Bring Back Circles!

Description: Whitelist the following props under Plastic Props, so long as they do not cause server instability issues or crashing problems

models/hunter/tubes/circle2x2.mdl

models/hunter/tubes/circle2x2b.mdl

models/hunter/tubes/circle2x2c.mdl

models/hunter/tubes/circle2x2d.mdl 

models/hunter/tubes/circle4x4.mdl

models/hunter/tubes/circle4x4b.mdl

models/hunter/tubes/circle4x4c.mdl

models/hunter/tubes/circle4x4d.mdl

Reasoning: A lot of precise plastic prop builds, either as a hobo when making fancy designs or when creating a clean looking base, requires circular/round props for detail. However, options for round props as it stands are limited. You can use the trainstation_clock prop or wheels today, but neither are sized correctly when building something thats a 2x2 or 4x4. I believe allowing players to spawn the following round props from the plastic props menu (see screenshot below) would allow infinitely more creative freedom when building a cool shack, a neat prop art, or a well-designed base.

However... I did see that last year, Garnet warned props from the Tubes list menu cause server instability issues. 

As such, I request we whitelist only the round props from the Tubes plastic prop menu, so long as they do not cause server crashing issues. I know my ability to make cool builds would benefit as a result, along with countless other players as well.

Additional Information: The props in question:

spacer.png

Edited by UrdnotWrex
  • Agree 4

I would like to see all, Tubes return. But that would be up to garnet. I have already spoken to him about this not to long ago, in his response he said something along the lines of they can be abused. I won't go into detail as I prefer to keep our convos private. But, With enough support he may change his mind until they become an issue again. (maybe he will let us ban people instead) But for now I will toss up my +1 for the suggested props, But would like to see all of them and more props brought back to their glory.

• Agree 1

+1 removing tubes to stop prop trapping wasn't really beneficial since big ass tables and dumpsters can be spawned on you. tubes were used very often for people afking and building interesting structures. would love to see them added back 💯

• Informative 1
  • The Garnut

These circles were removed for crash issues, and not anything else, as such they will not be re-whitelisted.
Whitelisting larger props is fully possible if you make a separate post @IAreGunner

• Like 2
  • Cringe 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines