers at all right now 

Refer to the message above, I would love an actual substantive arguement as to how this takes away the printer grind. You still have to get coolers every 30 minutes.

Edited by Jbhh
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The Garnut

Exactly what is described as the issue in this post, is an intentional feature. 

Players who are say.. level 99 can literally max out their printers, prestige, and immediately after hit level 25 with a decked out printer that's been idle for about 20-30 minutes. That would just break the progression of prestiging on the server, which is supposed to be harder to obtain, sorry, you can downvote my response all you want, but this is not something I would like to implement.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines