Change to Angry Hobo Swep

Description: Remove the "I'm going to rape you!" voiceline from the angry hobo swep.

Reasoning: This voiceline does not aline with the direction of the changes the server has been making such as removing slurs from NPC dialogue. Everytime I hear it screamed it makes me wince and ask myself why its even in the server.

- Rape Joke???

Addition Information: Content like this seems like it panders to the same younger and less mature players that enjoy saying slurs and getting themselves banned. 

• Disagree 4
  • DarkRP Administration Team
Posted (edited)

This has been brought up previously and denied. The voice line has remained the same since its creation, and is actually snippets from this video of a random guy shouting at his cat:

This is DarkRP after all.... and it's a lot less dark than it used to be! The world has become a little too sensitive these days IMO

Edit:

Just wanted to add, I think if YouTube allows this video to remain live on their site, I see no reason for it to be taken away from DarkRP. Yes, the YouTube video is age restricted, but so is GMod - and it warns of violence and profanity.

Edited by ChrisRid
  • The Garnut

Yeah we made a lot of changes for a good reason, ie: literal racist jokes with the n word in our UIs, provided by an old developer who was black and thought it was hilarious. Times have changed.

The hobo swep I think is a bit of a stretch, and if it’s pushing your buttons/making you uncomfortable, respectfully, Garry’s mod is just not the game for you. I’d suggest you go play Roblox.

• Toxic 1
  • Haha 5
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2