Noctua - Game Master Application

In-game name: Noctua
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): 76561198367192278
Warns: None
Timezone: CST
Playtime?: 2 days
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Discord, but yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Daph mentioned me during the leadership meeting, and both Python and Rook have vouched for me
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] A different server with a similar concept.
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I believe I should be chosen as a GM because I believe I could help improve the events that are commonly performed. I believe my input could help make events more engaging for players, as well as more interesting from a lore standpoint. Furthermore, I'm incredibly active and would likely be online on a regular basis. There's a lot of events that start late or are not done because no GM wanted to take it, and I believe I could help fill in those gaps. 
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: No.
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: More than I should. As much as I hate to admit it, I've been on pretty much every day since I joined.

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Managing events, RP sessions, and helping any organized occasions be fun, interesting, and complete. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I can provide creative and unique responses to rolls made, as well as helping expand upon the lore the server has been building.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: A plague. A sickness throughout the base that can cause hysteria, similar to rabies, that will make people violent and aggressive. Lots of Brig and Medbay RP. A follow up to the event that occurred on 2/16/24, with the assumption that the quarantine was not fully effective.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]
1. Aforementioned plague event. The plan is to have it be considered an on-world, where certain members choose to be ECs. The ECs are clones playing as themselves. They'll be hostile towards any non-infected member in the base, and the goal of the event is for the non-infected individuals to CAPTURE, not kill, the infected individuals, and to help cure them in the Medbay. This would lean heavy into Medbay and CG roleplay, though all members are able to help subdue infected individuals. On top of this, any person who is in contact with infected people without ensuring the suit is sealed will become infected themself, should they be willing to comply with the event. This would take place on Anaxes.
2. A raid happened on the Venator. By the time we react, there are droids throughout the ship. Spawns are randomized. Take back the ship. The goal is to push out from the deepest parts of the ship to the MHB, from there setting up a defense like a normal Venator stay. Having the elite squads, possibly including all of 327, raid the opposing ship to set charges would signal the end of the event. A CIS Commander EC, as well as a few "elite droid" ECs would be recommended to make the raid on the opposing ship harder. Furthermore, to make it more interesting, some form of PK is active on the other ship. This would make the event more dangerous, and therefore, more interesting. This would take place on the Venator.
3. Some "new clones" have joined, but something about them is suspicious. Basically, CIS spies infiltrate, and it's a game of "who's who" while people end up dead or missing. Imagine Among Us, but Star Wars. The idea is to fake a FPK for the people who choose to be the ECs for this event, and/or build off of anyone who "dies" during Event 2. This would mean they'd restart as Privates, making them "new clones" without making their high server time suspicious. This would take place on Anaxes.
4. A mission where all attack battalions create as large of a distraction as they can while raiding a base, in an attempt to draw all/most droids out of the area to defend. The sneakier battalions sneak inside to rescue a VIP, collect data, plant bombs, or whatever else the action of the day is. For this mission, I was considering using the WWII map that was used recently for the stealth mission. Potentially having the Main Spawn building be an area of interest would be unique. Having two mission targets would split forces and require coordination between battalions. Potentially, having ECs who are assassination targets or hostages, and therefore the goals of the events, in said buildings could make things interesting. 
5. Bombs have been planted in the base during event 3, which aren't discovered until later. There's an hour (or however) long timer. All members must search the entire base for the bombs (which are actual props) and call EOD to defuse. Worst case scenario, a non-EOD has to try to defuse a bomb out of desperation. During this, there would be ECs who are prisoners in the Brig who escape. These could be from Event 4. They're actively causing chaos and killing clones, so not only is there the pressure of defusing a few bombs on a time limit, there are hostiles within the base that need to be taken care of.

Thank you for reading through my GM application.

Edited by Noctua
Had to fix a mistake in the “recommendations” section
  • Agree 4
  • Community Director

+1 - I think your event ideas are good, they could use some refinement with a more tenured GM, but that is what the Trial GM phase is for. You have the drive and passion to be a good addition to the team. Good Luck!

Edited by AlexConway
  • Like 1
  • StarWarsRP Administration Team

Agree with Conway here. Good ideas, but missing some meat for sure. I believe in your motivation and would be happy with you joining the team. +1

• Like 1

I think your application shows a good amount of effort and willingness to help the server. Remember that the small details like planet names, job of the EC (ex. Senator, banker, mayor), different enemy types (ex. Drug cartel, terrorists, pirates) are very important in making immersive and diverse events. However, that’s something I’m sure you’ll understand quickly as you develop your GM skills. I think you’d make a good addition to the team +1

• The Garnut
18 hours ago, Noctua said:

Aforementioned plague event. The plan is to have it be considered an on-world, where certain members choose to be ECs. The ECs are clones playing as themselves. They'll be hostile towards any non-infected member in the base, and the goal of the event is for the non-infected individuals to CAPTURE, not kill, the infected individuals, and to help cure them in the Medbay. This would lean heavy into Medbay and CG roleplay, though all members are able to help subdue infected individuals. On top of this, any person who is in contact with infected people without ensuring the suit is sealed will become infected themself, should they be willing to comply with the event. This would take place on Anaxes.

Most definitely something that we wanted coded in to make it easier on GMs 🙂 a disease system. Pretty basic, but cool.

The rest of your event ideas have a huge "deceit" element to them, which is one of my favorites, so you absolutely have my full support for a +1, we've needed deduction-process, slower paced events than just "go here, do that, return, done" for a LONG time, and I hope you can genuinely bridge that gap.

• Like 3
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

htruyc0533.png
ACCEPTED

After deliberation with the StarWarsRP Gamemaster Leadership Team, we have decided to accept your GM Application. This is largely in-part to some, but not limited to, the below reasons:

Good referals.

Well liked event ideas.

Welcome to the StarWarsRP Gamemaster Team! We're looking forward to getting you trained and having you on board! 

Please do not use any commands/permissions until you have been trained