Navy PO III J. Church | Church's GM Application

In-game name: PO III J. Church (formally known as Thorn, Thire, Voicebox)
SteamID: 76561199001449144
Warns: None that I'm aware of
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: 482 hours (20 days), as of January 7th, 2023, at 2:20 PM EST

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): Who hasn't referred me? I've been bullied by Conway, Quads, Sam, and a few more people to do this application.

Past experiences as a Game Master: 1x GM Supervisor (Senior Admin); 3x Lead GM; 2x Senior GM; 7x GM (none of these overlap each other, these are the highest ranks I've gotten to in separate servers).

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

(time to write a full Harry Potter novel here...)
Well, there are 3 main factors (I'm gonna do 3 parts just to go overboard)

First is activity. I feel as if my activity is on the greater end of where it should be. I pretty much play the server like some guy named Greg would work an average 9-5, but it's actually a fun job, like an amusement park or something. The past few weeks I've been putting out a little less activity, but that's due to some complications (will not go in depth about them, no real need to). Hell, for 2 weeks straight a couple months back, I was on the server every day, anywhere from 8-12 hours a day. I put in over 100 hours in within a 2 week period. Now while I;m not planning on doing that ever again (it was painful, trust me), I will still have 6-8 hour days on the server. And trust you me, I know I can easily pull that off (yes I put "and" at the beginning of a sentence, sue me).

Second is the ability to make things enjoyable for the players. Like what I will say a few sections down, the players desire to have an enjoyable experience within the server. If they don't find something enjoyable, the urge for them to keep getting on slowly slips away, and later down the road it could end up feeling like a chore for them to get on (that's how I felt a few years back on another server). Like I stated in another section, the main duty of a GM is to make the server more enjoyable for the players. I will say something that goes along with this in my third reason, but I have also never (or rarely ever) received any complaints about events that I have done. On the contrary, I believe at least 90% of the events I have done in my time doing this, have unanimously upvoted. But, making the server enjoyable for the players, is the number 1 thing to do (i should have this as factor 1 tbh, but oh well).

Third is experience. I've been playing GMod SWRP for 8 years (I've been playing for longer with other gamemodes), and started doing GM work about 6 years ago. In my time, I have rarely ever received complaints from people, if any complaints at all. I only remember 1 complaint I've gotten, and that was from someone that killed an EC when strictly told he wasn't allowed to, so I warned him (this was when I was the SA). Apparently sent a complaint to my boss at the time (which was the owner of the server), and it was ignored because the kid was being dumb (wasn't my fault). That story isn't the only experience I have, though (I just wanted to say the story because I thought it would've been a good idea to share). Outside of GMOD however, I have countless areas of experience in another games (ARMA, GTA FiveM, Rust [yes Rust Events are a thing], and others). But I'll just discuss the GMOD side of things for right now. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

I've been doing GMod for 8 years now, I probably have been banned on at least one or two servers, but I don't remember at all.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:

I play your average 9-5 shift on this server almost every day. I can easily put in 15+ hours a week for Gamemastering duties (depends on the circumstances, though).

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:
Well, the main responsibility of a GM is to make sure the players have an enjoyable experience on the server, which will make them keep coming back. Secondary responsibility though, is to make sure you don't burn yourself out or make people bored by throwing out too many events.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team:

In my own personal first-hand account, CID doesn't get used as much as it should during events. I know other battalions have some issues during events with not being used, but hear me out. Sure, CID hasn't exactly been "around" the past couple of months, but even before then, CID was never used during events (this is coming from the previous CIDL), maybe once a month it was used. With that as well, several other Sub-Battalions, some Battalions, and even a couple Certifications, don't get to do much during events, except for shooting droids or staring at a wall (I've seen this happen with 41st, CG, 104th, and 501st). Main goal would be to let everyone have something to do that involves them directly (this corresponds to what I wrote in the "Why should we choose you over other applicants?" section).

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server:
Best idea that I can come up with right now, is one that I've already done on other servers. Character production. I've been working on voices, accents, ect. for the past month or so now, and I plan on implementing some of them into certain characters that are created for events, trainings, sims, missions, etc.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]
I have several ideas. However, I will only share the good/great ideas (wanting to keep the best ones for a later time). All of these are my own ideas that I have come up with over the years, the first 2 I have actually used other servers (several codenames and words have been updated for this server, of course).

Idea #1: The Visit
Off World: There is a scheduled visitation by Republic High Command, such as a high ranking General, for an "investigation". However, the General doesn't reach the 34th BG on Anaxes, and the Light Cruiser he is supposed to come in from, doesn't respond whenever it is sent a transmission. After not checking in with the 34th after he was supposed to land, the General is deemed as "missing". The 34th almost immediately would send out a team to the General's last known coordinates, nearby Corellia. With Corellia being the closest planet, the 34th would head there first. Not long after landing in Port Senia, they would locate his ship in a wasteland. Strangely enough though, it wasn't crash landed. When they board the ship, they are unable to find anything of note, or anything missing. All intel would be there, everything was in place where it should be, nothing at all, was missing, besides the crew. It's like the crew had just... vanished, or something. Unknown to where the crew and the General had gone to, they would continue searching the immediate area, but to find no tracks or clues to where they went. Mission would be of no success, which they would report to Republic Fleet. Fleet had then called it a day and would route the 34th back to Anaxes.

Idea #2: Infiltration
On World: A batch of Unassigned Clone Troopers are reassigned to the 34th Battlegroup, from another Battlegroup. Everything seems to be going well with this new unit, until a strange message appears to the 34th Naval Corps. The message seems as if it is a distress signal, but it's heavily encrypted. Navy works tirelessly to decrypt the message, and after some time, they are successful. Once the decryption process is completed, the message is not what it had seemed to be. It was sent as a distress signal to be sent directly to 34th Navy and Fleet so that no one else could see it, the "distress signal", was anything but a distress signal. The note contained information on the batch of CT's that were recently transferred into the 34th BG. These troopers were from the 29th BG, however, the 29th sent to the opposite side of the galaxy, and were destroyed by CIS forces, 1 year before the 34th had received the troopers. Once they gained this knowledge, the Criminal Investigations Division (CID) and the Naval Investigations Division (NID) would be informed to begin an investigation on these new "troopers". Each "trooper" would be called in for questioning, yet they would sound a little off than normal, a little more monotone per-se. When asked to remove their helmets, they turned out not to be clones, but BX Commando droids with some form of voice modulator. 

Idea #3: Invasion
Base Attack: The 34th is overwhelmed by CIS forces. They were able to hold the CIS back for a good amount of time, but unfortunate for the Republic, the CIS forces were too heavy to bare, and the 34th was pushed back into the base. Being pushed almost all the way into the base and having to rely on Checkpoint being a chokepoint for last line of defense, reinforcements would finally arrive, to save the day.

Idea #4: Captain Ghost
Off World: The 34th is called into assist a Clone Captain codenamed 'Ghost'. This trooper and his unit are known for their quick wits, and stealth. Captain 'Ghost' immediately doesn't like the partnership between his unit and the 34th Battlegroup but is forced to comply with Republic HC's [High Command] orders. Captain 'Ghost' and his Covert Ops were initially tasked with taking back an outpost under the control of a band of Pirates.

Idea #5: Resupply
Passive Event: The 34th receives a visit from Fleet Lieutenant West Garland, nicknamed "The Quartermaster". Lt. Garland delivers much needed supplies to the 34th Battlegroup. Including a new set of TX-130s, a brand new and state of the art AT-TE w/ a LAAT/C, 2 new BARC Speeders, 12 crates of ammunition stockpiles for the vehicles, as well as enough rations to supply the Battlegroup for 2 months.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Agree 2
  • Community Director

+1 - Confirming Referral. Overall I think the application is very robust, lots of experience, solid events. (Damn you're old)

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1

Loved the application, your drop in activity is alright, we know life will always be the main priority and everyone has their reasons specially for an adult, we will always respect that.

Your application looks good, very easy to read and follow, can tell you put a lot of effort and thought into it. The bans on previous servers i personally don't mind becaue you have caused zero issues in this one and i believe you're mature enough to not cause any specially with your age 😛

Your events ideas are neat, there's a few i would like to see how they play in the server, seems like there's a bit for majority of people so yeah.

+1

• StarWarsRP Administration Team

I like your ideas, and one of them I was actually planning on doing for my engineers soon. Overall you've got a good mix of stuff in your ideas and a good majority of them seem super practical. What really sells me is you putting the effort in to GM from the retirement home. That's what gets my +1; Say hi to colt for me btw!

+1 from what I've seen church has been an exceptional leader he's mild mannered and very mature. Looking forward to seeing some sick events based off your application. Good luck!

• StarWarsRP Management Team

+1, easily agreed to what both Missa and Jotaro said. I love the ideas and would love to see them be used. Finally, someone has beaten Missa in age.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

htruyc0533.png
ACCEPTED

After deliberation with the StarWarsRP Gamemaster Leadership Team, we have decided to accept your GM Application. This is largely in-part to some, but not limited to, the below reasons:

Huge support from both GMs and players
Solid event ideas
A whole bunch of referrals

Welcome to the StarWarsRP Gamemaster Team! We're looking forward to getting you trained and having you on board! 

Please do not use any commands/permissions until you have been trained