DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Weapon Crate cost and economy

• DarkRP Administration Team
  Weapon Crate Cost Adjustment  

Description 

I believe the price of weapon crates should be adjusted. Specifically the $1 million Forbidden Crate and the $25 million Explosives Crate. 
Based on the current average of capital per player (anecdotal observations,) explosive and high tier weapons are only accessible by a very small percentage of the server population.
I'm suggesting to lower the cost of Forbidden Crates to ~$250-500k and the cost of Explosive Crates to ~$3-10mil. If that is not possible, then increasing the odds of better item drops from these
crates would be another good alternative.

Reasoning

Due to the average capital of any random player on the server being so low currently, the rate and cost of acquisition of these high tier weapons disincentivizes players from buying the crates at all.
        The standard price RPG's are being sold for is $5-8mil now and ~$10mil for matadors. Considering it takes $1 mil to have a small chance at RPG and a far smaller chance at Matador, these numbers don't add up.
        I believe that the cause is the lack of market for selling these weapons for what they should be worth based on the price. If the odds of receiving an RPG from a Forbidden Crate are 1/20, the cost should
        be at least $20mil, and even more exaggerated for higher tier weapons/explosives. I believe as the model currently stands the weapon crates have been made nearly obsolete, meaning it's almost never a good idea to buy
        them as you can never make your money back. Finally, I believe slightly increasing the accessibility of these high tier weapons would increase server population, providing more incentive for players to stay on
        and realistically farm for, as well as vastly increasing the enjoyment of the server from players now able to get their hands on these weapons. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 7

+1 with the economy being almost reset this may give it a boost as rpgs and other thing will be brought back into the economy but i think explosive should be more like 12-15 not under 10 as it is ment to be for higher level players

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

For sure agree with a price reduction for the crates. I have a lot of money to throw around but the cost to even unbox an explosives crate (not to mention getting the key for it which is also RNG) and getting something that's worth a fraction of the cost of the crate is not exactly tantalizing. 10 mil for me makes a bit more sense at the very least for that.

+1

• Agree 1

+1 Crates are way too expensive, i'd love to see the pirate crate come back

𝐞𝐗𝐠 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐄𝐱-𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏-𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

spacer.png

" I'm You "

• Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Neutral

I am absolutely all for lowering the price of ALMOST all the crates. As it stands currently, pretty much every single crate besides the ones with the chance to drop explosives are functionally useless. The prices are way too high for most of the rewards dropped from the case. I still remember a "meme" on the server when crates were first released: "10k HK!" This is referring to the cheapest crate having a chance to drop an HK45, a gun which I'm sure everyone who's reading this thread knows... isn't worth anywhere near $10,000. Reducing the prices of most of the !unbox crates could make it so that you have the chance to make a lucky profit from a crate, which would be especially helpful to newer players. Imagine LittleTimmy91's joyful surprise when he get's dropped a PSG-1 for half the price it would normally cost! I truly like the concept idea, which is why I really wish I could +1 it...

However... Explosives are another thing entirely, especially Launchers. I feel that these should still be made difficult and expensive to obtain, for balance and server economy purposes. 

TL;DR: I'm all for reducing the prices of most cases, just not the ones with launchers.