SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:541596353
Warns:  Fals Arrest, Nlr (2 warnings)
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time
Playtime?: 84 hours 
Do you have access to Discord and a microphone?: YES
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: YES
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Merk
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional]
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] Good evening everyone! I want to say that i really enjoy the dark rp garnet gaming server very much. I've met lots and lots of great people and the staff and moderators are all good people to know. I haven't been on the server the longest out of people, But nonetheless i have a good understanding of the server. I gotta say this is most likely the most friendly server i have joined/played on. The reason why i want to apply for moderator and try for it is because i want other people to have the same experince i have had as well. I wouldnt be able to have had the same experince i did have if it wasn't for the moderators that i met. I also want to try to help everyone out as much as i possibly can. I want to be friendly and understanding but also firm with the rules and the power of a moderator. I want to give everyone a second chance and hear everyone's side of the story and choose on the best judgement i possibly can.

I also want to care for the server and treat it right and use my best judgement possible to make everyone see that not only are the moderators great people but that the server can be understanding and caring. But also not lacking on its punishments it hands out to those who break the rules. I want everyone to have a good time, regardless if i have one or not. I usually care more about others before i start to care for myself. It may seem like a weakness in my character but i see it as a strength, I see it as if im worrying about others being happy and having a good time I could pass out a good judgement. But that strength/Flaw usually ends when someone is harrasing someone and intentionally trying to make others have a bad time and not following the guidelines the staff have set out. I see the guidlines and rules as i hand to be held when playing the server so you don't trip or cause others to trip, A.K.A Having a bad time. The main reason why i want to become a moderator is basically what i just said, That is for everyone to have a good time and follow the rules. I know i may seem a bit emotional when it comes to others having a bad time, But rest assured i will make everyone happy and give the best punishment possible for the situation given! I see the moderator as a person who granted, does have more power then others but also makes everyone have a good time and a nice experience. I want everyone too have a good time regardless if i have one or not, I really am only happy when i see others happy, and the role of a moderator can provide that in my eyes. 

If you read this far thank you very much and judge this application how you see fit!
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: 10 hours
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I don't mean to sound like a nerd but I'm interested in becoming a police officer someday and I love video games. I also really enjoy basketball with the bros. i love animals and caring for them and i love having fun. I also, as said earlier, Love making people happy. i love hunting! Why i outta tell you I got a beautiful 10 point buck, youd be proud of me if you saw it. :)
Did you read the staff rules?: jeff jeffries

Edited by Jeff Jeffries
  • Like 1
  • Community Director

Some people may fault you for a lower hour count, but the application is well written, and you were pretty helpful whilst I was training a staff member today. I think you're worthy of a shot. +1 Good Luck.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

1 hour ago, Jeff Jeffries said:

The reason why i want to apply for moderator and try for it is because i want other people to have the same experince i have had as well. I wouldnt be able to have had the same experince i did have if it wasn't for the moderators that i met.

This is what stands out to me the most, a true and genuine care for the server and its player-base. People join the staff team for various reasons, but out of all of them, this is undoubtedly the most valuable and leads to some of the best staff!

I really like your application, and the reasons you've mentioned for wanting to join the staff team. You've been decent in my few encounters and I've seen you active every time I've been online recently. Most importantly, you're doing it for the right reasons too which can't be understated! You'll likely find that if you were to get accepted, others may join the team based on the way you have handled their reports, because they feel the same way you do - positivity is contagious!

With that said, you mentioned that you have a couple of warns but you have left the field blank "Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details". Warns expire after a couple of weeks, and so in my personal opinion I've often said that it's better to wait for warns to clear before applying, so then you'd then have at least a couple of weeks without any issues, which isn't hard - but it can depend on what they are for in fairness as mistakes can happen. You can always edit your post to add those details and elaborate on the points? I don't see that you have any bans on record though, a clean record is really positive.

1 hour ago, AlexConway said:

Some people may fault you for a lower hour count

People do often criticise applicants with low hours, unfortunately. I personally think that if you meet the minimum (which you do) then anything more is merely a bonus, the number of hours a player has doesn't always correlate to their performance. There's been some fantastic staff who've joined with low hours and done a superb job, in-fact sometimes a better job than staff with thousands of hours. The only benefit is experience which helps with uncommon issues, but the rest you'll have down in no time.

I wish you the best of luck, Jeff 🙂

• Like 2
  • Informative 1
  • Community Director
21 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

People do often criticise applicants with low hours, unfortunately. I personally think that if you meet the minimum (which you do) then anything more is merely a bonus, the number of hours a player has doesn't always correlate to their performance.

This is A1. 100% agree with this. 

• Like 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

While my initial introduction to you was not exactly good, lately you've made an effort to be an active and good member of our community. I always see you running some kind of base or just chatting with people, and as someone whose time on this server is mostly dedicated to interacting with the community I appreciate that. Your app is quite well-written and while of course your hours do just meet the requirement, ChrisRid said it best that hours itself do not always correlate to lack of experience. You meet all requirements asked of you and you also indeed read staff rules, can't say much more than that.

Good luck, brother.

+1

• Like 2
  • DarkRP Management Team

zvjizvrkco.png
PENDING INTERVIEW

Thank you for your application. After deliberation with the Human Resources Team, we have decided to tentatively accept your application and advance you on to the interview stage. Please ensure you have joined the Garnet DarkRP Discord. A link to the discord can be found at the top of the page on the Navigation Bar.

Once in the Discord, please message anyone with the "HR Division" role, or any member of the Administration Team, with a few dates and times to coordinate your interview. Thank you again for the time and effort you put into your application. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

zvjizvrkco.png
ACCEPTED

After deliberation with the DarkRP Administration Team and review of your Interview, we have decided to accept your Staff Application. We appreciate the effort you put into your application and look forward to having you on the staff team

Welcome back to the DarkRP Staff Team! We're looking forward to getting you trained and having you on board! 

Please do not use any commands/permissions until you have been trained, contact a member of HR for further instructions.